**ALL Your U.S. Shermans are Now modded!!**

I finished-off the last of 'em... and then some!

- Sherman M4 (early)

- Sherman M4 (105)

- Sherman M4A1 76mm

- Sherman M4A1 76mm HVSS

-Sherman M4A1 (early) "Kassarine Pass" markings

That's the lot of 'em. All the U.S. Shermans in the game. I was most frightened about tackling those 76mm gun M4A1s but they turned out better than expected.

As an extra for you desert war fans, I extensively revised my earlier M4A1 (early) mod into a N.A. theater vehicle. with the white stripe around the turret and very early production M4 suspension units.

Here's the cmmods.com screenshots:

Sherman M4A1 76 HVSS

Sherman M4A1 76

Sherman M4A1 (early) "Kassarine Pass"

Sherman M4 (105) ...prototype?

Sherman M4 (early)

MikeyD,

Ran across these at CMMODs prior to your post, they look aimply awesome. This series has improved the look of the American forces by light years. Thank you again for all the hard work.

Now go get them Limey tanks!

Junk2Drive,

My turn will be a little late this afternoon, got some downloading to do.

DavidI

I figured it was THEIR Shermans that made some people NOT want to buy CMAK! ;)

My one quibble with CM design philosophy is if they only had expended the resources (spent the money, taken the time) to produce more believable default T34s, Shermans, and PzIVs I suspect they would've more than made up the expense with increased sales based on the added 'eye candy'.

But hey, wishing a small design house had the same resources as a big design house won't make it so. It took a little doing but the T34s, Shermans and PzIVs look okay now.

Thank you for these excellent mods. You make a very good point about the CM defaults being poor by comparison but then again if they have compelled you(and many others)to produce some outstanding enhancements(which you have)I ain't complaining!

Cheers

Guest ExplodingMonkey

I didn't want to buy CMAK because I felt it was more of the same, just in a different theater.

I still feel that way, but your mods make me want to reconsider now. ;)

A LOT of people bought CMAK because they SAW it as CMBO redux, with the inital game engine's oddities corrected. The main selling point was that it was indeed 'more of the same but different'! I expect actual desert battles are a fraction of CMAK's gameplay... unless you've got a hankerin' to play with Lees and Grants, which are a hoot.

My next mods? Y'know, Brit Shermans in the ETO were famous for being covered to an absurd degree with spare track links. Sorta sounds like fun to attempt!

Yes it would. Some of them are funny when it comes to the tracks though. I applied MikeyDs lower side hull to them (to help with the looks and man did it help), but some have need parts doubled, its interesting. Hope they look as good as these great mods.

"...but some have need parts"

Yeh, I know what you mean (despite that extra word ;) ).

Only the tanks with applique armor have separate hull side bmps. Things get even more complicated with the M4A1! So if you want to do any Brit vehicle art swapping you've got to pay particularly close attention to what 's getting swapped with what ...and the diesel Sherman & composite hulls haven't even been modded yet!

Mikey,

I seem to have the same problem as Junk with the decals for the M4A1 - 75 (now that I have it loaded properly). I have the decal folder, but when I put the decalled BMP's in they don't show up in game. Strange really. I will work some more on it when I get home.

DavidI