**** ROW IV (part 4) ****

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

Distinguishinig stats...

I note with some awe that Walpurgis, Heavy, Enoch and Deadly are the only players with 5/5 "higher than average" scores for their games

GaJ.

And there in lies some of the luck of the draw in the tournament. All four of the ones that managed better than average scores were Italian defenders in Frontier Firefight. While I was not!!! :mad: While I watched my well trained and loved soldiers shot to pieces by those wine besopped Italians!!!! :mad: :mad:

Stupid Eyeties normally can't hit the broad side of a barn...but not this time. No, this time they kill the best the United Kingdom has to offer... :mad: :mad:

Good gaming guys. I may need some of those very same lessons that GaJ was talking about. :D

Panther Commander

Distinguishinig stats...

I note with some awe that Walpurgis, Heavy, Enoch and Deadly are the only players with 5/5 "higher than average" scores for their games

GaJ.

And there in lies some of the luck of the draw in the tournament. All four of the ones that managed better than average scores were Italian defenders in Frontier Firefight. While I was not!!! :mad: While I watched my well trained and loved soldiers shot to pieces by those wine besopped Italians!!!! :mad: :mad:

Stupid Eyeties normally can't hit the broad side of a barn...but not this time. No, this time they kill the best the United Kingdom has to offer... :mad: :mad:

Good gaming guys. I may need some of those very same lessons that GaJ was talking about. :D

Panther Commander

Distinguishinig stats...

GaJ.

Panther Commander

Morning Gents,

Luck always plays a part in these things and while the Nabala system helps iron that out it can never steam all the creases out.

I hope that by reading their AAR's you will be able to see why they did so well.

Did the defender read the situation well?

Did the attacker fluff it?

Did they see something you missed?

I am in the process of picking up some more big e-mails and will post an update here as soon as I can.

I have been bundling the AAR's for review purposes in zip files and storing them on my web site for private download.

A question to players is how would you want them stored when they are released?

I.e.

1. Is there a maximum file size that people are comfortable with?

2. I presume storing them by scenario by group is the optimal solution so you can download the ones you want to see?

Once I have them all in and sent out for judging I will then create the appropriate zip files so you can have access to them within the next couple of weeks.

Cheers

H

Morning Gents,

Luck always plays a part in these things and while the Nabala system helps iron that out it can never steam all the creases out.

I hope that by reading their AAR's you will be able to see why they did so well.

I am in the process of picking up some more big e-mails and will post an update here as soon as I can.

I have been bundling the AAR's for review purposes in zip files and storing them on my web site for private download.

I.e.

2. I presume storing them by scenario by group is the optimal solution so you can download the ones you want to see?

Once I have them all in and sent out for judging I will then create the appropriate zip files so you can have access to them within the next couple of weeks.

Cheers

H

Morning Gents,

I.e.

Cheers

H

Right Ho!

This is the list after more AAR's filed. I must say this is going to be a hard job choosing a winner as there are too many excellent AAR's. It will come down to personal preference and even then it will involve nitpicking...

:(

Or should that be a

:D

Because you lot have done an outstanding job.

Anyway here are those who have a full house on my books: -

VADR

Mick Oz

J Bertles

Dangerous Dave

Owl

Strider

Slawreg

Jaws

Sgt Kelly

Steve McClaire

Panther Commander

RedWolf

DeathDealer

Melnibone

Pace Stick

JPS

Brent Pollack

Larsen

Enoch

Cpt T

Malakovski

Heavy Drop

GreenasJade

Nidan

The_Capt

CombinedArms

Bryce Baker

This group just need to drop one more through the letter box: -

CunzNG14

SlicerW

Victor Charlie

Ted

These have handed in two and we await three more: -

Walpurgis Night

Von Lucke

Koshkin

Overkill

John Kettler

Ace Pilot

Ankulin

Levitacus

Mpisi

While Nolloff & Londoner had better get cracking with four more to do.

Still plenty of players who have not said if they are doing them and I can understand totally if you choose not to do any, please just drop me a line and I can put you on the list so I know what I might be expecting.

Finally the Deadline has been mentioned a few times and this deadline is for getting points to move into the the Finals. If you are not bothered about these points but you still want to have the AAR eligable for the AAR Prize please let me know and you can submit it after the deadline as that is an option.

I have not mentioned it much but the Prize is provided by the Editor-in-Chief, Winston Ramsey of "AFTER THE BATTLE".

