Your favorite WWII Tank and why..

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm i have 2 go with the tiger, although i cant stand the germans havin better tanks than us brits, but this tank really does rule the battlefield. i mean theres nt a betta feelin than wen ur army is dwn and out 2 see a group of tigers cumin over the hill 2 save the day, i cant help but have a smile and whistle the great escape theme.

The Tiger is my favorite.

An awesome killing machine at ranges that very few allied tanks can match, plus plenty of protection for the crew.

The Panther is also a top gun. Very fast and very lethal. Hull down it is a huge threat.

The MKIV is the backbone. Underrated, but can be a big surprised when used right.

Of the Allied tanks, only the Firefly and Pershing can put real fear into the heart of the German opponents.

Tiger does it for me, for all the 'cosmetic' effects.

lit has it's own unique 'clanking' Sfx running gear...

It looks like a MBT, squat, powerful, nothing like those biscuit tin allied thingys.

Oh,....and we all know what happens when its seriously stalking prey :D

love the all 34's, fast sleds them smile.gif

StuG IIIF/8. Small, powerful, accurate, nigh-on indestructible from range. Its accuracy is sickening.

On the Soviet front, definitely the T-34/85.

On the western Allies front, it's hard to argue with the Churchill but I will. Matilda II. You might call it the original Churchill VII. Overarmored, undergunned, and nothing but an 88 could touch it during its prime smile.gif

Panther tank. It was produced in large enough numbers that it does not feel gamey to me to use it. It is my "favorite", as the title of the topic notes, which does not necessarily mean it is the most powerful. I feel if I cannot use Panther tanks well, I shouldn't consider myself a real CM player.

I have a soft spot for the Mk-IV tanks, also--feel as though they need to be handled intelligently to get the most out of them, and that they should be the real back-bone of a German armor push.

I could never really get excited about any of the Allied tanks--not sure why. I consider that a weakness--I should learn to love the Sherman. But I have stuck in my head that Allied power was mostly artillery power.

Actually, make that American/English tanks. When I get CMBB, I am looking forward to the T-34/85.

i agree with not 'feeling' for the british /american tanks.one panther always seems the equivalent of several sherman 75's.

(the tiger and panther tanks perhaps , should of been the turning point for the German retreat on the Russian Front.but hitlers impatience in completing the new tanks ended up sending them in early, with substantial uneccesary losses-panthers without machine guns could only take pot shots at infantry with their main gun)