Dusty US Sherman Mod

Not dusty enough. I have a big massive book on the Shermans and there is a chapter on the desert. At times the OD paint was nearly covered with dust. There is even a pic of a Sherman where the CO painted with a broom mud over OD.

I would love to see that one done.

MikeT

Modded primarily with Sicily and Italy in mind

Just checked in the editor and you're right it's the main US Sherm for NA, so think of it as a prototype for future dusty versions smile.gif

Also I just wanted to get the rounded cast hulls out the way first as they're a pain.

LOL junk2drive , It's tempting to blend the two like a baked Alaska meringue....

[ March 15, 2004, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Could be....

Just waiting for the postman to bring some more reference books to help me get an idea of what Italian CW Sherm IIIs with 'mud grey and disruptive blue/black camo' really look like. B&W photos only go so far :(

I've also been following on in my hometown (A UK garrison town) army vehicles returned from the Gulf, now with a fresh coat of green & black, and been making mental notes for the next series

Dust is pretty straight forward

Hey WICKY, if you'd like a full set of Sherman tools for upcoming projects feel free to lift them off my own from-scratch CMBB Lend-Lease M4A2 Sherman mod. That mod's totally outdated for CMAK polygons but its got lots of shovels, axes, crow bars, hatches, (AND headlights!) that would spruce-up any dusty Sherman just fine. :D;)

[ March 18, 2004, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]