This Whole Peng Thread Is Wild At Heart And Challenged On Top

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Okay they CLAIM you need 3-4 years experience but ALL lawyers lie.

This is perfect for Steve! Read for yourself from the job description:

The associates who practice at this firm all seem to get along fairly well; however, there is no forced socializing. Wall flowers and social misfits seem equally at home in this firm with more outgoing sorts.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by CMplayer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Okay they CLAIM you need 3-4 years experience but ALL lawyers lie.

This is perfect for Steve! Read for yourself from the job description:

The associates who practice at this firm all seem to get along fairly well; however, there is no forced socializing. Wall flowers and social misfits seem equally at home in this firm with more outgoing sorts.
</font>

Originally posted by CMplayer:

He sneakily edited that in after I posted, the bastiche. One of his ways of making me look bad.

Yesssss ... that would be indicated by the notation "Edited" in the post ... how clever of you to have noticed that ... oh wait ... it wasn't edited ... hmmmm.

Furthermore I don't have to make you look bad ... you accomplish that superbly on your own.

Joe

Originally posted by dalem:

So I find that one of the DISadvantages of being very disconnected from one's family is standing around at your grandmother's funeral and thinking "Saaay, that's a hot little piece of --", and then being told that the young girl you are eying is your niece.

Ah well.

Like this has stopped you before...I have it on good authority you were the inspiration for that great Terrance and Phillip hit, "Uncle F*cker"...

I just wanted to let you all know that those gnome pictures had me dry heaving last night...show some responsibility when you post, people!

HAH! I just scored a first class ticket to Denver ... which gives you some idea of how exciting my life is lately.

What with visits to Lubbock, Texas (hometown of Buddy Holly) and Little Rock, Arkansas (hometown of the only President from Arkansas ... unlike Ohio which has several ... how wrong is THAT) it's just been a non-stop, fun filled laugh a minute travelogue for your old Justicar for Life ... yes I DID see that thank you very much.

More on that subject after I return from Denver on Friday.

Joe

HAH! I just scored a first class ticket to Denver ... which gives you some idea of how exciting my life is lately.

What with visits to Lubbock, Texas (hometown of Buddy Holly) and Little Rock, Arkansas (hometown of the only President from Arkansas ... unlike Ohio which has several ... how wrong is THAT) it's just been a non-stop, fun filled laugh a minute travelogue for your old Justicar for Life ... yes I DID see that thank you very much.

More on that subject after I return from Denver on Friday.

Joe

When are you coming to Minneapolis?

Originally posted by Lars:

So, for just how long did you suffer under the delusion that you were a Catholic schoolgirl?

And how did you manage to stay out of the hands of the surgeons? Or do they have to sew it back on now?

{It's always troubling when a Swede posts something like this...socialized medicine, feh...}

Hypothetical conversation:

07_pfj.jpg

Lars:

Why are you always on about Catholic schoolgirls, Hortlund?

Hortlund:

I want to be one.

Lars:

What?

Hortlund:

I want to be a catholic schoolgirl. From now on, I want you all to call me 'Hortensia'.

Lars:

What?!

Hortensia:

It's my right as a man.

Nidan1:

Well, why do you want to be Hortensia, Hortlund?

To be continued...

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

What with visits to Lubbock, Texas (hometown of Buddy Holly)...

And also the Lubbock Lights. No, not a bowling league, those were an early manifestation of the modern flying saucer phenomenon. I'm surprised you'd forget that, Joe.

Michael </font>

As to coming to ManyAppleLess, I believe I'm not scheduled to go there until ... let me check the calendar ... yes, the next time the temperature drops below freezing. I will be going to Houston this summer however, just in time for the Humidity Festival.

Wow... the folks y'all work for hate you worse'n we do. Sweeeet!

I love to hear of you folks in the frigid heartland suffering. It was a sunny, balmy 66° here yesterday. Almost the same the day before, except it only got up to 64°

Don't forget your snowshoes. I can't decide whether to have Mai Tais or Piña Colladas with lunch. Maybe both, eh?

:D:D:D

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kitty:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

When are you coming to Minneapolis?

When are we going shooting? </font>