Strategy guide hits the UK

Just got the strategy guide in the UK smile.gif

OK so its being reported that there are some typo's in it ...... and some have asked 'is it really worth it' .... compared to my CDV manual there is not contest.

Money well spent (IMHO) ..... and far better that taking the cover of the CDV manual and paying a smaller sum for a manual that contains less info ... especially when I already have that info in another format.

Lou2000

Hi All,

Sorry about any typos. I went throught it, my wife went through it, Martin went through it, and the layout guy went through it. We tried to catch them, all, but we didn't. I'm sorry.

My apologies to all our British friends for leaving the "u" out of armor. ;)

Best,

Mark

Originally posted by Apache:

Lou - Do you mean you got from US or did you find it actually on sale in the UK? I've ordered direct from BFC.

Apache,

Orders from the UK (and the rest of Europe) are serviced by the BFC warehouse in the Republic of Ireland, which should cut down considerably on the delivery time. CMBO took two weeks to arrive from the States a couple of years ago. When I ordered Airborne Assault it only took a two or three days under the new arrangement. Of course AA wasn't competing with the Xmas mail.

I ordered via the BFC website - it was sent from the warehouse in Ireland.

When i ordered it said that European orders wouldnt be despatched until Fri 13 Dec .... turned up nice and early this morning :D

First impression is that it was worth the money ... there doesnt seem to be much in it that isnt known about or available from various posts on this forum or other websites .... however from my point of view it was worth it to have it all that info in one place and indexed for easy access.

Lou2000

Originally posted by Lou2000:

When i ordered it said that European orders wouldnt be despatched until Fri 13 Dec .... turned up nice and early this morning

Yeah, I saw that. They must have got them earlier as neither the Irish or British postal systems can manage that sort of efficiency ! :D

Hopefully my copy will show up on Monday.

Originally posted by markwalker:

Hi All,

Sorry about any typos. I went throught it, my wife went through it, Martin went through it, and the layout guy went through it. We tried to catch them, all, but we didn't. I'm sorry.

My apologies to all our British friends for leaving the "u" out of armor. ;)

Best,

Mark

that would be

"My apologies to all our British and Canadian ;) (Australian? New Zealand?) smile.gif friends for leaving the "u" out of armor. ;)

posted in the best of spirit smile.gif

-tom w

OH NO-typos and misplaced bullets :eek:

The way I figure it Mark, if that is all that can be found wrong with the book you have one successful guide on your hands-CONGRATULATIONS :D

I surf a bunch of forums from racing to flying to war games and I need a spell checker just to figure out what people are trying to say :(

I dont mean to start a flame war or nothing but personally I dont give a hoot in hell if a word is mis-spelled or not. I have seen college text books with mis-spelled words tongue.gif

;)

Note: If you have a European shipping address the guides will not be sent until the first full week in January as they are currently out of stock at our European warehouse. :confused:

now what i am i gona do all over crimbo ! :eek:

Originally posted by Mach:

Note: If you have a European shipping address the guides will not be sent until the first full week in January as they are currently out of stock at our European warehouse. :confused:

now what i am i gona do all over crimbo ! :eek:

Damn, I ordered it as a christmas present for my son too.

There is going to be one very disappointed little bear on christmas morning - fortunately my son didn't know he was getting it so he won't mind.

Disappointed of London

Originally posted by Moon:

Coffin, it depends on when you ordered. It's backordered for a couple of days now (IIRC), so if you ordered before that, there's a good chance that it's in the mail actually...

So, if I ordered it on Wednesday I still can get it :eek:

Yahoo,

Mr. Postman delivered a plain brown package to my door this morning..Oh and he also delivered the Strategy Guide smile.gif

Living in a backwater Scottish town (probably twinned with Murmansk, Russia) I expected to be one of the last to receive it). Excellent service..even for Royal Snail!!

First impressions - Well when I finally got over the initial euphoria of receiving it (wife thinks i've completely lost the plot) a quick recce revealed that this is a quality product. Granted there may be a few typos but that's insignificant as the material inside far outweighs any tiny negatives. Also for the price I expected some kind of cheaply bound manual but it's a bona fide BOOK!!! Thanks BFC

Oh...now I don't know what to do....Read or Play!!..Read or Play!!...not enough hours in the day..sigh!!

MG-42

French posts rulez, ordered on 10th IIRC, shipped on 12th, received on 14th (morning !) smile.gif

Nice read, I really liked the "scenario explained" and "From the Horse's mouth" chapters. Infantry chapter is good too, armor chapter a little short.

Didn't notice the o(u)r thingy, I'm French anyway ;)

However I'm just half-content with the tables ... Some misprints, fuzzy sorting logic (HOW are sorted german AFVs in the list ??? :eek: ), and important info lacking - mostly total nr of men in squads and ammo loads of vehicles (I know they aren't fixed, but max loadouts are).

Overall the CM Excel databases sheets of Chris Hare are more complete, useful and ... free tongue.gif .

Originally posted by MG-42:

Living in a backwater Scottish town (probably twinned with Murmansk, Russia) I expected to be one of the last to receive it). Excellent service..even for Royal Snail!!

MG-42[/QB]

Ohhh! I live in London and still haven't got it. :mad: I was sure it will come on Monday :(

Originally posted by Rostik: Ohhh! I live in London and still haven't got it. :mad: I was sure it will come on Monday :(

Originally posted by Rex_Bellator: Still waiting for mine down in Kent.... :(

Hmmm...I'm surprised you both haven't received the guide yet.

My guess is you'll both receive it tomorrow mainly due to the fact that the Postman has a mostly downhill cycle from Scotland..it is the same postman who delivers all of them...Right??

MG-42

I think i must have been lucky getting it first thing saturday morning.........

Opened the mail, followed by a light breakfast of cereal, coffee and a lesson in infantry assault tactics :D

The wife even came downstairs and said " you not on that game yet" ..... i just waved the guide at her and she left me alone tongue.gif

Ahhhh life just doesnt get much better !

...well if i started winning my PBEMs' it would i suppose !!

Lou2000