When does the error-strewn Strategy Guide written by an outsider come out? :-)

Just wondering? :D

But seriously - can we get a Strategy Guide by someone we at least know - and even better, love (to hate)?

Perhaps instead of tutorials, an in depth AAR with all the characters from the Cesspool contributing their wisdom; perhaps Berli playing Seanachai?

The last one read like a kindergarten primer (except kindergarten kids have better spelling and grammar).

Oh, and put it in a pdf file on a 3 1/2" floppy disc and charge us 3.99 or somefink.

Or have it for download only and let us pay by Paypal.

(you guys DID ship my pre-order already, right?)

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dave H:

That's okay, Seanachai can write enough about absolutely nothing for both of you. :D

You do realize that your name is not only on several lists now, but that it also has a number of symbols by it, the meaning of which involves a seperate table of explanation?

I could indeed write both Berli's and my own sides of the AAR. However, in our games we do not use tactics. I randomly hammer away at Berli until direct heavenly intervention occurs and I'm awarded the victory, or Berli uses weird, unexpected units of low quality that suddenly achieve otherworldly results.

In other words, there's a whole lot of metaphysical cheating going on. </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

You do realize that your name is not only on several lists now, but that it also has a number of symbols by it, the meaning of which involves a seperate table of explanation?

My name is on several lists now? Does that mean I'm eligible for fabulous prizes? Will Ed McMahon be knocking on my door, with a check in hand? tongue.gif;):D

Originally posted by Adam_L:

Offering Jason Cawley a chance to write an 'official strategy guide' for Battlefront.com is an excellent idea.

I don't know if he has time for it, but he does enjoy the topic obviously and if he could get a little compensation for his time I think he deserves it.

Is there really enough paper in the world for a Jason Cawley Strategy Guide?

I can see it:

"JasonC: A short strategy guide for Combat Mission: Afrika Corps, a World War 2 turn-based, tactical computer game for Mac and PC systems, developed by Battlefront.com - including historical order of battles, documents, maps, statistics, after action reports, pictures and an extensive links and bibliography apendix, recommended for both serious students of warfare and new fans of the wargaming world, with special notes on human-vs-human games and an extensive study of the capabilities of the artificial intelligence (on both tactical and strategical level) of the Combat Mission series and the best solutions to problems related to the game engine with a short guide to applying patches and a history of Combat Mission development in general.

Volume I-XXII NOW AVAILABLE!!"

;)

JasonC, just kidding... I love reading your posts.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I'd buy the first couple of volumes of the JasonC Strategy Guide, but frankly, couldn't afford the calculator and slide rule necessary to follow along the mathematics...

Dorosh don't even try.

If I look up grog in a dictionary there's a picture of you and JasonC. tongue.gif

//Salkin