Who will Peng challenge after the Apocalypso?

Stop that! Stop that at once!

At this solemn moment, as we await our Queen's decision to ennoble certain worthy individuals, I'm not after having the mood disrupted by an Aussie and one of those...those...well, by God, one of those buggers who now want the legal right to marry someone they love, and that's for sure!

Sit down and shut the feck up!

Cue the piper!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Stop that! Stop that at once!

At this solemn moment, as we await our Queen's decision to ennoble certain worthy individuals, I'm not after having the mood disrupted by an Aussie and one of those...those...well, by God, one of those buggers who now want the legal right to marry someone they love, and that's for sure!

Sit down and shut the feck up!

Cue the piper!

Help! Help! I'm Being

Opressed! tongue.gif

I'm not after having the mood disrupted by an Aussie

Well, excuuuUUUUuuuuse me!!!

If I knew it was a special occassion I would have worn my best Safari suit (with shorts) and desert boots.

I'd have even brought the most holy of royal recipticles (the esky, full of beer of course) and the barby (with bread, sausages, chops, the odd rissole, and the tomato sauce*).

Mace

*translation: ketchup

[ March 02, 2004, 05:44 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]

After spending one day perusing the GF, I find this place much more relaxing. There are far too many serious people over there.

Well now that is off my chest....I see The Gnome is proposing Knighthood for a couple of new blokes.

Now V-2, or whatever his name is...is a known entity....having slithered around these parts on and off....Huzzah!!! welcome V-2!!!

However.....SturmundDrang is new to me.....I do recollect that he offered to commit ritual suicide on an earlier page of this very thread.

As a Knight of this beloved Cesspool , I request....NO DEMAND...that SturmundDrang, commit seppuku for the entertainment of us all....BEFORE he is elevated to Knighthood in the Pool !!!

The following instructions are included to make it a proper ritual.

If the circumstances allowed it, the ritual suicide was executed in a formal, procedural manner. Even spectators were not uncommon. The suicide candidate was clad in a white kimono. Before the final act, he was expected to write his death poem, formerly a practice common for the higher social classes.

At the start, the seppuku candidate was supposed to take a short dagger and cut his abdomen by slicing it from the left lower part of his upper body upwards in right direction. This must have been extremely painful. Then the candidate was supposed to lower his neck. This was the sign for the assistant, the kaishakunin, who stood behind him, to proceed to the last step - to cut off the seppuku candidate's head - possibly with one blow of his sword. The kaishakunin could be a person close to him, sometimes his best friend. The kaishakunin had it in his hands to shorten the suffering of the suicider by executing a strong and swift blow.

Now I have already offered to be SturmundDrang's kaishakunin...all we need now are the proper spectators....should we sell tickets???

[ March 02, 2004, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: Nidan1 ]

Originally posted by SturmSebber:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Now I have already offered to be SturmundDrang's kaishakunin...all we need now are the proper spectators....should we sell tickets???

Sometimes..just sometimes I get the feeling Nidan1 doesn't like me :D </font>

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SturmSebber:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Now I have already offered to be SturmundDrang's kaishakunin...all we need now are the proper spectators....should we sell tickets???

Sometimes..just sometimes I get the feeling Nidan1 doesn't like me :D </font>

Sometimes..just sometimes I get the feeling Nidan1 doesn't like me

Don't worry. I brought Nidan up from a bedraggled, careworn pup. I found him on the doorstep to my AirStr...er...castle, wrapped in soggy Little Lulu comics in a box marked Tiajuana C.O.D. He's nothing but a big, old, retired Marine, softie.

And lose the nasty little faces, lad, for the sake of Peng.

I don't know about this Royal Decree stuff ... not at all, at all.

My Queen, Fair Emma, I beg you to consider carefully your course in this matter. It is, you see, a matter of tradition and proper course, an honoring of those who have gone before and will come after ... I may need to deny that last bit at some point, we'll see.

Long standing tradition has held that SSNs be considered carefully before elevation to that ultimate standing of Knight of the CessPool. Now we have proposal, from Berli no less ... (can you GET less than Berli?) ... to otherthrow tradition and honor, note you HONOR My Queen and just willy-nilly make Knights where not even Serfs existed prior.

