ROW IV AAR PRIZE / DESIGNER PRIZE VOTE NOW!!! (ANYONE INVOLVED IN THE TOURNEY)

Holien

AAR Prize Update

WARNING THIS THREAD IS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN INVOLVED WITH THE ROW TOURNEY AND WANT TO VOTE. IT IS NOT OPEN TO NON ROW INVOLVED PEOPLE. I DON'T WANT TO WASTE YOUR TIME AS YOU CAN NOT VOTE UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN SOME WAY WITH THE TOURNEY.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN INVOLVED AND WANT TO VOTE PLEASE READ ON!!

smile.gif

After much deliberation and soul searching we have duly arrived at the following list of AAR's to be eligable for the final vote.

They can be found at the following web site : -

http://www.9woodford.clara.net/

The finalists are (In No Order) :

ankulin "Methode Champenois"

Steve McClaire "Squeezing The Melon"

Tabpub "South of Vevi"

Londoner "South of Vevi"

John Kettler "Retreat from Metemma"

Please Send Votes to my e-mail address:-

Holien AT 9Woodford DOT Clara DOT co DOT uk

Remember to Say Who You Are, What link you have with the tourney and list the authors from 1 to 5 with 1 being the one you want to have the Prize.

Voting Finishes when I wake up on Sunday 31st and collect my mails in the morning. I will then post the result as soon as possible after then.

How you choose is beyond me as it has been a bugger to get it down to five.

Good Reading and send me your vote as soon as you can. The prize for these guys is a years subscription to After The Battle, donated by the editor of the magazine. Well worth having and worth voting for.

Last Bunch Of AAR's

The Finalist AAR's are also posted at the same web site so read how Mick Oz was pipped at the post by Capt T. Or how Heavy Drop and Walpugris Night managed to wipe out their opponents.

Sorry I have limited Web space and the 1st round AAR's will have to be done by WWB.

I have been asked what the AAR prize is and for those who don't know it is a Years Subscription to After The Battle Magazine. See the web site below: -

http://www.afterthebattle.com/ab-con1.html

This page lists all the previous editions and the material they have covered. If you have never seen a copy and want to get a feel for how a battle looked then and now it is a great publication.

As for the votes I will be using PR (Proportional Representation) to count them. Do a google search if you don't know what that is.

To vote you must meet the following criteria: -

1. Have been involved in some way with the Tourney.

2. List in order of preference the AAR's. I.e. 1 being best to 5 not quite as good.

3. You send me an E-mail stating your involvement and clearly listing from 1 to 5 the scenarios.

4. This to be done by a set date yet to be decided, most probably one week after I post the files.

All votes are strictly secret and will not be disclosed by me or the assesor (KF) to anyone else. I.e. I will tally the votes and get KF to check my logic and it will be only me and him that know how you voted.

Vote For Your Favourite Scenario

Yes that is right not only do the AAR get a prize but now the Scenario designers get a reward.

As per the AAR prize vote for all the scenarios from 1 to 8. I.e. 1 = the one you want to win the prize 1st and 8th = last in the line.

You need to have played in the tourney.

Voting ends when I pick up the e-mails on Sunday morning.

The Designer will either get an extra ration of wine or if they can not get the wine they will get a Years subscription to After the Battle.

Wyatt Barnett = Things go Bump

Jeff Weatherspoon = Melon and Honor

Kevin Kincherf = FF'40

Marc Sullivan = Metemma

Richard Rogers = Methode

Kingfish = Vevi and Wolf

So lets get those votes in...

H

I have some intial exit polls and the following can be said.

For the AAR's the authors in close contention for the prize are: -

Steve, Londoner and Ankulin with John and Tabpub not far behind.

For the designers it looks so far to be a three horse race: -

Richard Rogers, Kingfish and Jeff are the names in the lead so far.

If you want to vote and need more time please let me know!

Otherwise this will be concluded on Monday night UK time.

H

Both :-

Vote For Your Favourite Scenario

Yes that is right not only do the AAR get a prize but now the Scenario designers get a reward.

As per the AAR prize vote for all the scenarios from 1 to 8. I.e. 1 = the one you want to win the prize 1st and 8th = last in the line.

You need to have played in the tourney.

Voting ends when I pick up the e-mails on Sunday morning.

The Designer will either get an extra ration of wine or if they can not get the wine they will get a Years subscription to After the Battle.

Wyatt Barnett = Things go Bump

Jeff Weatherspoon = Melon and Honor

Kevin Kincherf = FF'40

Marc Sullivan = Metemma

Richard Rogers = Methode

Kingfish = Vevi and Wolf

H

The results for the Top AAR as voted for by the ROW IV community

The first round of counting saw John Kettler knocked out.

The second round saw Tabpub taken down.

This left Londoner a close third with Steve and Ankulin.

Londoner votes were then transfered to the voters next choice and that meant.....

Ankulin won with a clear majority.

So the full year subscription goes to Ankulin and I once again must congratulate you all on some well written AAR's that hit the spot!!

Scenario Winner is as follows: -

There were only three horses in this race and Methode came second,

ahead of Melon,

but behind Vevi.

:D

So congratulations to Kingfish who gets the prize for the best scenario design as voted by the ROWIV community.

If you want to see the spreadsheet explaining it then e-mail me.

H

Congratulations, Ankulin and Kingfish!

I regret to say I failed to vote for a designer, since all I knew about when I voted by proxy (no Internet for six days) was the AAR competition.

It would appear that voting favored the drier AARs,

since the two most colorful (IMO) went by the boards first, but there is absolutely no gainsaying Ankulin's AAR when one looks at it from the perspective of covering all the desired categories.

Thorough and made mine look terse (22 pages less screenshots)! My magazine articles aren't that long. His AAR must've been a labor of love. I rated his No. 1 despite enjoying my own more. There was simply no ignoring the size, richness, and depth of detail.

My thanks to all who made ROW IV possible!

Regards,

John Kettler

South of Vevi and Squeezing the Melon are some of the finest scenarios I've 'ever' played. I'd like to say it's an honour to be considered amongst them.

Thanks to all those who voted and well done Sergio!

A big well done to all you fellas who spent countless hours puting together your AAR's too. Having playtested most of the scenarios it was great to share your pain. I smiled lots!

And congratulations to Ankulin on his fantastic AAR.

I for one, really enjoyed it.

Richie

Originally posted by jwxspoon:

Melon and honor were the last 2 scenarios I will design for CM.

redface.gif Please explain?

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

Co-creator & Sponsor of the following Combat Mission tournaments:

</font>

Wine donations send to the following for contributions to Combat Mission:

</font>

Hey Charl - just moving on to some different games. God bless CM though, it has provided a creative outlet for me for severa years, and introduced me to some fantastic people.jw

Hey Jeff,

Can I - we - assume that you will be involved with the upcoming CMx2 incarnation of the Combat Mission series? We will be lost without your CM tutorial writing prowess and scenario creations ... ;)

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

---------------

"One must not judge everyone in the world by his qualities as a soldier, otherwise we should have no civilization."

- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Well, I can only hope they ask! :D

Trust me on this one ;)

--------------------------

“I am simultaneously embarrassed and proud to state for the record that only two bottles of your fine South African wines remain in my wine rack. The rest gave their lives honorably in the service of the construction of CMAK over the past several months.” -- Charles Moylan, 28 Nov. 2003

BURN THE HERETICS!!!!!!!!!!

;)

Originally posted by Holien:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jwxspoon:

Hey Charl - just moving on to some different games. God bless CM though, it has provided a creative outlet for me for severa years, and introduced me to some fantastic people.

jw

And What games would they be?

H </font>