Tis the season to Peng Challenge

Mace

Originally posted by YK2:

And I am drinking for Scotland!!!

Anyone for a quick drive around the block??

<big>Dram #2</big>

Emma, Lady and Queen! I did not realize that you had entered the rarified heights that I, myself occupy, and were in a position to drink for your country!

Fear not, however, for I am the best driver in all of North America under such circumstances!

[ December 26, 2003, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Fear not, however, for I am the best driver in all of North America under such circumstances!

In other words, EVERYBODY GET OFF THE STREETS! RUN, RUN FOR YOUR HOMES! SAVE THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN! RUN, RUN YOU SODDING FOOLS!

The preceeding was a Public Service Announcement concerning a daft, drunken bugger who can't see over the dashboard.

Thank you.

You may have been at one time...

Have you checked your mantle today?

Is something missing?

You know... Like your "Best Driver" trophy!!!

Just finished watching The Princess Bride, received as a gift on DVD this lovely holiday season. While a few (dozen) slightly chilled Guinness draughts make for a fine viewing experience, it makes for a hell of a long time typing. To paraphrase the gov of Californicate, "You should not drink and post".

Originally posted by R Leete:

Just finished watching The Princess Bride, received as a gift on DVD this lovely holiday season. While a few (dozen) slightly chilled Guinness draughts make for a fine viewing experience, it makes for a hell of a long time typing. To paraphrase the gov of Californicate, "You should not drink and post".

9 PM and RLeete is hammered again.

All those surprised, stand on your heads.

p.s. Hey Stevie, don't you owe me a turn?

Originally posted by YK2:

You may have been at one time...

Have you checked your mantle today?

Is something missing?

You know... Like your "Best Driver" trophy!!!

Milady and Queen, I am the Best. I will share with all of you, feeling a bit expansive after my second dram, my secret driving technique while inebriated:

Always drive in the ditch.

There is far less traffic there, for one thing. And, should by some strange chance you encounter a pedestrian, they don't make the mistake of thinking that you're likely to do the right thing or give them the right of way. When they encounter a car barreling down the ditch at 55 mph with it's lights off, you can bet the buggers scramble to get out of the way.

Driving in the ditch takes you off the International Police Radar. They are busy looking for drunken lunatics on the roadways, not gliding like a maddened water buffalo down the roadside ditch.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Always drive in the ditch.

Very clever, but not all of us live near Walton's Mountain.

Good grief. Compared to you the Children of the Corn were positively urbane. </font>

Maybe I should call you Bobbie?

When I was but a little shaver, my relatives called me "That Robbie" behind my parents backs.

Why, you ask?

Because they were right fed up with hearing my grandmother constantly extolling my accomplishments by starting every conversation with, "Do you know what that Robbie did this time...?"

So, did everybody down at the county lock up call you Stevie?

Don't give me that, you Ohio lumpen proletariat. I've driven more ditches in Ohio than you have hairs on your head!

A dubious honor at best.

Walton's Mountain indeed! I live in an 'urbane' area that makes Akron look like the glorified West Virginia trailer park it is!

Driving in ditches, familiarity with trailer parks...your corn fed roots are quite near the surface aren't they?

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Driving in ditches, familiarity with trailer parks...your corn fed roots are quite near the surface aren't they?

<big>Dram #4</big>

Corn fed roots?! You bugger! Familiarity with 'trailer parks', eh? Take any Minnesota lake covered with ice fishing houses filled with drunken bubbas, and you essentially have any city in Northern Ohio writ small.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

But then, I've always had a high regard for the Scots...best of a bad lot and all.

Michael

There's our Michael fella! How you doin', Michael?

How 'bout a game, eh, Emrys? One little PBEM, eh? What's the harm, eh? </font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

But then, I've always had a high regard for the Scots...best of a bad lot and all.

Michael

There's our Michael fella! How you doin', Michael?

How 'bout a game, eh, Emrys? One little PBEM, eh? What's the harm, eh? </font>