Peng to the left of me, Peng to the right of me, Challenge in front of me...

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Show her some colored stones why don't you?

A flawless, 6mm x 8mm emerald will only set you back a couple K.

Better yet, have Boo create some semi-precious stone ring for her. Much cheaper, and would have the special cachet of being a paw-crafted native artifact, a sterling example of Cesspool craftsmanship.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

Not that ninny-French of yours.

What do you mean? The Quebecois? You Belgians are a very imprecise people...

Besides which, aren't Belgians simply faux-French? You know, Frenchmen with a thin veneer of respectability applied...

Originally posted by Lars:

Have you seen the prices of wedding rings lately?

"But honey, diamonds are always flawed while cubic zirconium are always perfect!"

Yeah, right, that'll fly...

Diamonds, Rubies, Emeralds, Cubic Zs..... I will never understand why showing that you "love" someone has to involve buying the most expensive ring in the shop....

At the end of the day it's a ring, and no matter how gorgeous or expensive it may be it isn't going to keep you warm at night....

You want a real diamond rather than a Cubic Z then it doesn't have to cost a fortune..

Then again Lars if you CAN afford a huge diamond without breaking the bank, and you know it's what Shari really wants then I wouldn't want to be in your shoes should you go down the cheaper route...

BTW... Congratulations to you both, it's aboot time someone made an honest man of you..

Originally posted by **YK2**:

Then again Lars if you CAN afford a huge diamond without breaking the bank, and you know it's what Shari really wants then I wouldn't want to be in your shoes should you go down the cheaper route...

This is wrong-headed thinking. Monies not spent on ridiculously expensive gemstone rings may more properly be employed entertaining the Minnesota Miscreants.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by **YK2**:

This is wrong-headed thinking. </font>

Shari is too fine a person to want to selfishly indulge herself by making Lars buy her expensive diamond rings, instead of spending the money on making sure Dalem, Papa Khann and myself never have a sober moment in which we are not eating barbecue while trolling the lake this summer.

Hold out, Lars. Soon her finer instincts will come to the fore, and she will tell you: "No, honey! No silly diamond for me! Put the money into a special 'entertaining Seanachai and Company' account at the bank..."

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

Is this going to mean I have to start calling Chris "Mister Shari"?

That or 'Shari's husband, whatshisname'. </font>

Let's just say the woman now has a perfectly good sailboat on her finger.

Well, Plan B, then.

We sit back and wait for her to divorce you, then encourage her to sell the ring for a month of non-stopping partying to 'help her forget'...

Have you seen the prices of wedding rings lately?

"But honey, diamonds are always flawed while cubic zirconium are always perfect!"

Yeah, right, that'll fly...

I got lucky - my lady is paranoid about getting mugged (in NZ! I mean come on!) if she wears something too shiny on her finger. So we settled on a cognac diamond (when I heard the name, I was sold), which cost about 1/3 the price of a similar size normal diamond. We could then spend more money on getting a ring custom made for the stone.

'help her forget'...

When ‘dealing’ with anyone loony enough to marry Lars isn’t half the problem getting them to forget?

I.e. No love you're not Napoleon Bonaparte’s first uncle nor are you an inflatable shark and I can quite honestly say that you ain’t being persecuted by ‘flamboyant Jews’ etc, etc...

Here in Minnesota, wealth is judged in terms of boats.

A man who can adorn his woman with a fine boat is much respected in the community.

In fact, a recent offer made for the Minnesota Vikings had to be 'translated' into dollars for the newspapers, as the original offer was in terms of 'thousands of boats'...

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Let's order a bunch of pizzas, hookers and fruit baskets and send them to his room.

Just make sure you order enough for two of us.

Mace </font>

Can you still take your truck out and drive drunk on a frozen lake?

I can.

No cops, no roads, just miles and miles of ice, a twelve pack, and whipping a series of endless donuts till you hurl.

Really, you Aussies are missing out. Minnesota is practically made for you. [/QB]

Arrange me a 'plane ticket ole buddy and I'm THERE!

Soon her finer instincts will come to the fore, and she will tell you: "No, honey! No silly diamond for me! Put the money into a special 'entertaining Seanachai and Company' account at the bank..."

Don't forget the Aussie contingent, someone needs to show you girlie-men how to drink beer.