Patch upgrade for CMBO?

It sure would be a great act of support from them to add some new stuff to CMBO, but I don't see it very likely.

Why I think so, is that when dealing with a maelstrom of code, research and other kinds of work, they surely need a lot of time to patch it up first. Just look at CMBO and how long it took to add TCP/IP there (but that, admittedly, was a lot of work compared to other tweaks needed).

Also, the changes are so immense, and it would be very hard to draw a line to which to include and which not. They couldn't please everyone, and in no case would CMBO come par to CMBB just with a simple patch. And only Charles truly knows which additions would be quick enough to put in.

And of course it is always a matter of money. Making patches for a product of such an old age wouldn't be profitable, and while if there was a bug that really hugely affected the gameplay, and especially if it was easy to implement into the old code, then sure! But if it's about adding new commands that were not meant to be a part of CMBO and if that would take too much effort, then they probably wouldn't.

Besides, if they updated CMBO up to par with CMBB, then who would buy G.I.Combat?? :D

Let's wait and see how the full release looks before we make the call.

The demo adds some nice touches, but the biggest changes seem to be (aside from the subject matter and its scope) in the graphics. If I had to go one way or the other based on the demo, I say wait for the new engine. Of course, no one can object to both, if the time factor doesn't materially delay the development of the new engine.