Let them be made Squires by all means, let them be judged for their words and, mark you My Queen, for their attentiveness not only to YOU but also to the CessPool as a Hole. Will they stick aroung? 42 Degrees Below Zero hasn't been here for ages and SternShrugger has NEVER been here. Will they be with us through thick and thin ... thick, of course, being Boo Radley.

Let us evaluate them Dear Queen Emma so that we may judge if they reflect well ON YOU! Speaking of reflecting well, I think that gown looks lovely in the mirror, I especially like the train ... not many women would be able to wear a gown with a model steam engine on it.

Joe

I, as an Olde One of the Peng Challenge Thread, now propose that two BFC board members, having laboured mightily in the service of our Queen, the Fair Emma, be ennobled for their actions, and raised to the rank of Knight of the Cesspool by act of Monarchy and popular fecking acclaim.

I propose that v42below, and SturmSebber by made Knights of this august body of complete and annoying wankers, with all the duties, responsibilities and privileges that attend thereto.

When the hour was darkest, and enemies assailed our Queen, they did not hesitate, but threw themselves into conflict without thought for their own persons.

I further propose that lenakonrad, already a Knight of this awful place, be awarded the Order of Cyrano de Bergerac Medal for his efforts on behalf of our Queen.

Who will ever forget his very odd poetry?

What sayeth the Queen?

Good call Joe!

They won't catch you asleep at the wheel!

That Berli is soooo clever, making everybody else think it was The Bard asking for the promotion, but you were clearly able to see past this bit of subterfuge.

Keep up the good work!

Make room for the "NEW" , you decaying relics of the "OLD", the stench of your sweat even travels through the Net...sweating with FeAr, fEaR of change, fearful of a new generation of Knights unbound by forgotten traditions, fear of the enormous amount of charisma we carry and the blinding light of selfconfidence and arrogance that lights our path.

-Not to mention how stunningly SeXxXy i look in full armour-

Make way for the triumphant new generation, make way for the honourable Battlefront forummembers who now, in front of their radiant Queen claim their rightful place amongst the highest and lowest regions of the POOL

Thus spoke SturmSebber, thus shall be done.

[ March 02, 2004, 10:36 AM: Message edited by: SturmSebber ]

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Let them be made Squires by all means, let them be judged for their words and, mark you My Queen, for their attentiveness not only to YOU but also to the CessPool as a Hole.

Joe, Joe, Joe... did you see anywhere in my post where I said anything aboot them not bein' Squires first? Didn't think so.

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Papa Khann:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

So speaking of twits, when are we going out for a remedial drink?

So how late did the second one go anyways, you freak? And did you hang onto enough to buy?

Papa </font>

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Let them be made Squires by all means, let them be judged for their words and, mark you My Queen, for their attentiveness not only to YOU but also to the CessPool as a Hole.

Joe, Joe, Joe... did you see anywhere in my post where I said anything aboot them not bein' Squires first? Didn't think so. </font>

The Apocalypse must be coming. For once I find myself agreeing with Joe. At least regarding the serf first, then squire, and finally, someday maybe (but I doubt it) Kannigget part that is.

As for the other portion of his message, where he implies that Seanachai and Beergut are idjits... well that clearly goes without saying. Only a dolt like Joe would spend time reiterating that.

Papa

*snip*

Horse vomit and SturnSebber's own sliced and mouldy guts would not compare to the bout of verbal diarrhea posted by this twit...

How dare you, sir, defile this place with your idiocy? Neither you, nor I have "rights" in this place, only duties - duties to our Queen. As honoured as I am by the very possibility of my knighthood being considered, I refuse to be made a Knight of the Cesspool alongside such a twit.

[Edited to say, send me a setup, twit]

[ March 02, 2004, 03:28 PM: Message edited by: v42below ]

Originally posted by v42below:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SturmSebber:

*snip*

Horse vomit and SturnSebber's own sliced and mouldy guts would not compare to the bout of verbal diarrhea posted by this twit...

How dare you, sir, defile this place with your idiocy. Neither you nor I have "rights" in this place, only duties - duties to our Queen. As honoured as I am by the very possibility my knighthood being considered, I refuse to be made a Knight of the Cesspool alongside such a twit. </font>