Wanted: A Really Good CM Player

I am currently part of a multiplayer CM campaign set in Sicily Jun '43. The fight centers around Primisole Bridge on the West Coast of the island and sees the 1 Para Bde grappling with an German FJ Regt and Italian troops.

I am the GOC for the Allies and we find ourselves in need of a decent CO. Basically this is a two layered campaign in the spirit of CMMC but much smaller and more streamlined.

The Operational layer is played out in Panther Games Highway to the Reich (you do not need to own this game to be a CO) but that is really my job.

At the tactical level is CMAK where we settle the intimate details of the battle.

As a CO you would be expected to plot orders for your Bn sized element and manage resupply etc for your organization.

Most of all you will need to play CM but in a way most peaople are not used to. You will find yourself stuck with forces in being and will have to manage them for the long haul. You will be playing in an Operational setting, meaning you will need to fight to support the Operatinal mission and your fellow COs aims, along with staying alive.

We are 7 hours into the campaign with real world play starting last fall. The game itself still has a long way to go, so someone with a stable lifestyle would be an asset. We average on CM game per month with a three week timelimit for actual play of the scenario with a week flexibility if need be.

Any and all interested candidates are welcome to post here or e-mail me. Plse include why you think you would make a good team member and any previous experience (Other campaigns, RoW etc) you may have.

I will be blunt for all of the Freaks out there this is the deep end of wargaming and lightweights need not apply. The team we have is very dedicated and most are currently serving or former professional military, though this is not a pre-requisite.

We need players who can take lemons and a spoon and hold off an FJ Bn for 10 hours on ground not of their choosing, without breaking a sweat.

If this isn't your idea of fun, then move along nothing to see here.

If you are truly interested in playing in a big picture under very difficult conditions then this campaign may just be for you.

Barring a crackerjack applicant, I'd be interested. Judging by your last email to me (I can't open the turn yet), I may have done at least one thing right in our ROW match (not saying more due to FOW).

I've been interested in getting involved in a campaign for a long time now but found learning COCAT etc. daunting. Am I right in assuming that you will be handling larger scale handling in the "other" game we don't need, and that the player you select would only be in charge of tactical battles in CM, as well as logistical concerns (presumably by Excel spreadsheet)?

EDIT (Answered my own question)...

[ March 28, 2005, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

Originally posted by The_Capt:

The fight centers around Primisole Bridge on the West Coast of the island...

I hate to be picky and all, but you might like to know for future reference that the bridge was on the east coast of the island.

;)

BTW, how have you been? Ain't seen ya in two or three coon's ages.

smile.gif

Michael

Originally posted by Sergei:

We don't have a Really Good one, but there's this Good For Nothing CM player around here. I don't think he's ever won a game, but it's understandable. He's Swedish.

Watch it Finnish-boy or I'll gather all five swedish posters on this forum and kick every yberfinnish ass out there !

Well....we'll try ;) .

//Salkin

Defending his cowardly neutral colours

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by The_Capt:

The fight centers around Primisole Bridge on the West Coast of the island...

I hate to be picky and all, but you might like to know for future reference that the bridge was on the east coast of the island.

;)

BTW, how have you been? Ain't seen ya in two or three coon's ages.

smile.gif

Michael </font>

Michael,

I too have tried campaigns before and got nowhere. Iam very proud to say this is the most streamlined one we have tried to date. We have engaged in roughly 10 battles from small to huge. You are correct about your eyeball on the workload. For the COs it is mostly CM for me it is HTTR and spreadsheets...and the odd game when I can get to play.

Hi, Capt...

I was part of Axis team in CMBT - and did pretty ok job there (stalled couple T34 battalions in little village and along river I can't remember killing about 20 T34s a fight etc.). Not sure if you remember that but that's me anyway ;) for other recommendations see ROW IV AARs and BoB score tables for CMAK here...

http://www.gustra.org/bar/3/rankings.html

I have some RL commitments pressing big time BUT I think I can squeesh CM games in between those things every now and then. Especially if I don't need to do major cocat related stuff.

Drop me a line if you are still looking for another player

ajarvine[at]uku.fi

Capt,

I am probably the best CM player that currently posts to this forum (like the modesty? {Fionn doesn't post anymore and nobody can beat him}).

I played CPX and CMMC1 from start to finish and have been with CMMC2 since it started so I am familiar with the concept.

Let me know where to sign.

