New CMX2 Engine

Chops

I think that the first game modeled using the new game engine should be the American Civil War.

There are no realistic computer simulations of the Civil War. There is a huge following and interest in this time period.

WWII and the Cold War should not be modeled.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the first game modeled using the new game engine should be the American Civil War.

There are no realistic computer simulations of the Civil War. There is a huge following and interest in this time period.

There are dozens and dozens of games about that silly little war. I have never understood what makes it so interesting. Instead BFC should concentrate on the Finnish Civil War. There would be White and Red Finns, Germans, Russians and Swedes. Finnish Army = fun, two Finnish armies = twice funnier!

There are dozens and dozens of games about that silly little war. I have never understood what makes it so interesting. Instead BFC should concentrate on the Finnish Civil War. There would be White and Red Finns, Germans, Russians and Swedes. Finnish Army = fun, two Finnish armies = twice funnier!

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

Sheer size, colorful commanders, length, historical impact, last great napoleonic war

And I thought Napoleon was exiled to St. Helena. Silly me. tongue.gif (Yeah, I have played Age of Rifles and SMG!, but a true patriot always prefers domestic civil wars over foreign ones.)

Originally posted by Captain Wacky:

Sheer size, colorful commanders, length, historical impact, last great napoleonic war

And I thought Napoleon was exiled to St. Helena. Silly me. tongue.gif (Yeah, I have played Age of Rifles and SMG!, but a true patriot always prefers domestic civil wars over foreign ones.)

Originally posted by Chops:

Why on earth not?

The US Civil war doesn't have any tanks, so where's the fun in that? tongue.gif

The difference between Napoleonic and modern warfighting is so great that an engine designed to cover one could not possibly cover the other. As CMX2 is supposed to be modular, limiting yourself to that period wouldn't make much sence, IMHO.

Originally posted by Chops:

Why on earth not?

The US Civil war doesn't have any tanks, so where's the fun in that? tongue.gif

The difference between Napoleonic and modern warfighting is so great that an engine designed to cover one could not possibly cover the other. As CMX2 is supposed to be modular, limiting yourself to that period wouldn't make much sence, IMHO.

Gentlemen,

Lets expand our horizons and focus on something new and different. The possibilities of using the CMX2 engine to model battles in the American Civil War are really intriguing.

There were numerous varities in units and weapons as well as battlefields. It would really be an outstanding gaming experience to have a Civil War simulation of the caliber that Battlefront has put out so far.

Gentlemen,

Lets expand our horizons and focus on something new and different. The possibilities of using the CMX2 engine to model battles in the American Civil War are really intriguing.

There were numerous varities in units and weapons as well as battlefields. It would really be an outstanding gaming experience to have a Civil War simulation of the caliber that Battlefront has put out so far.

It's unequivocally obvious that The Battle of 1812 is the correct choice in best utilizing the resources of the battlefront team. In respect to future development, there can be no other.

[ October 26, 2003, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: warbles ]

It's unequivocally obvious that The Battle of 1812 is the correct choice in best utilizing the resources of the battlefront team. In respect to future development, there can be no other.

[ October 26, 2003, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: warbles ]

Originally posted by warbles:

So people are not confused, it is also occasionally referred to the War of 1812. Wars are outside the scope of CM. smile.gif

Originally posted by warbles:

So people are not confused, it is also occasionally referred to the War of 1812. Wars are outside the scope of CM. smile.gif