Yummy Yummy Yummy, I've Got the Peng Challenge in My Tummy!

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 86smopuim:

given up on feifdom, too busy. but every once or three I drop in and buy grains at 100 from

:mad: Sgt. Viljuri :mad:

I say we prop him up. buy his grain, sell him your lumber/irons at ten, then buy more grain with the money he spent on the irons.

BFC must win.

The needs of the one out weigh the needs of the many

There are RULES here lad, and among those rules is that anyone who wants any form of attention, be it good or ill, must have an email address and general location in their profile.</font>

Huh !!!

Smope you can't speak to Joe like that... can you ?

Now what to do....

Hmmmm.... as Queen of the Peng Challenge Thread I must abide by the Justicar , and if he says ignore you then I must do just that....

But.......... As Duchess LilyDeSade over at fiefdom, then I am all for helping out the Sgt, as are our alliance.

Our armies and resources are at his command.....

Originally posted by Kobal2:

@stickysumtink : Sadly, our own scum has learnt much from your lawyers...

Have lad, HAVE learnt ....

And being a French bugger, you shouldn't neglect the U in words such as honour...

Tst, your fellow Frenchies will be ashamed of you.

Originally posted by YK2:

Huh !!!

Smope you can't speak to Joe like that... can you ?

Now what to do....

Hmmmm.... as Queen of the Peng Challenge Thread I must abide by the Justicar , and if he says ignore you then I must do just that....

But.......... As Duchess LilyDeSade over at fiefdom, then I am all for helping out the Sgt, as are our alliance.

Our armies and resources are at his command.....

My fair queen don't you ever sleep?

Aye I do Stikky ...

It's morning here now.

I left the alliance around 2am and was back by 6am, just 2 hours short of my usual nights sleep.

And you Stikky... glad you could join us, you're doing a fine job laddie.....

I must think of a new title for you when the fief is over...

Of course, I expect Joe will need to be informed, you know how he hates Fief business mixed in with the Peng ..

Leave it with me....

P.S.

Very quiet over there.........

Starts humming her sig tune

@YK2 : isn't that one of those words that's spelt differently depending on which side of the Atlantic it's written ? The game's called "Medal of Honor", innit ?

Or maybe there's some context in which to use "honor" instead of "honour" and vice versa, in which case, bugger the lot of you, at least in French there's only one way to write a stupid word ! (albeit completely non-depending of any kind of rule whatsoever (I firmly believe French was designed on the sole purpose of confusing foreigners and children alike. The use of it as a language is purely anecdotical, if not coincidental.))

On the other hand, considering the way most of my fellow Frenchmen speak (and write) English, you should be bloody happy for the luck you have, to have been invaded by me. At least *I*'m remotely comprehensible. Or rather, make an effort toward that goal.

Tst, your fellow Frenchies will be ashamed of you
Mind you, they didn't wait until I made a couple of syntaxic blunders on some remote grog-owned forum to be ashamed of me. I don't eat cheese NOR drink wine, for starters. That's tantamount to felony, if not outright treason.

Ohhhhhh he owns a dictionary, and a thesaurus!!

I must admit, you're pretty comprehensible for a Frenchy, but you're by no means anywhere near the best...

Where's the slang, where's the finesse where's the U !!!

You're much too neat, and it's very obvious you are indeed a foreigner of sorts..

I mean sheesh, you use a thesuarus to find words that have no humour attached, and you try much too hard to get it right..

Still, you're making a good effort, and if you just remember to add that little U where it belongs, then people won't compare you to being one of them there merikans...

I don't eat cheese
Nothing surprising there!!!

Come back PawBroon, the clock is still ticking!!

BTW Kodak...

Welcome to the MBT .. may all your battles be happy ones!

Originally posted by dalem:

Cracker Jack.

Fiddle Faddle.

Crunch & Munch.

Poppycock.

Screaming Yellow Zonkers.

That's right, five separate brands of caramel-coated popcorn snacks. Deal with it.

Screaming Yellow Zonkers! Yum!

Thesaurus ? What's that ? It's just the way I speak/write when thinking in French, then trying to translate my words in English. Honest.

But you do have a point : teachers always told me how to speak proper, uperclass posh BBC-style English, and never what real English was supposed to be, and sadly I've never been abroad enough to have a good culture of sayings, expressions, slang etc... I mean, I understand them when I read/hear them, but they just don't pop into my head spontaneously, unless I've been reading/speaking English long enough to start *thinking* in English.

(Which happens, mostly when abroad, but even back here in France, especially when spending the night reading that-last-Pratchett-that-won't-be-translated-in-French-for-another-year, and believe me you feel mighty odd when you can't find your words in your own language afterwards...Just imagine the looks your friends give you when you tell them (in French) "wait wait, I've got it on the tip of me tongue, I know the English word, let me think...")

Oh, and thanks for the welcome, you patronizing limey crone !

[ June 06, 2004, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: Kobal2 ]

Originally posted by Kobal2:

All right, this is the absolute limit.

Daft old men giving in-extenso tales of their wet dreams... If this gets any worse, I'll have to call for an Emergency Sanitation of all people involved. Sanitation via Flamethrower.

