The Boy With The Thorn In His Side, The Peng Thread Has Been Challenged

**YK2**

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aces And Eights . . . here is your quest. You will procede to the Cheesy Wahwaa thread and pick a fight with 2, 3, or however many of those lamers it takes. I will provide the scenario. If more than one accepts your challenge, you will defeat them all in detail. Normally I would issue a harder quest but these toilet paper wipings need to learn their place. I am sure you will not fail me.

Kitty

Ah, my former Squire, I'm sure you'll be sending my copy right along to me, right? right?

{Sheesh, U.S. Postal, can't even beat the wolf fondling Swedes these days...}

SSN Hint Of The Day: Have a penny, take a penny.

Now sod off.

Originally posted by Leutnant Hortlund:

CMAK just arrived.

IN YOUR FACE SUCKERS!!!

Yet another excuse to avoid returning files.

For that, I challenge you to a CMAK duel. The scenario is Clash of Titans. You get teh uber-British. I get the unter-Italians. Taking the weaker side will make my victory over your hapless troops (aren't you glad your pixelated legions can't frag you) all the sweeter.

Steve

Originally posted by Kitty:

Aces And Eights . . . here is your quest. You will procede to the Cheesy Wahwaa thread and pick a fight with 2, 3, or however many of those lamers it takes. I will provide the scenario. If more than one accepts your challenge, you will defeat them all in detail. Normally I would issue a harder quest but these toilet paper wipings need to learn their place. I am sure you will not fail me.

Kitty

Dame Kitty, far be it from me to suggest alterations in your quest instructions for your Squire ... did I ever acknowledge that, what with being on the road so much I can't recall ... oh well, Aces-n-Eights is Dame Kitty's Squire, there, done and done.

But to continue, I fear for the precedent that might be set if we require our Squires to actuall WIN games of CM in order to advance to Knighthood. Let's face it Milady, they aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer and this one is duller than most being a Marine as he is.

Don't get me wrong, PLAYING a game of CM is all well and good and represents a fine quest, but requiring him to WIN ... I suspect he'll be challenged enough simply by remembering to press "GO" each turn, which, as we all know, represents the level of tactics employed by the Marines.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I fear for the precedent that might be set if we require our Squires to actuall WIN games of CM in order to advance to Knighthood.

Joe

Don't worry, Joe. Upon request, I investigated this issue. In short, we can't make YOU win a game of CM to be a knight, because you are already a knight. Losing a game of CM will not affect your status (such as it is) in this group.

Just so you know, many knights were very disappointed by this ruling.

Steve

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

For that, I challenge you to a CMAK duel. The scenario is Clash of Titans. You get teh uber-British. I get the unter-Italians. Taking the weaker side will make my victory over your hapless troops (aren't you glad your pixelated legions can't frag you) all the sweeter.

Steve

Uber british you say? UBER-BRITISH? With Cruiser tanks that will implode incase they are left in direct sunlight for more than two hours?

ooo...you have some nerve.

Originally posted by Kitty:

Kitty

Copy all and on the way... smile.gif:D;)tongue.gif :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: <----Smiley test fire, just to make sure I can communicate with the little knuckleheads.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kitty:

Kitty

... I suspect he'll be challenged enough simply by remembering to press "GO" each turn, which, as we all know, represents the level of tactics employed by the Marines.

Joe </font>

Originally posted by Lars:

Ah, my former Squire, I'm sure you'll be sending my copy right along to me, right? right?

Yes yes, I have sent my only copy to you actually. Naturally, like a good former squire, I mailed it to my old liege as soon as I could open it and verify that it was indeed a copy of CMAK.

Not only that, I also sent you the manual. And since the manual is actually 4 pages thick...or rather, since the manual is actually one page in A2 format (or somefink) of shiny paper folded in two to make the impression of 4 pages, you can understand the enormity of my sacrifice (mailing costs).

