CMX1 and Microsoft Vista

I brought up the topic of Vista on the CMSF forum last week. Word on the street is that pretty much eveythhing that runs on current windows should run on Vista as well. I I think they said BFC's test-running the CMSF Alpha on the Vista Beta!

So, do you trust word on the street?

I brought up the topic of Vista on the CMSF forum last week. Word on the street is that pretty much eveythhing that runs on current windows should run on Vista as well. I I think they said BFC's test-running the CMSF Alpha on the Vista Beta!

So, do you trust word on the street?

I have indeed ran CMAK on an early version of Vista, and did not have a problem. I will continue to work on it as newer versions of Vista come out. Remember, however, there will be 6 versions of Vista, and I cannot test them all.

Rune

I have indeed ran CMAK on an early version of Vista, and did not have a problem. I will continue to work on it as newer versions of Vista come out. Remember, however, there will be 6 versions of Vista, and I cannot test them all.

Rune

Originally posted by Vergeltungswaffe:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rune:

Remember, however, there will be 6 versions of Vista, and I cannot test them all.

Rune

Sure you can. You're rune! </font>

Originally posted by Vergeltungswaffe:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rune:

Remember, however, there will be 6 versions of Vista, and I cannot test them all.

Rune

Sure you can. You're rune! </font>

Originally posted by rune:

It's me, and I didn't give away anything under NDA. The amount of Vista versions has already been announced. Also Vista won't be until Jan 2007.

Rune

The REAL Rune would've already had betas of all the Vista versions and verified compatiblity. That's why the REAL Rune never would've said that. *grin*

Originally posted by rune:

It's me, and I didn't give away anything under NDA. The amount of Vista versions has already been announced. Also Vista won't be until Jan 2007.

Rune

The REAL Rune would've already had betas of all the Vista versions and verified compatiblity. That's why the REAL Rune never would've said that. *grin*

Well, I just played A Series of Misfortunes in CMAK in the latest "greatest" version of Vista, and the game played. I do NOT have sound, but that is a Vista Build problem as well as not having a printer. No problems playing. Going to setup Drop Team next and see what is happening with it.

Rune

Well, I just played A Series of Misfortunes in CMAK in the latest "greatest" version of Vista, and the game played. I do NOT have sound, but that is a Vista Build problem as well as not having a printer. No problems playing. Going to setup Drop Team next and see what is happening with it.

Rune

• 2 weeks later...

New Build of Vista, and something broke. Playing CMAK I get unhandled exception errors at random times. I think it has to do with the overlays and the Nvidia drivers, but I do not know for sure. Will wait for next version and try again.

Rune

New Build of Vista, and something broke. Playing CMAK I get unhandled exception errors at random times. I think it has to do with the overlays and the Nvidia drivers, but I do not know for sure. Will wait for next version and try again.

Rune