A great Magazine and he is providing a years free subscription with postage. Check out their web site to see what the magazine is all about.

http://www.afterthebattle.com/home.htm

Cheers

smile.gif

H

[ June 20, 2004, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: Holien ]

Right Ho!

This is the list after more AAR's filed. I must say this is going to be a hard job choosing a winner as there are too many excellent AAR's. It will come down to personal preference and even then it will involve nitpicking...

Or should that be a

VADR

Mick Oz

J Bertles

Dangerous Dave

Owl

Strider

Slawreg

Jaws

Sgt Kelly

Steve McClaire

Panther Commander

RedWolf

DeathDealer

Melnibone

Pace Stick

JPS

Brent Pollack

Larsen

Enoch

Cpt T

Malakovski

Heavy Drop

GreenasJade

Nidan

The_Capt

CombinedArms

Bryce Baker

CunzNG14

SlicerW

Victor Charlie

Ted

Walpurgis Night

Von Lucke

Koshkin

Overkill

John Kettler

Ace Pilot

Ankulin

Levitacus

Mpisi

Still plenty of players who have not said if they are doing them and I can understand totally if you choose not to do any, please just drop me a line and I can put you on the list so I know what I might be expecting.

Finally the Deadline has been mentioned a few times and this deadline is for getting points to move into the the Finals. If you are not bothered about these points but you still want to have the AAR eligable for the AAR Prize please let me know and you can submit it after the deadline as that is an option.

I have not mentioned it much but the Prize is provided by the Editor-in-Chief, Winston Ramsey of "AFTER THE BATTLE".

A great Magazine and he is providing a years free subscription with postage. Check out their web site to see what the magazine is all about.

Cheers

smile.gif

H

Right Ho!

Or should that be a

VADR

Mick Oz

J Bertles

Dangerous Dave

Owl

Strider

Slawreg

Jaws

Sgt Kelly

Steve McClaire

Panther Commander

RedWolf

DeathDealer

Melnibone

Pace Stick

JPS

Brent Pollack

Larsen

Enoch

Cpt T

Malakovski

Heavy Drop

GreenasJade

Nidan

The_Capt

CombinedArms

Bryce Baker

CunzNG14

SlicerW

Victor Charlie

Ted

Walpurgis Night

Von Lucke

Koshkin

Overkill

John Kettler

Ace Pilot

Ankulin

Levitacus

Mpisi

Cheers

smile.gif

H

Holien,

Please be advised that I replied to your earlier E-mail with a note and a revised update of my Retreat from Metemma AAR (had left out an important word from a descriptive phrase). I did this before I checked my In Box and read your newest missive. Hope this doesn't screw up your tracking system.

Regards,

John Kettler

P.S.

You might want to update your description of the prize for the best AARs. As written, it grossly understates its true nature.

[ June 20, 2004, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

Holien,

Please be advised that I replied to your earlier E-mail with a note and a revised update of my Retreat from Metemma AAR (had left out an important word from a descriptive phrase). I did this before I checked my In Box and read your newest missive. Hope this doesn't screw up your tracking system.

Regards,

John Kettler

P.S.

You might want to update your description of the prize for the best AARs. As written, it grossly understates its true nature.

Holien,

Regards,

John Kettler

P.S.

Distinguishinig stats...

Awesome effort! Any of you guys give lessons?

(As before, this is all totally unofficial, and could be a complete misinterpretation of numbers by me).

GaJ.

OK here's the first lesson. Replay "Things that go Bump . . ." as Axis and use the 105mm howitzers to blow a crater line path through the "rough" terrain border. This way you can exit all your units through the "forbidden" zone. Never mind that it would make you the gamiest bastage in all the land :D

Distinguishinig stats...

(As before, this is all totally unofficial, and could be a complete misinterpretation of numbers by me).

GaJ.

OK here's the first lesson. Replay "Things that go Bump . . ." as Axis and use the 105mm howitzers to blow a crater line path through the "rough" terrain border. This way you can exit all your units through the "forbidden" zone. Never mind that it would make you the gamiest bastage in all the land :D

Distinguishinig stats...

GaJ.

Hi JK I am just heading off to bed and will check my mail in a minute.

Could you take some time and spread the good word about the prize as I am not too good at that sort of thing. (I.E. Type it up here or send me what you think I should say....)

smile.gif

Cheers

H

Could you take some time and spread the good word about the prize as I am not too good at that sort of thing. (I.E. Type it up here or send me what you think I should say....)

smile.gif

Cheers

H

smile.gif

Cheers

H