CMAK Only $10.00 in Auatralia Now

markl

I was in Electronic Botique today and noticed that CMAK was being sold in a plastic DVD case with the Red Ant / Big Bytes label, for AU$10.00. Last time I saw it there it was in the CMAK cardboard box.

I would not have thought Battlefront would hae put it out in the value range boxes yet, but there you go.

Looks like I may give it too a few people for Christmas. For anyone interested in Australia, I saw it at Miranda, Sydney.

Cheers MarkL

Also in New Zealand for $10. I was only introduced to CMBB by a friend last month, he's spitting that I got hold of CMAK so quickly so cheap ;)

Also in the same $10 range is IL2, I have friends that play this + later mods, swear that it is the best historic air warfare game.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I'm not sure if that means its CM's price that's going down or the value of the U.S. dollar! Didn't the Euro (yes, I know it has nothing to do with the Aussie $) start out roughly on par with the U.S. greenback? :(

Red Ant normally I think picks up the licensing of older titles and sells them for $9.95 down here.

So no, it's not related to value of the greenback.

Miranda? 10 bucks!!?? I'm there, since I'm only a 10 minute drive away from there, not that I don't have my own copy of course. I think I'll buy it for a friend for christmas too.

Hmmm Markl, does that hot mixed caucasian/asian chick still work there? I remember half the guys in that store who were 'inspecting' the new releases were in fact just oogling her...

To John Kettler:

I do not know which verion they have. I saw a few brands on the case but did not check to see if CDV was on the list. (should have I suppose) There was no manual inside the box either. But considering the manual that shipped with the original game, that is no loss. And you are right why would you buy the Battle Front version. For $10.00 even I would buy a CDV version. (well I am not sure there, depending on the copy protection used by CDV that can be very bad)

But generally once it gets to "Red Ant: status the copy protect is no longer on the disk. I guess it adds to the cost.

I have not seen CMBO or CMBB in the value range yet. Another local store still had the boxed verions of those about two months back.

Considering the crowds there at the moment I hope not to go back before Christmas. You just about have to camp out to get a car park at the complex.

And to MAsta_KFc,

That lovely little lass was not there last time I was there. They probably rotator around the stores to keep the customers intersted. As I remember she was he only one who knew anything about the games they sold or were coming up.

I think some of the other sales staff have never seen the inside of a game box. You mention MS Flight Simulator and you just get a blank look sometimes.

Anyway in end of January and early Febuary the specials will be even better, and I will be there with my cash. They may even have the buy two get one free like last year for the value range.

If the others are there as per the link from Mace I may be able to get all 3 for $20.00. But I have asked them to get some of the Red Ant titles in for me and they were not interested. They said they just sell they as they get them ad hok.

I can only hope.

Cheers MarkL

[ December 05, 2005, 03:32 AM: Message edited by: markl ]

easy-v,

CDV is a German company, and German law prohibits the use of the swastika and the term SS for entertainment purposes. Thus, the Nazi flag is replaced by a generic flag, and SS are called WaffenGrenadiere. These are patchable, and I think

BFC has a download to take care of the problem. For sure, one exists.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by John Kettler:

easy-v,

CDV is a German company, and German law prohibits the use of the swastika and the term SS for entertainment purposes. Thus, the Nazi flag is replaced by a generic flag, and SS are called WaffenGrenadiere. These are patchable, and I think

BFC has a download to take care of the problem. For sure, one exists.

Regards,

John Kettler

When I read the term "Waffengrenadier" in the manual, it jarred loose the memory of that. However, upon starting the patched to v1.03 game, the SS runes were in place.

The only thing I did was apply the 1.03 patch. (anybody recommend some good mods?)

So maybe the CDV version isnt as bad as it was made out to be?

• 2 weeks later...