For those who love small scenarios...

...you're in the wrong thread, so be a good lad and sod off.

This, on the other hand, is for those who would like to sink their teeth into something meaty. It is a CMAK conversion of an Op I recently released in CMBO, although now I've made it into one honkin' big scenario. 65 turns long, 11,800 points total, combination of German infantry and Mech formations from both 346th ID and 21st Pz against both Para and Glider units from Brit 6th Abn Div.

You can see pics from the original CMBO map here.

Originally posted by John Kettler:

Seriously, how do you manage to work, do the husband and father thing, dodge hurricanes, post every day, yet still carve out the big blocks of time necessary to build and test monster scenarios?

Simple, really.

Take a couple of these, attach them to one of these, and instantly you'll have all the free time in the world.

Also works great for passover dinner at the in-laws.

Oh my poor old Athlon.... Time to get a new PC, methinks! Anyway, it loaded after a while, looks magnificent! Except for Ammerican flags! Eek! I changed the American artillery spotter to a Brit 5.5 inch chappie, and Old Glory was replaced by the Union flag, so sad little me could breath again.

How does the game decide which flag to use? Was the US spotter the first, or last unit added to the unit list?

Anyway,, I'm giving it a try, don't know if it will be me or my computer that gives out first....

Many thanks Kingfisher,

wunwinglow

The American spotter was added midway through the purchase phase, yet the US spotter shows up first. Don't know why that is, but could explain the American flags.

BTW, the map in the original CMBO version was actually bigger by at least a third, and included the 1st Canadian Parachute Bn defending the villages of Breville and Le Mesnil. I design maps like women shop.

[ April 12, 2006, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: Kingfish ]

Originally posted by Kingfish:

The American spotter was added midway through the purchase phase, yet the US spotter shows up first. Don't know why that is, but could explain the American flags.

If the spotter unit is not an organic unit of an infantry formation, and is in the "on map" column, then it will appear at the top of the list, assuming there are no independent support units, either heavy weapons, or mortars/guns.

BTW, the map in the original CMBO version was actually bigger by at least a third, and included the 1st Canadian Parachute Bn defending the villages of Breville and Le Mesnil. I design maps like women shop.

Expensively, and finishing with more shoes than you could ever need?