Unto the land of Peng, a Queen is come

Originally posted by Lars:

Logic is just an organized way of going wrong, Boo.

And once again, you're wrong. I'm quite capable of losing in a trailer park. Say, $20 to your mother, for instance...

Now, now! We don't do mothers here.

Perhaps that could have been better phrased, but that's not important right now.

Boo, you must get these things right. Lars would be unbeatable in a scenario involving assault boats. Or rather, the only thing that would overcome him would be the boats themselves...

By the way, Boo, I just declared you a wholly owned subsidiary of the Church of Seanachai in another thread. You must be very excited. Finally, after a life of aimlessness and mental deterioration, you've been given a sense of direction and guidance. No, don't thank me. A show of gratitude characterized by unseemly grovelling, while satisfying, was not what motivated me. No, Boo, it was the simple satisfaction I get from leading you up out of the mud and darkness of your existence into the light of my presence. To see your broad, heavily brow-ridged and rather blank face turned upward, squinting, with a look of awe on it; that, Boo, is enough for me.

My Self, but I'm just filled with the joys of my creation today!

[ November 07, 2003, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

And once again, you're wrong. I'm quite capable of losing in a trailer park. Say, $20 to your mother, for instance...

Perhaps that could have been better phrased, but that's not important right now.

Boo, you must get these things right. Lars would be unbeatable in a scenario involving assault boats. Or rather, the only thing that would overcome him would be the boats themselves...

By the way, Boo, I just declared you a wholly owned subsidiary of the Church of Seanachai in another thread. You must be very excited. Finally, after a life of aimlessness and mental deterioration, you've been given a sense of direction and guidance. No, don't thank me. A show of gratitude characterized by unseemly grovelling, while satisfying, was not what motivated me. No, Boo, it was the simple satisfaction I get from leading you up out of the mud and darkness of your existence into the light of my presence. To see your broad, heavily brow-ridged and rather blank face turned upward, squinting, with a look of awe on it; that, Boo, is enough for me.

My Self, but I'm just filled with the joys of my creation today! </font>

Originally posted by Aces_and_8's:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Following in that same logic, you would be undefeatable in any scenario set in a trailer park, right?

And once again, you're wrong. I'm quite capable of losing in a trailer park. Say, $20 to your mother, for instance... </font>

Originally posted by R Leete:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

I knocked up Leete's bride (metaphysically speaking) in the UK, which makes it as near a virgin conception as is possible under modern conditions.

you had nothing to do with it, old man.

</font>

[flings the rubber gnome around the paddock]

*sniff* airborne Marine gnome assault

[drags the rubber gnome through the paddock pond]

*sniff* amphibious Marine gnome landing

[hides the rubber gnome under the rhubard bucket]

*sniff* special forces Marine gnome covert operations...

... pathetic

Yeknod

Following in that same logic, you would be undefeatable in any scenario set in a trailer park, right?

And once again, you're wrong. I'm quite capable of losing in a trailer park. Say, $20 to your mother, for instance... </font>

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

In your world, that means she steps out of the shower to urinate, right?

Steve

Ahem. Gentlemen, have we all forgotten the lessons of many months ago, when people were busy being humourously abusive about family members, but the one lad's mother happened to be dying of cancer? And that the jokes weren't going over so well?

As I've said before, it's enough of a burden for your poor, long-suffering families to have produced you in the first place, without being dragged in here to be further mocked.

Let's focus on the deficiencies of the people who actually post here. That should be enough to keep any of you busy enough without splashing the Cess onto those who are innocent, and, in the cases of your families, already victims enough.

Let's focus on the deficiencies of the people who actually post here. That should be enough to keep any of you busy enough without splashing the Cess onto those who are innocent, and, in the cases of your families, already victims enough.

But Seanachai, there is so much material, so little time. Whatever is a poor Texas lawyer to do?

Steve

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Aces_and_8's:

But Seanachai, there is so much material, so little time. Whatever is a poor Texas lawyer to do?

Steve </font>

Originally posted by Sailor Malan:

As a SSN to the Peng (if not the whole board), can someone explain a few strange terms I don't understand please:

Queen

female

Dame

As a lifelong grog, I have never encountered the concepts before.

It's because you're English.

Being a grog has nothing to do with it.

Steve

Hmm, mothers are right out. How about the rest of his simian troop? Sisters? Second cousins? That old silverback over there gumming his banana? It's just so fun rattling his cage that it's hard to resist, as you can see from Boo's response. He got so excited beating his chest that he screwed up his UBB coding (again).

Boo, your setup will be winging it's way to you tonight. I believe this is the rubber match, so I might even hang a tire in a tree for you to play on.

Hmm, mothers are right out. How about the rest of his simian troop? Sisters? Second cousins? That old silverback over there gumming his banana? It's just so fun rattling his cage that it's hard to resist, as you can see from Boo's response. He got so excited beating his chest that he screwed up his UBB coding (again).

