**** ROW IV (part 4) ****

Originally posted by Kingfish:

Secondly, please do not post corrections here. E-mail them to me, and CC your opponent.

--

Kingfish, thanks for promptly fixing the mistakenly reversed scores in my South of Vevi game. All the others are ok.

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Kingfish:

Secondly, please do not post corrections here. E-mail them to me, and CC your opponent.

--

Kingfish, thanks for promptly fixing the mistakenly reversed scores in my South of Vevi game. All the others are ok.

It appears I've made substantial progress since ROW II, in that I have the top score (never had one before) in my Section for two scenarios playing my side: South of Vevi (edged Ace Pilot by 2 pts.) and Frontier Firefight '40 (5 pts. more than Londoner). Offsetting this are Things Go Bump (Londoner by 30 pts, and only 2 games completed) and the epically disastrous Retreat from Metemma, in which I not only plumbed the depths of nonperformance in my Section but also for the tournament(10 pts. below Lindan in Section and 8 pts. below EMIG in the overall rankings).

I am grateful to my opponents, the scenario designers, Kingfish, WineCape et al. for the opportunity to fight some truly harrowing battles (had to drop out of ROW III) and for the still developing chance to share what I've learned in the AARs. Much work remains on that score.

Regards,

John Kettler

[ June 17, 2004, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

It appears I've made substantial progress since ROW II, in that I have the top score (never had one before) in my Section for two scenarios playing my side: South of Vevi (edged Ace Pilot by 2 pts.) and Frontier Firefight '40 (5 pts. more than Londoner). Offsetting this are Things Go Bump (Londoner by 30 pts, and only 2 games completed) and the epically disastrous Retreat from Metemma, in which I not only plumbed the depths of nonperformance in my Section but also for the tournament(10 pts. below Lindan in Section and 8 pts. below EMIG in the overall rankings).

I am grateful to my opponents, the scenario designers, Kingfish, WineCape et al. for the opportunity to fight some truly harrowing battles (had to drop out of ROW III) and for the still developing chance to share what I've learned in the AARs. Much work remains on that score.

Regards,

John Kettler

Regards,

John Kettler

GreenAsJade,

Cheer up! Compared to what I got playing my position, you look like a veritable military genius. Yours was the worst score in that slot for your Section, whereas mine was the worst in my Section and the tournament overall. See how lucky you really are?

Regards,

John Kettler

[ June 18, 2004, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

GreenAsJade,

Cheer up! Compared to what I got playing my position, you look like a veritable military genius. Yours was the worst score in that slot for your Section, whereas mine was the worst in my Section and the tournament overall. See how lucky you really are?

Regards,

John Kettler

GreenAsJade,

Regards,

John Kettler

You're a true gentleman, John. Unfortunately, the Axis are _supposed_ to do poorly in Retreat (in the sense that most of them did), wheras the Allies in general seem to have done well: the notable exceptions being me and jjelink (who I only just noticed, much to my joy :D )

You're a true gentleman, John. Unfortunately, the Axis are _supposed_ to do poorly in Retreat (in the sense that most of them did), wheras the Allies in general seem to have done well: the notable exceptions being me and jjelink (who I only just noticed, much to my joy :D )

Given the amount of work I have waiting for me at the office I will extend the score verification / correction phase a couple of more hours, to sometime later on this afternoon. I may sneak in some calculations during lunch, but the official pre-Nabla results won't go up until later on this evening.

Given the amount of work I have waiting for me at the office I will extend the score verification / correction phase a couple of more hours, to sometime later on this afternoon. I may sneak in some calculations during lunch, but the official pre-Nabla results won't go up until later on this evening.

Can you clarify what you mean by "did not submit a score"?

Are these games that didn't finish in time, and you're telling us the result of using their non-finished score, or are these games where litterally no score was told to you (in which case how are they included in the calculation?)?

Ta,

GaJ

Can you clarify what you mean by "did not submit a score"?

Are these games that didn't finish in time, and you're telling us the result of using their non-finished score, or are these games where litterally no score was told to you (in which case how are they included in the calculation?)?

Ta,

GaJ