Oh dear!!!

Now, there's a perfect example of what I mean.

Daft is good, Old is even better, but using them both simultaneously (at the same time) saves you on the dictionary, is not the way to speak to an Olde one!!

Also if you replace in-extenso, with say picturesque, then your post would be more in line of describing something written by The Bard ...

Just a thought..

(PS : as to my battles being happy, they'd probably be happier if Lars didn't insist on setting his mails in stone with a toothpick before sending them. I swear he does. That, or his emails are actually airmailed to my provider.)

Time for a sing song..

In honoUr of the three Olde Ones ..

-----------------------------------------------

Sunny Afternoon (Ray Davies)

The tax man's taken all my dough,

And left me in my stately home,

Lazing on a sunny afternoon.

And I can't sail my yacht,

He's taken everything I've got,

All I've got's this sunny afternoon.

Save me, save me, save me from this squeeze.

I got a big fat mama trying to break me.

And I love to live so pleasantly,

Live this life of luxury,

In the summertime

In the summertime

In the summertime

My girlfriend's run off with my car,

And gone back to her ma and pa,

Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty.

Now I'm sitting here,

Sipping at my ice cold beer,

Help me, help me, help me sail away,

Well give me two good reasons why I oughta stay.

'Cause I love to live so pleasantly,

In the summertime

In the summertime

In the summertime

Ah, save me, save me, save me from this squeeze.

In the summertime

In the summertime

In the summertime

In the summertime

In the summertime

Edited for fear of being sued by Mr Kinky!!

[ June 06, 2004, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: YK2 ]

Originally posted by YK2:

Time for a sing song..

In honoUr of the three Olde Ones ..

------------------------------------------------

The tax man's taken all my dough,

And left me in my stately home,

And I can't sail my yacht,

He's taken everything I've got,

All I've got's this sunny afternoon.

Save me, save me, save me from this squeeze.

In the summertime

In the summertime

In the summertime

My girlfriend's run off with my car,

And gone back to her ma and pa,

Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty.

Now I'm sitting here,

Sipping at my ice cold beer,

Help me, help me, help me sail away,

Well give me two good reasons why I oughta stay.

'Cause I love to live so pleasantly,

In the summertime

In the summertime

In the summertime

Ah, save me, save me, save me from this squeeze.

In the summertime

In the summertime

In the summertime

In the summertime

In the summertime

Due to your failure to properly attribute the source of this wonderful song, Ray Davies has hired me to sue you for all your worth. How much do ya have?

Will Fiefdom ever end?

Lars that must have been some hangover you had...

When you finally crawl out from under shari's duvet, don't forget there's a final battle to be fought!!

BTW... Lars should be renamed Carnagie!!

Originally posted by Elvis:

Dear Lawyer,

While I must admit to not understanding the accommodations that your backwater hillbilly dealership provides I do agree that we can do more to make the customer experience more friendly.

After almost 14 years I have recently moved to a new dealership and have suggested that we do several things to make servicing customers cars more fun. The only suggestion that has been employed is that all of our customers now get a "happy ending". That is what happens when you move into the high end world of Acura.

Love,

Elvis

Ummm... Is that "happy ending" a front end job or a rear end job? Does it require that the customer bend over or get down on his or her knees?

Geez, what degradation will they think of next?

Originally posted by Lawyer:

Due to your failure to properly attribute the source of this wonderful song, Ray Davies has hired me to sue you for all your worth. How much do ya have?

Well over the last few days I've been spending money like there is no tomorrow (nothing new there) I also have dozens of I.O.U, blah blah blah amounts to pay, so you'll have to get in the queue..

Then again Lawyer ..

If you don't mind accepting payment in grain, I may just be able to scratch you off my list!

Dear Kobal2,

"Happy ending" as I have been using it may be an expression only used in the U.S....heck for all I know it may only be used in the Northeastern U.S.

Love,

Elvis

P.S. I hope you're enjoying your visit from the idiot son of an asshole who is running this country. I, for one, am glad to see him out of here for a few days.

http://www.punkvoter.com/anim/anim-idiot.html

Happy Birthday Dame Kitty.

Kobal2 (spelt but not bolded) I am pleased with your progress lad ... if Lars would just hold up HIS end of the bargain and send some turns we could get the AARs over with and make some determination as to your future worth to the CessPool. I know, I know, you've been posting here, you show some promise but rules are rules lad and nothing less than that ... of course they're nothing MORE than that either.

Hang in there, your day will come and you may then rightfully claim the title of Squire of the Shavian House ... easy lad, easy, there's no crying in the CessPool.

Joe

p.s. Elvis, while I can't say that I disagree with your point, let's keep the politics out of the MBT shall we? Surely WE have enough cause to despise each other without dragging the GF nonsense in here ... I know that I despise YOU for example and we likely agree on politics.

[ June 06, 2004, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

Happy Birthday, Kitty!

On a historical note, while watching one of the D-Day stories on TV this morning, and they showed a museum with a restored Mike Boat, with the numbers PA33-21. It was from the USS Bayfield, a ship I was on in 1967. Check link below, this tub had some history before it was scrapped in 1969.

USS Bayfield APA33