Boo, your setup will be winging it's way to you tonight. I believe this is the rubber match, so I might even hang a tire in a tree for you to play on. </font>

Well...how bout his pet gerbil? Is it off limits? You know, the one he uses in conjunction with the rubber tubing to...erm...n/m

Let me guess, you spent your last TDY at sea, with lots of sailors, right?

Steve

Originally posted by Sailor Malan:

As a SSN to the Peng (if not the whole board), can someone explain a few strange terms I don't understand please:

Queen

female

Dame

As a lifelong grog, I have never encountered the concepts before. smile.gif

</font>
  • Queen <- Seanachai in drag on Friday nights</font>
  • female <- those people with pleasing bumps and curves like YK2, Persephone, and Kitty. Note that this IS NOT in any way, shape or form related to list item #1</font>
  • Dame <- a respectful term of address for those people with pleasing bumps and curves like YK2, Persephone, and Kitty</font>

Creation? As in plague or pox?

No, that's Grog Dorosh, lad. Old Pestilence, we call him. Poxy, to his friends. Except he doesn't have any. Well, there's the mannequin. Not sure how that relationship would be defined. I'm sure they're close,though.

But enough of all this. We must turn our attentions to things of importance. Cue theme song:

Have Laptop, Will Travel

Reads the card of a man,

A lone mortgage banker

In a savage land.

His teaching's for hire,

And he travels far.

A lone mortgage banker

Is the man called Justicar.

Justicar, Justicar,

Where do you roam?

Justicar, Justicar,

Far, far from home.

Joe, there are a number of things that need our immediate attention.

First, without going into who supported him, or the legality of it all, or any number of other equally interesting issues, it's clear that we're going to have to depose Meeks. Can't proclaim a new Queen without disposing of the old King, unless the latter is taking the former as his, and that doesn't even bear thinking about.

I'm thinking that a peasant revolt, with the aristocracy piling on when they see which way the wind is blowing, is classic, with the only question being whether he is simply driven from his throne and into exile, or whether the mob pulls him down, with equally classic beheading, dismembering, and pieces of the body paraded around the kingdom for all to see, with crowds cheering lustily over each drippy bit.

Or should we go for a more solemn, spiritual and even more venerable tradition, pursuing the course of the ancient Celts, and state that King Meeks has failed to make the kingdom prosper, and sacrifice him on the altars of the Church of Seanachai to propitiate the gods (well, me, in any case), and then raise up the new Queen who shall lead us all into a glorious new future?

Or should we just send him a 'Dear King John' letter? Lacks flair, but there is a certain cad-ish element to it.

After having dispensed with out King, we will then need to actually crown our Queen. She has, of course, been proclaimed by the Olde Ones, acknowledged by the Justicar, and huzzahed by the hoipolloi. Such public acclaim for any being has not previously been seen, echoing throughout the corridors of Schloss Peng, and reaching even into the Wasteland where three ancient, eldritch figures sit hunched around a fire, swapping a bottle.

But there has been no formal investiture, no coronation, no solemn ceremony fraught with reverence and stately dignity. No shindig.

We will need to address that forthwith.

Fair Queen Emma, please take a moment to consider what you'd like to do for your first acts as Queen. Amnesties and setting free the unjustly imprisoned is usually a crowd pleaser, although it's slightly edged out by mass executions of enemies of the state for sheer volume of cheering and clapping. No reason you can't have both, for that matter. Consider putting together some lists.

Joe you're a busy man, I appreciate that, but we simply have to give some thought to these matters.

First things first, then: How shall we rid ourselves of the King?

I suppose we could always go for laughs, and have a high Church official shout out within the hearing of several clergymen 'oh who will rid me of this troublesome king', and then sit back and admire the satire as they ride to the capital and kill him in the middle of his palace...

[ November 07, 2003, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

First things first, then: How shall we rid ourselves of the King?

I think the answer has to be a peasant revolt. A casual glance about the place reveals that most denizens here are little better than peasants, and as for revolting...can you think of a more revolting collection of miscreants than this august body of ne'er-do-wells?

Besides, it's been a while since we've had a jolly good torchlight event. I'm sure it gives all right-minded folk a sense of unsurpassed joy to think of Meeks fleeing mindlessly through darkened corridors while a howling, murderous mob chases him through the palace, only to be cornered in the courtyard, where a hush falls on the crowd as they face their tormentor. But only for a moment, and as Meeks drops to his knees whimpering the mob closes in and rends him to bits with their bare hands.

See I bet just reading this has made you feel better!

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Aces_and_8's:

Well...how bout his pet gerbil? Is it off limits? You know, the one he uses in conjunction with the rubber tubing to...erm...n/m

Let me guess, you spent your last TDY at sea, with lots of sailors, right?

Steve </font>