cmakmappack4theike

veel tijd gekost ja, maar telkens zo lekker als het wel erg aangenaam is ook even. smile.gif

no thanks, guys... just go and have a good game.

I now selected about 15 of these maps to go and edit, (make smaller or bigger, put on more woods, take away some outskurts, etc) for a new mappack. Also im planning to make about 6 or so operation maps, and then, when im already full on the go, there must be some specific ones from these worked out all new (one i like, and have ideas for. (the one thats quit flat, has no river, and is shaped by wooded rows only. (bit France like)

...etc...etc...etc smile.gif

Yep smile.gif , have all my boring little moments these next few months already done for.

Some maybe any of you might feel the need to be reviseted?

[ June 20, 2006, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: theike ]

Since I'm not only a mod slut, but also a map slut, I wonder whether somebody ever considered making a map pack of for instance the battlefields of Normandy. And with battlefields, I mean villages like Authie, Norrey, Bretteville, Carpiquet, Buron and so on. That would be great, since it would unable us to fight battles, with self chosen units, against a historical correct background. What do you think, Theike, sounds like a challenge to you? Niet geschoten...

That's easy. Simply make multiple copies of Emar's "Blut und Ehre", rename each copy to whatever area you are interested in (for example Carpiquet) then edit the map down to size. Repeat for other areas.

That monster map alone would include most of the battlefields north of Caen, and cover not only the Canadian drive on Caen on D+1, but Operations Windsor and Charnwood as well.

Once your done there you can repeat the entire process using The Devil's Adjutant's "BCM-Operation Epsom" Map. This is another huge, but highly realistic looking map of the Scottish corridor.

In addition, there are a series of excellent maps done in CMBO by the Desert Fox which cover the battlefields around Villers-Bocage. Any of these can easily be converted to CMAK using Pyewacket's map coverter. I have used a portion of his Villers-Bocage map for my "Caged Beast(II)" scenario, and have also converted his "Halpenny force" Operations map to a CMAK scenario

Originally posted by theike:

oh, cool, Larry... smile.gif

and do you also play on some of them?

and if so, how do you use them?

(knowledge i can learn from)

What I do is crop them for perfect size to fight ladder QBs as the variety in your maps is so huge that even on one map there are possibilities tro fight different type of battles. Also might edit the amount of flags.

ah, you do the same as i do.

Nice to hear this, that they get used for such things. Its what i aim at mostly, making my maps the size that can inhold different parts of a landscape, so afterwards... (everybody, including myself ofcourse can trim them to the portion thats best used for that moment)

The setups i do, i know are just my thing, a lot of you guys would chooze different zones and flag settings.

I think the best maps, or lets say the most interesting maps can indeed be played a few ways.

But as i said, its nice to hear you actually make time to make them ready for the battle you need. I didnt really know people really did that.

(just hoped untill now)

Making accurate normandy maps, nah, that aint my thing. Too much research, and too little just going along with what i think looks and plays best. But your right; niet geschoten is altijd mis. smile.gif

some cmbb maps where pretty cool, i can remember some of them, vaguely... smile.gif