A serious proposal for Italians in CMAK

Amedeo

Give the Bersaglieri the drooping plume of feathers on their hats/helmets.

And give the eagle's feathers to the Alpini too!

I know that this could only seem an ultra-groggy request of no importance. But be warned that, no matter how accurate your uniforms mod will be, without this distinctive features it would be a useless effort. After all, British helments were redesigned just because the old CMBO "pattern" didn't feel right.

Regards,

Amedeo

[ September 30, 2003, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: Amedeo ]

Originally posted by K_Tiger:

Isnt it funny enough to play with alpinis in the desert?.. :D

Yes, the only dumber thing to do would have been to use them to fight in the steppe... go figure what Mussolini did :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was speaking with Italy/Greece in mind.

Regards,

Amedeo

[ October 02, 2003, 02:16 AM: Message edited by: Amedeo ]

I very much doubt that we'll have those helmet feathers. The trouble is that unless we have a 3d model for the feathers they'll just look totally stupid stuck on the side of the helmet as a texture, and I can't see BFC doing 3D helmet feathers.

Originally posted by Ant:

I very much doubt that we'll have those helmet feathers. The trouble is that unless we have a 3d model for the feathers they'll just look totally stupid stuck on the side of the helmet as a texture, and I can't see BFC doing 3D helmet feathers.

You could have them as doodads, though. Now there's an idea: you could also have men have 3d bushy beards that way.

On a companion note, one hopes we will not see Australian diggers portrayed in CMAK with Hat, Khaki, Fur-Felt AKA the "Slouch Hat", which was not usually worn into battle. If it was, it definitly wasn't worn with the brim turned up, but rather down and with rather a battered brim, rolled usually downwards to shade the eyes.

I wonder though, any possibility of kilts and Tam O'Shanters for the 51st Highland Division? :D

Originally posted by Private Bluebottle:

On a companion note, one hopes we will not see Australian diggers portrayed in CMAK with Hat, Khaki, Fur-Felt AKA the "Slouch Hat", which was not usually worn into battle. If it was, it definitly wasn't worn with the brim turned up, but rather down and with rather a battered brim, rolled usually downwards to shade the eyes.

I wonder though, any possibility of kilts and Tam O'Shanters for the 51st Highland Division? :D

They wore kilts in the desert?

Originally posted by Newbtler:

Heh,yeah they really do look weird, but I like them.

img_stemma.jpg

Here's the other kind of "helmet" used before WW2.

Taken from: http://www.bersaglieri.net

I just hope we can get them in CMAK, they could make them 2d, like bushes are already in CMBB.

Not a helmet, actually a soft, wide-brim hat that is still worn on ceremonial occasions. I seem to recall WWI Adrian-style helmets with the Bersaglieri plumes, as far as old helmets go. Any photos of that out there?