To confuse any computergame-sniffing dog at the US customs, I was intending to spray the package with fox urine, but alas I ran out of my last bottle when I was trying to break up with my ex-girlfriend (trust me, the less details the better), so I had to pee on the envelope myself.

Sincerely

Hortlund, always faitful ex-squire

I defer to the Justicar's ruling on such matters, because the point is not whether you win or lose, but how bad of a sport you can be in the midst of it. Oh, and don't forget the hate. There is nothing more satisfying than battering your opponent to the point that you are no longer a mere annoyance, but an object of pure undiluted enmity. When you get The PBEM turn with the message, "I hate you," well, there's no feeling quite like it. So let's not forget what it is that makes the 'Pool the 'Pool. Hate, and an unsporting attitude in all things.

Speaking of unsporting, BOGGS, YOU YARBLELESS GIT! You were instructed to forward your piccy to Lady Persephone, and were challenged by myself. Thus far you have complied with neither demand.

[Lurkur locates a brick (not THE BRICK) and places it inside his leather gauntlet.]

Jim Boggs, I challenge you [THWACK! THWACK!] you gormless bint!

[Lurkur deftly shakes out brick gravel from his gauntlet]

Boggs, you delusional little marsupial. You picker of other people's belly button lint. It requires two threads and two personalities to express your utter lunacy. My pixeltruppen stand ready to cross swords with your besotted and bedraggled minions! Send your women folk to lamentation and wailing school, because there will be much lamenting and wailing and gnashing of teeth when the Nefarious Legions have dealt with you! Lepers who live in New Jersey will pity you. Hurricane Andrew will seem like a gentle spring storm compared to the Götterdämmerungish Sturm and Drang prepared for you! Stand and take your thrashing like any member of the 'Pool—with cringing, whining, shirking, drunkenness, excuses and counter-accusations of wrong-doing! If I do not hear from you within the week, at least with a lame excuse or a note from your wife excusing you from a good flensing, I...I...well, actually I haven't thought that far ahead...but it will be bad, with nasty, pointy teeth!

[makes nasty, pointy teeth face, complete with hand gestures]

You have been warned! BWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhhaaahahahah....ack cough...HACK...dang sinus infection...cough!

God bless,

Lurk

[ December 02, 2003, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Lurkur ]

Originally posted by Lurkur:

Speaking of unsporting, BOGGS, YOU YARBLELESS GIT! You were instructed to forward your piccy to Lady Persephone, and were challenged by myself. Thus far you have complied with neither demand.

[Lurkur locates a brick (not THE BRICK) and places it inside his leather gauntlet.]

Jim Boggs, I challenge you [THWACK! THWACK!] you gormless bint!

[Lurkur deftly shakes out brick gravel from his gauntlet]

Boggs, you delusional little marsupial. You picker of other people's belly button lint. It requires two threads and two personalities to express your utter lunacy. My pixeltruppen stand ready to cross swords with your besotted and bedraggled minions! Send your women folk to lamentation and wailing school, because there will be much lamenting and wailing and gnashing of teeth when the Nefarious Legions have dealt with you! Lepers who live in New Jersey will pity you. Hurricane Andrew will seem like a gentle spring storm compared to the Götterdämmerungish Sturm and Drang prepared for you! Stand and take your thrashing like any member of the 'Pool—with cringing, whining, shirking, drunkenness, excuses and counter-accusations of wrong-doing! If I do not hear from you within the week, at least with a lame excuse or a note from your wife excusing you from a good flensing, I...I...well, actually I haven't thought that far ahead...but it will be bad, with nasty, pointy teeth!

[makes nasty, pointy teeth face, complete with hand gestures]

You have been warned! BWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhhaaahahahah....ack cough...HACK...dang sinus infection...cough!

God bless,

Lurk

My oh my!!!

All this just for someone with:

A HUMONGOUS MEMBER NUMBER!!!

I am, of course, most deeply honored that I should be the justification for such an emotional outburst!

