**** ROW IV (part 4) ****

Can you clarify what you mean by "did not submit a score"?

Are these games that didn't finish in time, and you're telling us the result of using their non-finished score, or are these games where litterally no score was told to you (in which case how are they included in the calculation?)?

Ta,

GaJ

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Kingfish:

So, I now turn to all of you and ask for input. Include the players, or omit? Just to give you an example of how the average is affected, in Frontier Firefight '40 the average axis score is 75.35 with everyone included, 69.70 if only those who submitted a score are counted. [/QB]

I'd suggest leaving any player who did not finish completely out of the calculations, as if they weren't even in the tournament for that battle.

Since we can't know for certain exactly how the battle would have come out had they finished, any system that leaves the DNF players in is basically a guess and is going to be unfair to some of the players who did finish, depending on which way it skews the average score.

On a side note, how could the inclusion of more players skew the average score higher? Your example for Firefight '40 doesn't make sense to me. Were players who did not finished given a score of 100%?

So, I now turn to all of you and ask for input. Include the players, or omit? Just to give you an example of how the average is affected, in Frontier Firefight '40 the average axis score is 75.35 with everyone included, 69.70 if only those who submitted a score are counted. [/QB]

I'd suggest leaving any player who did not finish completely out of the calculations, as if they weren't even in the tournament for that battle.

Since we can't know for certain exactly how the battle would have come out had they finished, any system that leaves the DNF players in is basically a guess and is going to be unfair to some of the players who did finish, depending on which way it skews the average score.

On a side note, how could the inclusion of more players skew the average score higher? Your example for Firefight '40 doesn't make sense to me. Were players who did not finished given a score of 100%?

If there's no score in the slot, then you certainly should not include that non-game in the average.

IE if you have 31 scores (not 32) then you should divide the sum of the score that you have by 31 (not 32).

No doubt about that in my mind.

The more perplexing thing was "what about people who's opponent was too slow for them to finish?"

If we found a way to get a score for them, then it would be included in the calculation normally. If we didn't, then it seems hard luck for them.

GaJ.

Originally posted by Steve McClaire:

My boneheaded goof. I thought I picked the entire column when averaging it out, but turns out I missed a section. Disregard everything I said earlier. I'll omit the DNF players and go from there.

If there's no score in the slot, then you certainly should not include that non-game in the average.

IE if you have 31 scores (not 32) then you should divide the sum of the score that you have by 31 (not 32).

The more perplexing thing was "what about people who's opponent was too slow for them to finish?"

If we found a way to get a score for them, then it would be included in the calculation normally. If we didn't, then it seems hard luck for them.

GaJ.

My boneheaded goof. I thought I picked the entire column when averaging it out, but turns out I missed a section. Disregard everything I said earlier. I'll omit the DNF players and go from there.

GaJ.

Good morning chaps...

Just got back and my machine is slowly eating 37 e-mails of AAR's.

Once downloaded I shall start processing them and sending out confirmations.

JK I will look out for your files and confirm they include JPEGS if they have them.

Londoner Yes the Deadline is Monday 21st but if you and any other player can send them to me by the end of today that would be better so we can get the final scores sorted ASAP and the finals underway.

More when I have gone through these e-mails and updated the files.

It looks like a pretty good completion rate in the games and I shall now slink over to the scenario link to see how people liked the scenarios.

;)

H

Good morning chaps...

JK I will look out for your files and confirm they include JPEGS if they have them.

Londoner Yes the Deadline is Monday 21st but if you and any other player can send them to me by the end of today that would be better so we can get the final scores sorted ASAP and the finals underway.

It looks like a pretty good completion rate in the games and I shall now slink over to the scenario link to see how people liked the scenarios.

;)

H

Good morning chaps...

;)

H

Hi,

Just finished sorting out all the e-mails that were stacked waiting for me.

So here are the updated lists of what I have had in so far.

The following players have completed all their AAR's: -

VADR

Mick Oz

J Bertles

Dangerous Dave

Owl

Strider

Slawreg

Jaws

Sgt Kelly

Steve McClaire

Panther Commander

RedWolf

DeathDealer

Melnibone

Pace Stick

JPS

Brent Pollack

Larsen

Enoch

Cpt T

Malakovski

Heavy Drop

GreenasJade

The following have one left to do: -

SlicerW

CunzNG14

Victor Charlie

Nidan

Ted

The_Capt

CombinedArms

The following have three left to do: -

Koshkin

Overkill

Walpurgis Night

Von Lucke

Levitacus

The following have four left to do: -

Nolloff

Ankulin

John Kettler

So by my reckoning I have 156 AAR's from 38 players.

PLEASE PLEASE try and get the AAR's to me today or 1st thing on Sunday 20th.

Cheers

H

P.s. If you do not intend to write any AAR's or specific AAR's just drop me a line so I can make a note. There is no problem in not typing up an AAR and I would rather know you are not going to do one as I can see what stragglers their are out there.

Hi,

VADR

Mick Oz

J Bertles

Dangerous Dave

Owl

Strider

Slawreg

Jaws

Sgt Kelly

Steve McClaire

Panther Commander

RedWolf

DeathDealer

Melnibone

Pace Stick

JPS

Brent Pollack

Larsen

Enoch

Cpt T

Malakovski

Heavy Drop

GreenasJade

SlicerW

CunzNG14

Victor Charlie

Nidan

Ted

The_Capt

CombinedArms

Koshkin

Overkill

Walpurgis Night

Von Lucke

Levitacus

Nolloff

Ankulin

John Kettler

Cheers

H

P.s. If you do not intend to write any AAR's or specific AAR's just drop me a line so I can make a note. There is no problem in not typing up an AAR and I would rather know you are not going to do one as I can see what stragglers their are out there.

Hi,

VADR

Mick Oz

J Bertles

Dangerous Dave

Owl

Strider

Slawreg

Jaws

Sgt Kelly

Steve McClaire

Panther Commander

RedWolf

DeathDealer

Melnibone

Pace Stick

JPS

Brent Pollack

Larsen

Enoch

Cpt T

Malakovski

Heavy Drop

GreenasJade

SlicerW

CunzNG14

Victor Charlie

Nidan

Ted

The_Capt

CombinedArms

Koshkin

Overkill

Walpurgis Night

Von Lucke

Levitacus

Nolloff

Ankulin

John Kettler

Cheers

H

hmmm...I'm getting the sense from some of the recent comments that the official, pre-NABLA scores are posted somewhere...but I can't seem to find them on any CM forum, nor at the B & T site...or are the lists starting on page 1 of this thread the only thing we have thus far?

Just wonderin'...I'm in no particular rush to scan the official stuff.

hmmm...I'm getting the sense from some of the recent comments that the official, pre-NABLA scores are posted somewhere...but I can't seem to find them on any CM forum, nor at the B & T site...or are the lists starting on page 1 of this thread the only thing we have thus far?