sharpshooter kills in demo

I was playing as axis in the demo scenario Line of Defense. (Very nice scenario BTW!) At the end after the FOW had been lifted, my sharpshooter had 0 kills. However during the game, I distinctly heard the cry of agony as his shots took out at least 5 enemy TCs. Is this a bug in the demo, or do the TCs sometimes cry out in pain when the button up even if they aren't hit?

I thought that CMBO had the fog of war problem even with the after game casualty stats, but that it was fixed in CMBB. I wonder if it's back in the CMAK demo, at least in part. (I checked the crews and all were missing men. On the other hand, most of them met a firey death at the hands of my Tiger, so it's hard to say whether it's from the sharpshooter or not.)

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Here's a question I should know already.

When you've got a unit with 2 killed and 3 wounded do those wounded casualties get credited to the opponent, or do the men have to be 'killed' outright? That might be your sharpshooter's problem, just grazed the TC.

Just ran a small test using an axis arty spotter firing on a US platoon. After 10 turns the platoon surrendered, with 44 total casualties, 9 of which were listed as dead. The spotter showed 44 kills to his credit, so it counts both KIA and wounded.

I think this also answers Emry's question on kills being credited only if they are observable. The spotter in question was positioned behind a hill, and never had LOS to the US platoon.

BTW, just for kicks I ran another test with an Elite sharpshooter firing on 4 conscript shermans. 4 shots were fired, each one triggering a "I'm hit" sound from the TCs. The Sharpshooter's kill screen showed 0 credits.

Correct, the crews only count if they actually show up on the map.

Assume a Pak40 shooting at a Sherman (5 man crew). The tank gets KO'd, and 3 guys manage to bail out. The Pak40 would get credit for one tank and 2 infantry casualties. But, if the tank was to explode and everyone on board dies, then the Pak40 only gets credit for the tank. This is because the crew graphic never showed up on the map.

Originally posted by TheVulture:

So presumably the sharpshooter can get his TC kills registered only if the tank is then taken out and some of the crew survive and bail out.

Perhaps, but only if the sharpshooter is soley responsible for the crew bailing out, and that is a difficult incident to recreate.

Just ran another couple of tests to see if I could get a vehicle crew to bail after losing a crewman to a SS. One Elite British SS vs 4 conscript Italian tankettes (2 man crew). All 4 tankette TCs were hit, but the driver stayed inside the vehicles, so that test was a bust. Again, no credits to the SS for any kills.

I then tried 4 Brit uni carriers (1 man crew) vs an Italian SS. All 4 were taken out, and the SS was credited with 4 vehicles (no infantry).

Finally, I repeated the second test, but with 4 bren carriers (2 man crew) and added an Italian 75mm AA gun. The gun was set to hide, and the SS proceeded to pick off the gunner of each Bren (even though the graphic showed the driver being taken out). I then unhid the gun, and he took out all 4 vehicles. 2 of those vehicles were brewups, with no crew bailing out, while the other 2 kills produced a crew.

The SS credit - 0. The guns - 4 vehicles + 2 infantry casualties.