Very well my good Lurkur. As CMAK is still a couple of weeks away for us poh Mercuns (MrSpkr excluded) I will not suffer you to wait. We shall make do with CMBB and use our imagination and creativity to recreate the lonely and vast desert battles.

I propose a pure armor 5 vs 5 QB. You, as the Challenger have the choice between:

5 M4A2's or 5 PzIVF2's

Take your pick and I will take care of the rest of the details, arranging for their deliverance into thine incoming box tonight.

What could be more fair?

As far as the piccy, I must report a horrible quirk of fate has caused all pictures of my humble self to be mysteriously consumed in a fire of unknown origin.

If I can find just one you can rest assured that it will be dispos....dispatched to the Dear Lady Persephone posthaste.

Well now, I think that just about covers your charming post. Are there any further issues?

Originally posted by Lurkur:

Ah, well met my bipolar bear of an adversary!

Lessee...Um, I'll take the PzkwIVF2s because they bring out the color of my eyes.

Lurk

Very well then black-eyes it will be!

[edited to entertain dalem]

[ December 02, 2003, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Jim Boggs ]

Originally posted by dalem:

I am in a very very bad mood today.

Entertain me.

Stress Management

Just in case you've had a rough day, here is a stress management

technique recommended in all the latest psychological texts;

it works amazingly well if you follow all the steps.

1) Picture yourself near a stream.

2) Birds are softly chirping in the crisp, cool, mountain air.

3) No one but you knows your secret place.

4) You are in total seclusion from that hectic place called "the world."

5) The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.

6) The water is crystal clear.

7) You can easily make out the face of the person you're holding under the water.

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Yet another excuse to avoid returning files.

For that, I challenge you to a CMAK duel. The scenario is Clash of Titans...

[aside]We knew it would be a bad idea to let HIM edit the briefings[/aside] </font>

Originally posted by dalem:

Entertain me.

Gaily bedight,

A gallant knight,

In sunshine and in shadow,

Had journeyed long,

Singing a song,

In search of Eldorado.

But he grew old-

This knight so bold-

And o'er his heart a shadow

Fell as he found

No spot of ground

That looked like Eldorado.

And, as his strength

Failed him at length,

He met a pilgrim shadow-

"Shadow," said he,

"Where can it be-

This land of Eldorado?"

"Over the Mountains

Of the Moon,

Down the Valley of the Shadow,

Ride, boldly ride,"

The shade replied-

"If you seek for Eldorado!"

--Edgar Allan Poe

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

Entertain me.

Stress Management

Just in case you've had a rough day, here is a stress management

technique recommended in all the latest psychological texts;

it works amazingly well if you follow all the steps.

1) Picture yourself near a stream.

2) Birds are softly chirping in the crisp, cool, mountain air.

3) No one but you knows your secret place.

4) You are in total seclusion from that hectic place called "the world."

5) The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.

6) The water is crystal clear.

7) You can easily make out the face of the person you're holding under the water. </font>

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

Entertain me.

Gaily bedight,

A gallant knight,

In sunshine and in shadow,

Had journeyed long,

Singing a song,

In search of Eldorado.

But he grew old-

This knight so bold-

And o'er his heart a shadow

Fell as he found

No spot of ground

That looked like Eldorado.

And, as his strength

Failed him at length,

He met a pilgrim shadow-

"Shadow," said he,

"Where can it be-

This land of Eldorado?"

"Over the Mountains

Of the Moon,

Down the Valley of the Shadow,

Ride, boldly ride,"

The shade replied-

"If you seek for Eldorado!"

--Edgar Allan Poe </font>

Ahhh. My mood improves. Speaking of drooling idiots, MRSPKRKRKSPRMSPRSMRPSMRKPK!!!!

I lost that other email thingie you gave because the stuff in the thing wasn't working right, or something. Repitan, por favor. I think you're the only thing I owe a turn to. Maybe Marlow, but I can't remember.