The Cheery Wafflers playtest Space Lobsters of Doom

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Watson & Crick, send a copy of that scenario please. That would be a great hotseat game. Although it seemed too balanced. I liked "Island in the Sun" for it's lil sneaky places that you could rush troops to and snipe the enemy rear. Of course they could do the same but still fun.

You mean the one we just played or the one that I'm playing against Kiwi Mike? The one I'm playing against him is called "A port for Patton" and is at the Depot. It is not suitable for hotseat due to map size and turn length. There is a LOT of arty (at least for kiwi's allies, clankies and grunts. The allies attack the germans.

Originally posted by mike_the_wino:

Watson & Crick, send a copy of that scenario please. That would be a great hotseat game. Although it seemed too balanced. I liked "Island in the Sun" for it's lil sneaky places that you could rush troops to and snipe the enemy rear. Of course they could do the same but still fun.

You mean the one we just played or the one that I'm playing against Kiwi Mike? The one I'm playing against him is called "A port for Patton" and is at the Depot. It is not suitable for hotseat due to map size and turn length. There is a LOT of arty (at least for kiwi's allies, clankies and grunts. The allies attack the germans.

Rune:

In my opinion the bridge scenario seems pretty balanced (55 allies (me) and 45 krauts ( Mike the wino)). I think that the number of turns can be cut by five. In both this game and my game against DaveH I was kinda waiting around for either of them to do somefink really stoopid before trying to take the bridge. Against MTW, I gave it a semi-go with some infantry. I am undecided if I want to try this in the ongoing game against DaveH). Anyway, if this was shortened a little bit, there *might* be more of a rush to take the bridge. I held at least one (maybe both???) of the bridge flags, but could not get across to the other side. Like I said, I'm still playing against DaveH, but we *should* be done this week. Oh, I forgot to add that I liked the map. Any other ones you want tested?

Oh, i'm playing your eyetalian scenario now against Axe. In theory, we have a way to go. But I have a feeling that the computer may autosurrender for Axe. That maggot keeps shelling his own guys and rushing his tanks into the heart of my 'shrek and tank hunter defense. Unless he gets reinforcements and my guys run out of ammo, he's in a world of hurt. But then again, when is he not? :mad:

Rune:

In my opinion the bridge scenario seems pretty balanced (55 allies (me) and 45 krauts ( Mike the wino)). I think that the number of turns can be cut by five. In both this game and my game against DaveH I was kinda waiting around for either of them to do somefink really stoopid before trying to take the bridge. Against MTW, I gave it a semi-go with some infantry. I am undecided if I want to try this in the ongoing game against DaveH). Anyway, if this was shortened a little bit, there *might* be more of a rush to take the bridge. I held at least one (maybe both???) of the bridge flags, but could not get across to the other side. Like I said, I'm still playing against DaveH, but we *should* be done this week. Oh, I forgot to add that I liked the map. Any other ones you want tested?

Oh, i'm playing your eyetalian scenario now against Axe. In theory, we have a way to go. But I have a feeling that the computer may autosurrender for Axe. That maggot keeps shelling his own guys and rushing his tanks into the heart of my 'shrek and tank hunter defense. Unless he gets reinforcements and my guys run out of ammo, he's in a world of hurt. But then again, when is he not? :mad:

Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

I suppose you'll need a new monitor after your nose just shattered your old one.

pinnochiocolor.gif

Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

I suppose you'll need a new monitor after your nose just shattered your old one.

pinnochiocolor.gif

Originally posted by mike_the_wino2:

I couldn't disagree more with Watson & Crick assessment of turn length. I would recommend tacking another 5 turns on to allow one more latitude in moving forces with proper overwatch, as opposed rushing in and getting all blown up.

Have we ever agreed on anyfink? :mad:

Originally posted by mike_the_wino2:

I couldn't disagree more with Watson & Crick assessment of turn length. I would recommend tacking another 5 turns on to allow one more latitude in moving forces with proper overwatch, as opposed rushing in and getting all blown up.

Have we ever agreed on anyfink? :mad: