Will CMAK feature full battle replays?

Hi,

I've been after this feature since BO, now with disk space so cheap I hope it's under consideration. Unless there's some fundamental engine reason why it's impossible. So, does anyone know if we'll see full battle replays (i.e. multiple turns, from 1 to x) in AK or any forthcoming iterations?

Thanks.

Whoops, should add, sorry if this has been discussed to death. I did try searching.

[ October 21, 2003, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: ILikeCarrots ]

This was seriously considered for CMBB actually, but Chalres found that the current engine would need considerable work to make it possible unfortuantely, so its a no go for now.

After CMAK we are rewriting the engine and this will be one of the items at the top of our list to investiage though, Im happy to say :)

Dan

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lawngnome:

o well, I'm glad to hear there is hope for the future though!

Hmm...'lawngnome'.

I can't help but feel that I'm being mocked here somehow.

LAWNGNOME! YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE MAN! ARE YOU EYEBALLING ME, BOY?! </font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

]lol

And he missed out being one of the four hoursemen by...er, well, about 4000 posts, actually.... :D

You didn't get to be one of the Four Horsemen because of your obscene posting habits, but because you were named by the Nameless one as one of the Four.

And how did you get that nod, I might add? Because he really, really hated you. Oh, and because he was almost completely insane.

I still can't believe he didn't name me.

Despite the many hateful things he said to me, I think that secretly, deep down, he actually liked me.

Just my luck. Man, and I had a great riding outfit picked out, and everything.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lawngnome:

o well, I'm glad to hear there is hope for the future though!

Hmm...'lawngnome'.

I can't help but feel that I'm being mocked here somehow.

LAWNGNOME! YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE MAN! ARE YOU EYEBALLING ME, BOY?! </font>

Seanachai:

Oh, and because he was almost completely insane.

Despite the many hateful things he said to me, I think that secretly, deep down, he actually liked me.

i can imagine him teetering on the brink, feeling put upon by all sides. hiding his secret pain with wild accusations but, you know, keeping it all in one bag. and then the horrible thought wispers in the darkest chamber of his mind "You know, he's actually ok this Seana....AAAAARRRGGGGH."

can you imagine the self lothing? he really is more to be pitied than hated.

I hope they do more than just play the individual turns back-to-back....

How bout factoring in fog-of-war? How bout introducing the notion of "observers"?

In other words, for those of us who "like to watch", esp. when the opponents know what they're doing, let us be observers. In this mode, we get to see what both sides are doing -- without switching from one combatant to the other -- but with fog of war factored into the rendering. In other words, being omniscient, observers would see all units -- everything on both sides. However, units that aren't visible to the enemy would be somehow indicated as such using some gee-whiz patent-pending graphics... Perhaps semi-transparent, whatever.

If I actually wanna see the field from one combatant's perspective, some sorta toggle would let me do that....

And if you can make this part of a free view-only client, think of the demo & marketing opportunities. Let people watch any battle, but ya pay to play....

I'm certain I haven't thought everything through, but that's the difference between a programmer and a poster. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by GriffinCheng+:

Same goes for :

1. Full battle OOB on screen?

2. Real "horse" calavry?

3. Motorcycle units?

smile.gif

GRIFFINCHENG+, YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE MAN! ARE YOU TRYING TO TAKE THE PISS OUT, LAD?

LOOK AT ME WHEN I'M SPEAKING TO YOU, YOU BUGGER!

ARE YOU EYEBALLING ME, GRIFFINCHENG+?!

WHAT THE HELL KIND OF NAME IS 'GRIFFENCHENG+' ANYWAY, YOU (EXPLETIVE DELETED)?

DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE, YOU (EXPLETIVE DELETED), AND (EXPLETIVE DELETED), WHILE SHOVING A (EXPLETIVE DELETED) STOAT UP YOUR (EXPLETIVE DELETED), AND SINGING 'WALTZING MATILDA' WHILE (UNBELIEVABLY FOUL AND DISTURBING EXPLETIVE DELETED) DOING A TARANTELLA ON YOUR (RATHER CRINGING EXPLETIVE DELETED) NARROW (EXPLETIVE SLIGHTLY AMENDED) (OBSCENE GERUND DELETED BECAUSE OF THE KIDDIES).

YOU BUGGER!

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GriffinCheng+:

Same goes for :

1. Full battle OOB on screen?

2. Real "horse" calavry?

3. Motorcycle units?

smile.gif

GRIFFINCHENG+, YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE MAN! ARE YOU TRYING TO TAKE THE PISS OUT, LAD?

LOOK AT ME WHEN I'M SPEAKING TO YOU, YOU BUGGER!

ARE YOU EYEBALLING ME, GRIFFINCHENG+?!

WHAT THE HELL KIND OF NAME IS 'GRIFFENCHENG+' ANYWAY, YOU (EXPLETIVE DELETED)?

DON'T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE, YOU (EXPLETIVE DELETED), AND (EXPLETIVE DELETED), WHILE SHOVING A (EXPLETIVE DELETED) STOAT UP YOUR (EXPLETIVE DELETED), AND SINGING 'WALTZING MATILDA' WHILE (UNBELIEVABLY FOUL AND DISTURBING EXPLETIVE DELETED) DOING A TARANTELLA ON YOUR (RATHER CRINGING EXPLETIVE DELETED) NARROW (EXPLETIVE SLIGHTLY AMENDED) (OBSCENE GERUND DELETED BECAUSE OF THE KIDDIES).

YOU BUGGER! </font>

Originally posted by Pinetree:

Could you please keep your tiresome ramblings to your horrible little peng thread so the rest of us can talk about the game?

Ooo, sorry, Squire! Perhaps you'd like a bit more room to discuss a topic already done to death, and which BFC has already stated in this very thread will not be included in CMAK, but will have highest priority in CMX2?

bobbing, pulling forelock, and grinning like a halfwit

Will the Young Master be wanting anything before I piss off and torture meself for a bit in all due respect?

Good on 'e, Master Pinetree! It's not fer the like o' me to presume. I'm not after presumin' you understand. I knows me place, sir, and I like to think I holds me place just as well as you holds your own.

But while you're holdin' yer own, sir,and I'm after takin' my place to witness yer doin' so, could you tell me, sir, what it is I'm lookin' at?

Because, sir, what I'm seein' is you standin', straddling the world like a veritable Colossus, with yer feckin' opinion in yer hand. Beggin' yer honour's pardon, I'm sure.

Could I at least put on some sunscreen against the light shining out o' yer bum, yer honour, and could I put up an umbrella before you drench me with yer further opinions?

Do note that I said that it was high on our list to investiage, along with such things as multi-multi player, observerser, etc smile.gif ? Personally I have no idea if these things are possible or not as thats not my area, but Im guessing there is a reasonable chance that at least some are.

Alrighty, Ill lock this one up now. The origional question has been answered and I fear this thread may slide downhill shortly.

Dan

[ October 24, 2003, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]