We Don't Need No Stinking Messiah's In the Peng Challenge Thread

Originally posted by Stuka:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

Duck tape, duct tape, feh.

All us right thinking folk buy the 100 mph tape.

Or us we in the more civilised 1st world countries might call it...

160 kph tape. </font>

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stuka:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

Duck tape, duct tape, feh.

All us right thinking folk buy the 100 mph tape.

Or us we in the more civilised 1st world countries might call it...

160 kph tape. </font>

Originally posted by Sergei:

Keep in mind that the only possessions that Emrys has accumulated during his lifetime are his STD's, so getting intimate with him would be the only way to inherit.

I had a friend who had a '67 STD. Metalflake blue with a 350 under the hood.

Suh-weet!

Now what the feck is happening err NOW?

From Peng’s Poem Thread to Pengs imperial versus metric debate?

Here’s a fecking measurement for you all…

I’ve had enough of ‘sod all, shandy drinking, cherry boy Seanachai’ getting all the limelight in this old Commonwealth nonsense… who does he think he bloody well is?

We ALL fecking hate Commonwealthers!

This here bloody thread began because of some fecking tish tosh over whether 'treacherous not proper brits' were any better than 'stupidly loyal not proper brits'!

Why is any other thread needed?

[ March 29, 2005, 11:01 AM: Message edited by: Sir 37mm ]

Originally posted by Sir smallbore:

Now what the feck is happening err NOW?

I’ve had enough of ‘sod all, shandy drinking, cherry boy Seanachai’ getting all the limelight in this old Commonwealth nonsense… who does he think he bloody well is?

This seems appropiate. From the past, when our Bard was accused and tried, and found guilty of recruiting on the Outerboards.

Long ago posted by Seanachai:

People of the Peng Challenge, I come before you tonight a man much puzzled, much tried, a man, in a word, with much on his mind. Now, for many of you I know that last is a state you will never achieve. You will never suffer the stress of a multitude of thoughts competing for your attention, nor the viscitudes of having to weigh one thought against another, as the scale of your intellect has only one arm, and 'mental balance' means to many of you 'thinking very hard about the best way to walk home dead drunk without falling over'.

Now, since my all but complete exoneration by that pillar of the Peng Challenge Community, the Brehon judge, Lorak the Loathed, I have felt pride over my vindication, and yet have heard the rumblings of doubt from amongst the folk.

These rumblings have touched my consciousness. I am a sensitive man. And I am a man with a sense of duty. For my part in the Peng Challenge, I look upon most of you as the children I was never given the responsibility for of drowning at birth. And I feel that responsibility keenly.

So, I have spent many an evening, lately, reviewing my actions towards all of you, and my duties within the glory that is the Peng Challenge Thread. My doubts and self analysis have been spurred on by a recent encounter on the Outer Boards, where a great many utterly useless ****es were debating a topic that you'd have thought even a goddamn hyaena wouldn't have the stomach to return to for another nibble, and I latched upon a lad whose views I thought vulgar and vulnerable, and proceeded to lash him about the head and shoulders with my swagger stick (Good Christ, Bauhaus, don't just sit down, crawl under the desk, you monster! That's simply not on, nor what I meant at all, and not even possible, you troubled little toad!)

His name among us on the forum is R_Leet. Yes, I know it's an awful, useless monicker. But the point I wish to make is, that he was a right good lad, and emailed me to point out what a vicious old bastard I'd been, and to point out the fact that we were, in fact, in complete agreeement. And he did it in such a very nice way, that it was more hideously effective than if he'd called me horrible names, thrown battery acid on me at a picnic, and spat upon me in front of reporters.

Besides filling me with a desire to find out where he lived and have a go at sniping at him and any available family members through unshaded windows, he made me re-evaluate my actions concerning inviting Grogs, even if a very specific and acceptable group of Grogs, on to this sceptered pool of Cess. Because he was an Outer Boarder, you see, and such a jolly nice fellow.

And I still maintain that what I did was right, and just, and I would do it again. But one thing was said, that needs addressing. And it is a statement by Shaw:

for Seanachai would understand, that the CessPool is a community and NOT a dictatorship ruled by any one person.

