Okay, lets try this again... CMAK v1.03 Patch now ready for your downloading pleasure

Madmatt

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All,

I've been fortunate to upgrade my laptop, but when I went to download Patch v1.03, I could not find it. To make sure I hadn't completely lost my mind, I had one of my PBEM buddies check out the web site, too, and we both end up with the v1.02 patch (the instructions identify the 1.03 patch, but when you click to access it, you get the 1.02 patch--which is disabled, BTW).

Anyway, I'm sure that this is a major case of pilot error on my part, and I'm hopeful that one of you could gently point me in the right direction....

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could I ask for some assistance? I own the CDV version of CMAK (V 1.01)and use Win XP Home. I have d/l the appropriate 1.03 patch but when I run it I get message "The publisher could not be verified. Do you want to run this software?"

When I then continue, the programme asks me to select the destination folder. The reason(I guess)is that the prog can't now install the patch automatically so I've got to do it manually. Which is the correct "destination folder"? Also is that all you need do if doing a manual install or do have to literally overwrite each file ( patch has six files - bmp,wav, 103 readme (no probs with them I think) but what about the other three? unins000( dat file), unins000(uninstaller)and CM Afrika Korps?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I also have the CDV version and if i recall correctly you had do something extra to install the patch.

Make sure you have the right one (there are three (US, Mac, CDV) and if a path is asked it should be

...\Combat Mission 3 Afrika Korps\Run

There are instructions on BFC website somewhere, but I can't find it now.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

BUMP

Sunray, did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem

Originally posted by Sunray:

Could I ask for some assistance? I own the CDV version of CMAK (V 1.01)and use Win XP Home. I have d/l the appropriate 1.03 patch but when I run it I get message "The publisher could not be verified. Do you want to run this software?"

When I then continue, the programme asks me to select the destination folder. The reason(I guess)is that the prog can't now install the patch automatically so I've got to do it manually. Which is the correct "destination folder"? Also is that all you need do if doing a manual install or do have to literally overwrite each file ( patch has six files - bmp,wav, 103 readme (no probs with them I think) but what about the other three? unins000( dat file), unins000(uninstaller)and CM Afrika Korps?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Come on BF, whoever writes the patch installer should make sure it works with CDV installations as well as BF ones. There is intelligent life outside North America.

This is not rocket science, but it sure is annoying to all us CDV customers if it isn't done.

At the very least it should be made very clear which folder is the one to select. It's been a while since I patched my installation but I remember it wasn't at all clear.

The problem with patching the cdv CMAK to 1.03 is that the patch makes a new folder called, logically enough, "new folder". This is made under the Run folder. The Run folder contains the CMAK 1.01.exe. In this new folder are the new CMAK 1.03.exe, wav, and bmp files.

I renamed the 1.01.exe and moved the 1.03 from the "new folder" to the Run folder, and I merged the new bmp and wav contents with the originals in the Run folder.

Simple huh? Tim Hughes you're correct. This could have been spelled out in the readme file.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by MD82:

The problem with patching the cdv CMAK to 1.03 is that the patch makes a new folder called, logically enough, "new folder". This is made under the Run folder. The Run folder contains the CMAK 1.01.exe. In this new folder are the new CMAK 1.03.exe, wav, and bmp files.

I renamed the 1.01.exe and moved the 1.03 from the "new folder" to the Run folder, and I merged the new bmp and wav contents with the originals in the Run folder.

Simple huh? Tim Hughes you're correct. This could have been spelled out in the readme file.

This is so screwed up! I'm talking about the CDV verson. What do you do will all the other stuff in the run folder? I've copied the exe and the openplay module, or whatever you call it. But my wav file in the original installation was empty excepet for one file. So I copied all of the wav files from the run folder over the the wav folder in the Ak folder. ut then when I went to do the same thing with the bmp folder, it prompted me a bunch of times to confirm I wanted to overwrite an existing file. And in evey case, the file already in the bmp folder in the AK folder was new than the file from the run folder. What is going on!?!?

And now it says, when I start the game, that it is still version 1.0?!?! And why the heck don't the executables have version numbers?

[ January 26, 2006, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: civdiv ]

Ok, no version numbers, and don't pay attanetion to the dates on the files. Just install to some seperate, off the wall folder, and copy everything over manually. And then update your shortcuts. Mine is finally working. When you copy the bmps over, some will appear, based on the file creation date, to be older than the ones you already have. Just hit 'yes to all' and overwrite all of them. I think.

I have the CDV Combat Mission Anthology. I installed the patch and dragged the files into the right place. 1.03 starts but now it asks for the CD. When I put the CMAK CD (either of them) in it refuses to recognise them and keeps asking for the CD. No joy with the other two CDs either. Any suggestions as I can't play the game at the moment.

See here for more trouble shooting:

http://www.battlefront.com/products/cmak/troubleshooting.html

Did you rename the 1.01exe to something else and put the new 1.03 exe into the same folder that the old one was?

Then, did you copy the new wav and bmp files into the original wav and bmp folders? You have to say yes to all when it asks if you wish to over write any files.

Also search the CMAK forums, I seem to remember discussions on how to get around this. If all else fails uninstall/clean registry of all traces of the game/delete directory/reinstall game. But try below first.

Problem: Game reports that CD needs to be inserted in order to load the game.

Cause/Solution 1: The CD does have to be inserted into the CD Drive in order to launch the game. Once the game has loaded the CD can be removed.

Cause/Solution 2: Make sure that Windows is not trying to launch the game in Compatibility Mode. Right click on the shortcut used to launch the game, select the Compatibility tab at the top, make sure no boxes are checked on the Compatibility Properties page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem: Game reports that CD needs to be inserted in order to load the game but CD is in the CD drive. I have Windows XP/2000.

Cause/Solution: Windows may have enabled "Compatibility Mode" for CMAK. This can occur if you upgrade to XP/2000 from an earlier OS of if you turned it on manually. To check this, please right click on the shortcut that points to CMAK. Select Properties and on the next page select the Compatibility tab. Now make sure none of the boxes are checked on that page. Click Apply or OK to close the window and then re-launch the game.

[ January 31, 2006, 05:53 AM: Message edited by: MD82 ]