• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

National Sports of Canada Act

1994, c. 16

An Act to recognize hockey and lacrosse as the national sports of Canada

[Assented to 12th May, 1994]

Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate and House of Commons of Canada, enacts as follows:

SHORT TITLE

1. This Act may be cited as the National Sports of Canada Act.

NATIONAL SPORTS OF CANADA

2. The game commonly known as ice hockey is hereby recognized and declared to be the national winter sport of Canada and the game commonly known as lacrosse is hereby recognized and declared to be the national summer sport of Canada.

Now you know. Unlike the Axebomination, I did play hockey as a kid (on a natural frozen pond) and will miss my Hockey Night in Canada. Whenever the idiot owners and the cry-baby players figure it out I can go back to watching my beloved Maple Leafs. :mad: :mad:

National Sports of Canada Act

1994, c. 16

An Act to recognize hockey and lacrosse as the national sports of Canada

[Assented to 12th May, 1994]

Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate and House of Commons of Canada, enacts as follows:

SHORT TITLE

1. This Act may be cited as the National Sports of Canada Act.

NATIONAL SPORTS OF CANADA

2. The game commonly known as ice hockey is hereby recognized and declared to be the national winter sport of Canada and the game commonly known as lacrosse is hereby recognized and declared to be the national summer sport of Canada.

Now you know. Unlike the Axebomination, I did play hockey as a kid (on a natural frozen pond) and will miss my Hockey Night in Canada. Whenever the idiot owners and the cry-baby players figure it out I can go back to watching my beloved Maple Leafs. :mad: :mad:

"Her Majesty"????? What??? You lot had to petition another country's Queen to approve your countries national sports???? Do you ask her permission to go to the loo? Non TNT chuckin' CANA-I-PLEEZ-HAVA-NATIONAL-SPORT-YER-MAJESTICISITY-DIAN MAAAAAGGOOOOTS!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

"Her Majesty"????? What??? You lot had to petition another country's Queen to approve your countries national sports???? Do you ask her permission to go to the loo? Non TNT chuckin' CANA-I-PLEEZ-HAVA-NATIONAL-SPORT-YER-MAJESTICISITY-DIAN MAAAAAGGOOOOTS!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Snarker:

It's kinda like when your neighbours "petition" you to let their dogs crap on your lawn.

It's kinda like when your neighbours "petition" you to let their dogs crap on your lawn.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wubbits:

If I had to guess I'd say he was the Scots Greys charging to glory on the fields of Waterloo.

Wubs.

:cool: </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wubbits:

If I had to guess I'd say he was the Scots Greys charging to glory on the fields of Waterloo.

Wubs.

:cool: </font>