Love,

Elvis

P.S. CMMC2 is accepting applications and has recently begun moving along at a decent clip. Info can be found at www.cmmc2.org

Originally posted by Elvis:

Capt,

I am probably the best CM player that currently posts to this forum (like the modesty? {Fionn doesn't post anymore and nobody can beat him}).

I played CPX and CMMC1 from start to finish and have been with CMMC2 since it started so I am familiar with the concept.

Love,

Elvis

P.S. CMMC2 is accepting applications and has recently begun moving along at a decent clip. Info can be found at www.cmmc2.org

LOL! Well that was the myth Fionn did little to counter. Bil Hardengerger has beat him plenty of times. Fionn also had a bad habit of playing games that only match his style of play...sticking to his league so to speak. That being said he was pretty damn good. Wreck is probably the best I've ever met...that guy could play anything and still win.

But you sound cocky enough to do some damage..and have I got a fight for you.

Ok its been 24 hrs or so, I am closing the polls so to speak we have four brave souls who have put forward their names. Thanks to all for you interest and once we actually get a website up and running I'll post the address up here.

lol, i only read the first paragraph and I'm encouraged that there are still people out there like me. FJs vs Paras is better than all the Panthers vs IS-3s.

It would seem even my advanced age comrades won't mature beyond Panthers and Tigers and Grizzlys ...OH MY!

No ... Not to Korea.

To France, to Poland. To the REAL BARBAROSSA ..

I have played Elvis MORE than a fews times and he is GOOD!

(he always beat me more often than I beat beat him but he was by no means undefeated against me :D )

Elvis is a VERY skilled player at CMBB.

-tom w

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Elvis:

Capt,

Love,

Elvis

LOL! Well that was the myth Fionn did little to counter. Bil Hardengerger has beat him plenty of times. Fionn also had a bad habit of playing games that only match his style of play...sticking to his league so to speak. That being said he was pretty damn good. Wreck is probably the best I've ever met...that guy could play anything and still win.

But you sound cocky enough to do some damage..and have I got a fight for you.

Ok its been 24 hrs or so, I am closing the polls so to speak we have four brave souls who have put forward their names. Thanks to all for you interest and once we actually get a website up and running I'll post the address up here. </font>

Originally posted by Salkin:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sergei:

We don't have a Really Good one, but there's this Good For Nothing CM player around here. I don't think he's ever won a game, but it's understandable. He's Swedish.

Watch it Finnish-boy or I'll gather all five swedish posters on this forum and kick every yberfinnish ass out there !

Well....we'll try ;) .

//Salkin

Defending his cowardly neutral colours </font>

Originally posted by Deathdealer:

I was part of Axis team in CMBT - and did pretty ok job there (stalled couple T34 battalions in little village and along river I can't remember killing about 20 T34s a fight etc.)...

10ji.jpg

Were you defending here, near Grun? If so you stalled about three of our tank brigades... for a time smile.gif

Wow, that map brings back memories!!

Aki had a Stug Coy and basically the Div AT Bn at Grun. The russkies hit him with about 100 freakin tanks etc.

He held em off long enough for the Engrs to blow that bridge which channeled the Russians up to the NE where we wanted them to go. Man that was a helluva scrap.

Aki had a Stug Coy and basically the Div AT Bn at Grun. The russkies hit him with about 100 freakin tanks etc.

He held em off long enough for the Engrs to blow that bridge which channeled the Russians up to the NE where we wanted them to go. Man that was a helluva scrap.

Yeah, took us two hours to roll over that particular unit. Three full-strength Guards tank brigades plus arty regiment, separate tank regiment, motorcycle battalion and various other units. 200+ tanks at least.

A beautiful campaign, I never had more fun playing CM.

Originally posted by Glider:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by The_Capt:

Yeah, took us two hours to roll over that particular unit. Three full-strength Guards tank brigades plus arty regiment, separate tank regiment, motorcycle battalion and various other units. 200+ tanks at least.

A beautiful campaign, I never had more fun playing CM. </font>

• 2 weeks later...

After reading your post I started looking around at CMMC and have become quite facinated with the idea. I've been playing CMBB for about a year and CMAK for about 4 or 5 monthes now. Only against the AI as sometimes I find myself with 3rd world internet access and no one else to play against. But I am quite interested in your campaign and its design purely from a student of history aspect. Logistics and battlefield recovery of vehicles as well as tactics interests me. I was wondering if we could exchange emails and you can give me some more details on campaign.

Thanks