Why Bergepanzer?

Sequoia

And more specifically, a "Mountain Tank" (if such a thing had existed) would be termed a "Bergpanzer" (without the "e").

As for the derivation, the two terms have a slightly different route into modern high German, but share a very similar indogerman root word.

Gebirgspanzer. Would have been the term. Singular as in English.

Compare "Gebirgspanzeraufklärungsbataillon", a term not in use during the war but in the postwar army (only one battallion exists, belonged to the 1st Gebirgsdivision until it was dissolved, now serving with 10th armoured).

Are you really still playing CMBO Sequoia? The BFC should be sending you a silver watch.

Cheers

D

Helmut Berger was a famous German actor in the 40s and the president of the German film academy is called Senta Berger (was at least, I'm not all that updated). Had a colleague in Berlin named Roland Berger. Studied in Vienna with a French guy called Jacques Berger. There is a swedish lawyer called Magnus Berger, of some repute in Human Rights issues. Anna Berger is a moderately skilled German fencer. There are Bergers all over the place. Productive clan apparently.

So who's this Berger Berger guy Red? smile.gif

But you should know Andreas - Lotta means female soldier in Swedish (I think). So your third link in the sig will be getting a steady supply of scandinavian visitors I am sure.

Cherioops

Dandelion

Originally posted by Dandelion:

But you should know Andreas - Lotta means female soldier in Swedish (I think).

The Finnish female auxiliary force was called Lotta Svärd after the charater (IIRC a girlfriend or wife of one of the main characters) in Runebergs "Stories by Ensign Ståhl".

Lotta is a Nordic womans first name and AFAIK has no warlike connotations in itself.

Originally posted by Andreas:

BTW - any news from Mattias at your end Dandelion?

Cheers

Andreas

Saw him just the other day, hadn't seen him or heard fom him for half a year by then. He hasn't been answering letters or calls. Ran into him on the street by chance. He looked kind of pale actually, didn't seem to feel very good. Couldn't get much of an answer out of him regarding his disappearance and lack of response to any of the attempts to reach him. Asked him if he needed any help but he didn't answer. So he didn't say no either. He said he was in a hurry, and that he'd get in touch with me. But he hasn't. Not yet anyway. Rather discomforting encounter really. Can't help but thinking something is wrong. Not much I can do but wait though. He is no longer registered anywhere, impossible to find any adress or phonenumber.

Cheers

Dandelion

Originally posted by Tero:

But you should know Andreas - Lotta means female soldier in Swedish (I think).

The Finnish female auxiliary force was called Lotta Svärd after the charater (IIRC a girlfriend or wife of one of the main characters) in Runebergs "Stories by Ensign Ståhl".

Lotta is a Nordic womans first name and AFAIK has no warlike connotations in itself.

I beg to differ. This pigtail looks rather warlike smile.gif

Cheers

D

Originally posted by Andreas:

That would explain the number of hits on the site.

All the best

Andreas

Hey wait a minute. I now note you have a picture of a diorama of the battle of Midtskogen in there.

Wasn't there somebody desperately looking for a map of the Midtskogen battle some time ago? Somebody working on a mod for the norwegians as well. Wasn't it an american or canadian with danish heritage or the like? Somebody we know around here?

Cheers

Dandelion

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Andreas:

BTW - any news from Mattias at your end Dandelion?

Cheers

Andreas

Saw him just the other day, hadn't seen him or heard fom him for half a year by then. He hasn't been answering letters or calls. Ran into him on the street by chance. He looked kind of pale actually, didn't seem to feel very good. Couldn't get much of an answer out of him regarding his disappearance and lack of response to any of the attempts to reach him. Asked him if he needed any help but he didn't answer. So he didn't say no either. He said he was in a hurry, and that he'd get in touch with me. But he hasn't. Not yet anyway. Rather discomforting encounter really. Can't help but thinking something is wrong. Not much I can do but wait though. He is no longer registered anywhere, impossible to find any adress or phonenumber.

Cheers

Dandelion </font>