And Joe, Old Foul Joe, is completely correct. And I apply his logic to my own actions, when, in an anarchistic moment of bonhommie, or, perhaps, a fit of dictatorial and vulgar heresy, or, as some would maintain, a fit of drunkness bordering on the danger of aspirating vomit, I made my way to the Winecape 'Invitational Tournament of Stars', and invited in the Grogs and Tournament players.

Who shall judge?

A moment of personal dictatorship, where one man strode forward (tripping and singing a bit under his breath), and cast aside traditions and rules in order to invite Grogs and Tournament Players into the Mother Beautiful Thread? The desires of all other members cast aside in a furious moment of personal hubris and megalomania?

Or, perhaps, a moment of glorious freedom and high jest, when an unkempt, white-haired, half-mad dwarf (tripping and singing a bit under his breath), wandered into a Grog Tournament, and, spinning wildly in a circle and laughing, exclaimed 'everyone welcome! Come in, come in, the party is about to begin! Hurry, hurry, bring a thunderstorm, the barometer is falling!'

Or just a sad, aging drunk (tripping and singing a bit under his breath), stumbling into a gathering of people focused on serious business, and mumbling half understood promises of status in an outlaw gathering of questionable ancestry to those most likely to smile politely and laugh dismissively while phoning the police?

But Shaw, Joe Shaw, has led me to these questions. Because, although he is pompous, and a pontificator, and in danger of pointing out one too many times the mote in another's eye, yet he is a True Friend of the Peng Challenge Thread.

And so, I shall make my obesience, and I shall do a bit of the scrape and bow, and I shall, this night, go before Peng, Father Confessor of the Peng Challenge Thread, and I shall tell him what was truly in my heart when I went to the Winecape 'Invitational Tournament of Stars', and invited in the Tournament Grogs.

And, having been Accused by Shaw, Reviled by all, Judged by Lorak, and Confessed to Peng (Lorak, mark it! A new distinction that must be added to the roster: Confessed to Peng!), I know that ultimately, my journey with Peng and Berli into the Wasteland, half mad, mostly drunk, and vulgar in the way that only the truly noble can be vulgar, will lead me to the fate that I deserve.

I'm almost certain this means an eternity of scenarios designed by Berli, Rune, and Goanna, played against all of you.

By Berli's Gut, May the Ale Hold Out, Bring It On!

And when that lad, R_Leet shows up, the bastard's mine. Such a nice young fellow. I'm almost certain Berli told me you need at least six Squires to get a corner office in the Abyss. Hmm, Hiram, Panzer Leader, Mr Spkr, and...R_Leet. I wonder if I can get extra credit for Panzer Leader. The lad's been a trial to me, and no mistake. But he's a good lad. Not very bright, but a good lad, nevertheless.

If only he'd learn...

Originally posted by rleete:

snipped for reasons of taste

You know I’ve been reading many, many posts from MBT’s past (indeed I may write a history on the Civil war [which one you all ask] for the TRUE Justicar’s [when will the feckwit return? A justicar without danglies has been a most terrible departure from good form] righteous & Messiah blessed website) and I’ve been wondering what if they’re all lost?

Should we not try to archive them ALL?

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

I could really go for some smoked gruyere right about now.

For a moment, that looked to me like "smoked gyrene" and I was worried about you.

But if you're going to have such a fine cheese, you need smoked salmon to go with it, dontchaknow.

And then you take some walnuts or even toasted almonds, put all three in a blender and add a bit of dijon, then you have a lovely spread or dip.

Oh my...the creative juices are flowing now...must go create delicacies in the kitchen. 'Scuse please...

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

You were going to say something else, perhaps, 37mm?

Only that you’ve shot my fecking cilice belt!

I expect either a new one OR a damn good thrashing soon!

Originally posted by v42below:

Just thought I'd mention how much I like the title.

Well that’s good because we all know just how much pleasure is lacking in the ‘life’ of a little piss drenched, skirt wearing, girlie freak like yourself… any good that the cesspool can provide… is err… good that should’ve been provided by someone else so SOD OFF!!!