Well, you wouldn't need a keyboard or mouse.. you could use a keypad instead, although it would be very clunky.

And PS2's these days HAVE internet connections.. so it's very possible.

The benefit to going PS2 way is that everyman and his dog has one.

The down side is that everyone who uses a PC [including myself] would hate you. Don't make us hate you Battlefront tongue.gif

Originally posted by Ralph Beaman:

Im a dork, i guess i was not thinking clearly when i posted the question.

No, I'm a dork...

And it wasn't a stupid question. But I don't think that the PS2 would be powerful enough to do a good job with CM. Also you'd have to wonder about just how big of a market it would have.

Also certain computer games are really poor when moved over to consoles. Anyone ever play C&C on a Playstation? Not good at all.

The PS2 does have a keyboard and mouse, I never seen it used though. It is getting a hard drive this x-mas too. With that said, pc ports to console do not turn out good, at best it would be a "cm lite". But then again the consoles have no problem porting or creating 1st person shooters. I don't how you play those without a pc, and I don't enjoy using the console controllers, but others find it just right.

Also, there is no way a console is going to out look a pc, so if some think that cm is ugly? then wait until you see it on a console.

There were a flurry of PS2/XBox related questions in regards to CMBB some time ago. I think the answer back then boiled down to – if CM went over to the mass-marketing darkside they'd find themselves being given a fraction of the profits in return, plus a soulless multinattional conglomerate would have legal control over their hard labors.

Do you think Sony would be about to issue a free CMAK V1.02 patch if they were in charge?

i think people who sit down in front of a computer to play a game have different expectations of people who sit in front of a TV.

i.e. Halo & Splinter Cell. i tried both on my friends xBox & apart from thinking "i wish Halo had a mouse" i liked them enough to buy them when they came out on the PC.

and guess what - i don't enjoy either of them much. i finished Halo & though "meh". Splinter Cell is there still installed & i pick it up every now & again. but they don't involve me as much as they indicated they would.

and i feel the difference is because you can kind of play console games in the background. great when you go over to a mates & shout direction with beer, don't get me wrong but generally they're for relaxing with.

PC games on the other hand i have to make an effort to play. i.e. sit in a special place, make the noisy thing come on and then get completely wrapped up in it.

i've spent 20 mins plotting CMBB moves in a TCP/IP game with no conception of time passing. my opponent thought i'd gone off (in the Onion Wars - sorry Dweezil) but actually i was at level 1 checking LOS & plotting waypoints.

i feel with a console, they do not encourage that *type* of concentration & therefore CM would not suit it. control issues aside.