Jeff Weatherspoon's Tutorial-Awesome!

I tell you what, this scenario is FUN!!!

Just for kicks, I played this, and let me tell you, if this doesn't motivate a new player to want more CMAK, then he does not get off on pure adreneline rushes!!!

The set-up demonstrates clearly the effects of terrain, and how one can remain hidden in seemingly wide-open spaces. The usage of Indirect fire and it's terrific hitting power is amply demonstrated. (Try playing the scenario without using the mortar!)

The mad dash to the radio tower was incredible, you could FEEL the excitement as you sped across the open ground, the building looming larger and larger, as your MG's fired at the Italian sand-bag positions.

TOO MUCH!!!!!!

Congratulations to Jeff for a great and fun scenario and to Battlefront for using this scenario for the tutorial.

Originally posted by jwxspoon:

Panther Commander - I have two new ones, Well of Souls and Murphy's Law, that will be released with an upcoming Boots & Tracks pack.

But if you like, email me at jwxspoon@combatmission.com and I will send it to you.

jw

We are PBEM'ing Well of Souls would you like an AAR when we are finished?

Panther Commander

Originally posted by jwxspoon:

Panther Commander - an AAR would be great. Hope you enjoy it.

jw

You have one coming.

We are a couple of turns into the fight. This is my favorite type of fight a Meeting Engagement.

After WWII the Soviets did a very prolonged and in depth study of combat. They determined that almost half of all combats were meeting engagements. That seems high when you consider the amount of prepared assaults that had to have been done. Anyway it wasn't my study it was theirs...<G>

The Russians defined a Meeting Engagement as, "at least one of the combatants meeting his opponent in an unexpected manner."

They produced an offensive doctrine from that study that applies specifically to meeting engagements.

All of that is very nice and has little relevence,except that having studied the Soviet art of war in the service, it is interesting to see how it works in application. The Russian studies were very detailed and their tactics for deployment off the move very refined. They were also still the textbook answer style from WWII.

Anyway an AAR is coming.

Panther Commander