**Total Redo 76mm gun SHERMAN M4A3 mod!!**

Here's something that's been crying out to be modded for awhile:

Sherman M4A3 (w) 76mm for CMAK

At our favorite site of course:

www.cmmods.com

Shermans in CMAK are like T34s in CMBB. They're everywhere, they all need a good reworking, but there are so MANY that it frightens off prospective modders. Well, here's my first CMAK Sherman mod in what could possibly be a long line - Early production Sherman M4A3 (w) 76mm with early turret roof and vertical volute suspension.

My old CMBB 76mm M4A2 Sherman served as an initial starting point. It was thoroughly reworked with full tool stowage, etc.. The base mod is plain but a 'DECALS' folder is included with alt. art to let you mix & match stars & stuff however you wish.

Here's the cmmods.com screenshot:

MikeyD's Sherman M4A3 (w) 76mm

MikeyD,

Beautifull. I was download #1, even though I just downloaded at work so that I could drool on the BMP's.

Are you going to tackle the other poor neglected Shermans?

David

PS. Junk, I was just about to email you to let you know Mikey had this at CMMODS without announcing it. He beat me by a couple of minutes.

75mm M4A3 (w) Sherman is almost done (still got those pesky lower rear engine grates to do).

A 105mm Sherman should soon follow.

I've already done turrets for the 76mm M4A1, 76mm M4A1 HVSS, and 76mm M4A3 HVSS. Of course between now and completion there's going to be the little thing of redoing the HVSS suspension to contend with!

I did all those PzIVs because it was too darned cold outside to go out. Now its too darned HOT outside, so I'm tackling the Shermans. If we ever hit a string of mild days around here you may never get a mod out of me! tongue.gif

A favor please:

I've got a new monitor at work and its showing my Sherman art considerably darker than expected. I'm not too sure if my home monitor or my work monitor is more accurate (though I suspect my home monitor's best).

Can someone with a reliable monitor take a quick peek at the Sherman BMPs and just post with an opinion whether they look a bit dark / a bit light / just right? I'd hate to be producing art that looks great on my machine but is crappy on everybody elses!

Originally posted by junk2drive:

On my home monitor, colour is fine.

I opened up the Chance Encounter remake and added one of these next to the 75s for comparison.

Fine detail, good colour, needs dust/mud/dirt version. Gautrek? are you looking in here?

Is that a small hint.

I may oblige as i am going round the bend with the bleeding tracks.

So leave it with me.