I do.

Haven't had any issues.

Well one, not really Vista specifically but on the machine I run it on. I would like to run at a higher resolution, because I can do 1600 by 1050 - but instead I have to use 12sumfing x1024 due to aspect ratio issues. That is all.

I am using a geforce 7300 video card and have plenty of RAM, incidentally. Games run fine.

Originally posted by slysniper:

Careful, in one of these threads, Steve from Battlefront has mentioned that on a few new machines they are having problems with the old games running with Vista, I cannot be of anymore help but I remember its out there.

I don't think the problem is necessarily with Vista but rather with the 8xxx series nvidia cards. Check out the posts in the CM1 technical forum for specifics. 8xxx cards also seem to have the most compatability issues with CMSF.

I have Vista and experienced a driver display error. This is something known and common to many PC games and not just CM. A Windows update came that eventually fixed the problem, though it crops up every so often.

The user interface would scramble and the game would freeze, with the screen sometimes going black. You would need to hit ALT+ESC, then wait a few minutes for the drivers to reset.

With Vista, I can play BO and AK, but have a lot of problems playing BB.

i just bought a copy of XP pro,too many variables with vista for my liking.some people have next to no problem playing games while others get the sort of grief that makes consoles look attractive.

there appear to be some issues with vista and current top end nvidia cards and their latest drivers.not my experience but what i've picked up from various forums.

Originally posted by BeauCoupDinkyDau:

Think I might just do my new build with a copy of XP.

I would. I didn't get XP until a year or so before Vista came out and I'll probably stick with it until I can't run anything anymore...just like I did with 98. Seems MS makes one decent OS for every two that suck. XP has been pretty damn stable for me so no complaints.

BTW my BFG GeForce 7800 PCIe...has been running all the games fine, even CMSF. So if it's an older NVIDIA you want give it a go...you can probably find one pretty cheap. I dodged ATI back when I bought this comp 'cause I knew it wouldn't run the Fog Tables in CM. I was an ATI man up until CMBO.

Mord.

I too bought XP not so long ago....in my case it came with a cheap upgrade to Vista - $30...which I have bought....but which sits in the shelf until this sort of stuff gets sorted....I suspect it'll be there a long time - Vista seems to be a problem for all sorts of games from here to Matrix.