Sie Kommen Release Date Set For 7th Nov

Well Six Months and hundreds and hundreds of hours later the release of the Sie Kommen Battle Pack for CMAK is scheduled for November 7th. I would like to thank the following designers/friends for their time and effort over the past few months: General Failure , Smashing , Larry Thorne, and Figo. Also to all the others who assisted in playtesting and development.

For an overview of the project, etc... see The Sie Kommen Website

That is all...

-FredRocker

Originally posted by Earl Grey:

I guess we´re all pretty eager to get our hands on this one - personally I can´t wait to try out the battlepak with a friend of mine...

Great to hear smile.gif

If you have any questions comments or just discussing about Sie Kommen after release etc. please join the forum, or just ask here.

Hopefully this will catch the interest of the community.

Welcome to join the fight for fortress Europe! Countdown has begun...but shhhh babbling cost lives, surprise is the greatest ally ;)

LT

[ October 24, 2005, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Larry Thorne ]

Originally posted by Doodlebug:

Mmmmmm. Navel ships.

Well if you like big arty there is one battle 'Hell at Waldam Beach' which gives you plenty of 203mm and 240mm to pound the shore with... :eek: ... but I can tell you in playtesting if you don't use smoke, you will die on da beach!!! :cool:

That is all...

-Fredrocker

Originally posted by Fredrock1957:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Doodlebug:

Mmmmmm. Navel ships.

Well if you like big arty there is one battle 'Hell at Waldam Beach' which gives you plenty of 203mm and 240mm to pound the shore with... :eek: ... but I can tell you in playtesting if you don't use smoke, you will die on da beach!!! :cool:

That is all...

-Fredrocker </font>

Originally posted by TC_Stele:

To the creators: Do you feel that its balanced enough for one person to play as Axis? Or is this mainly a singleplayer campaign?

Hi and thanks for your question smile.gif

It has been mostly tested and created for H2H play so yes most definetly play against your favourite opponent. Some battles might be less balanced but the scores book will give the battles an even feel. As the outcome of all battles will move you to different battles depending on the outcome. So even if you loose one badly might put you into tight position in the next fight but making out alive will buy your time to move into a battle where things might look different from your perspective. So giving up is never an option ;) the idea was to make a campaign that will have good replayability as playing ti second time through you might end up playing all different battles. Changing sides wil also change the feel to it. Against ai it is mostly balanced allied v ai if you give the ai some CEB. Same rules apply. The outcome of the whole campaign will vary depending on the outcome of single battles.

Thanks for your question. Looking forward to see more questions in here and the Sie Kommen Forum.

Cheers!

LT

Originally posted by TC_Stele:

To the creators: Do you feel that its balanced enough for one person to play as Axis? Or is this mainly a singleplayer campaign?

Thanks for you Question TC_Stele. The 18 scenarios have all been extensively playtested H2H and also Allies vs AI. In the rule book there is a table that will give you proposed AI 'experience bonus' rating if you want to play against the AI.

Also the overall 'points schedule' is based upon a matrix of all the battles. So if one beats ones competitor in say battle 2 (Hell at Waldam Beach) with an allied tactical victory, you can look at this table and determine the overall pts garnered for the allied side. Now remember there is instructions and tables to play 5, 12, and 18 battle game sets. Thus some battle are weighted pro allied, some pro axis, but a lot of time and effort went into the development, so in theory you could win the main battle (with a Total or Major Victory) of a 5 battle game and lose the other four and still gain a draw or some kind of minor victory.

A little more on the 18 battles. There is actually 8 Maps that these scenarios are designed on. And each scenarios occurs on 'cropped' out sections of these maps... So you could potentially play 2 scenarios in say 'the 12 game plan' on the same map (with overlap, etc).

All the scenarios are done, I still have some minor work on the Field Orders, Commander Maps, and a new idea that occured over the weekend 'Radio Transmissions'...

The Mod Packs are all put together except for the Vehicles (as all these great modders keep creating new ones each passing day... makes me a busy boy...) And all credits are posted at the Sie Kommen Website

We also have a forum for discussions on the Overall Game pack and the individual scenarios.

So next Monday we will toss it out there and let y'all get at it. :D

That is all...

-Fredrocker

Hey Gibsonm... your correct in nothing being 'platform specific' all that you would need is Acrobat Reader as the Rule Book, a Links Reference File, and the Field Orders and Commander Maps are in Portable Document Format.

The Terrain Mods and Uniform Mods are real close to the wonderful packages that David I put together, so if you have CMETO with the Normandy Terrain you could use that and you wouldnt see much difference. The Vehicle Mods are just all the ETO mods out there put into two overall zip files. There are some special mods for certain battles that cover beaches, large bunkers, command posts, fort walls, etc. that are really Sie Kommen specific and will be identified and available for download at the website, along with all the other mod packages. I have been using a clean install for testing and with McMMM it is a snap to go in and out of what needs to be done, I am even working up the 'Mod Sets' options that GreenAsJade had embedded in the latest release of McMMM, not sure if they will be done for monday's release but they should follow shortly.

That is all...

-Fredrocker