CMAK Modders please read

I don't know if others agree but it would be great if the CMAK modding community had a go at producing mods for a number of Italian campaign allied vehicles that seem to have been ignored or virtually ignored from the outset. I am sure that my list is not exhaustive but the ones I think need "the treatment" are

1. Churchill tanks (all)

2. Commonwealth truck

3. Sexton

4. Bren carriers (all)

5. Archer

6. Humber scout car and Humber III LRC

They are all Commonwealth vehicles. I think every US and German vehicle has at least one mod - many have several.

Cheers

Yeh, I plead guilty.

The default Churchill tanks in-game are already half mine but could of course use a major overhaul. I threw a new set of running gear onto the Archer on my machine - but since I NEVER EVER see it in-game I had forgot all about it. The Sexton was 'Next on my list' when i redid the Priests but I simply ran out of steam on the project.

Currently my eyes are crossing from fatigue from a non-CM project (yes, life outside of CM!) that's been sapping my time and energy lately. for someone who's unambitious I seem to work myself awfully hard sometimes! :rolleyes:

MikeyD, you may plead guilty only to being an outstanding contributor on the modding front. I agree that the Archer is a rare and plug ugly ass backwards kind of beast but it does eat Panthers and Tigers when it appears. OTOH some of the other vehicles David I and I have mentioned appear all the time and look just plain poor when lined up against everything else which has been modded by you and others to a standard completely unrecognisable from the originals.

Cheers

Originally posted by Nick Legh:

I don't know if others agree but it would be great if the CMAK modding community had a go at producing mods for a number of Italian campaign allied vehicles that seem to have been ignored or virtually ignored from the outset. I am sure that my list is not exhaustive but the ones I think need "the treatment" are

1. Churchill tanks (all)

2. Commonwealth truck

3. Sexton

4. Bren carriers (all)

5. Archer

6. Humber scout car and Humber III LRC

They are all Commonwealth vehicles. I think every US and German vehicle has at least one mod - many have several.

Cheers

Pff who cares about Italy when one the UKs and in fact he desert wars most iconic tank - the Crusader has been touched by alas only one mod and that was for the MK II.

tongue.gif

I was playing a desert early war game yesterday and realised that I would like a mod for the dust clouds! There are two kinds, the basic compatible one that is ok but very very dense and the other which I would like modded which is the high quality one which is almost invisible. Could it be made thicker and at least visible. Or is this something to do with my ATI card which does not show fog?

cheers

I think the problem is (and I say again THINK) that these were all modded before the big crash at cmmods. These mods are out there on people's machines they just don't to or don't have the time to upload them at cmmods.

I have been modding my games units by unit and sometimes I am especially amazed when I come across a unit with NO MOD AT ALL.

With respect to he argument that some units are not ever seen in game, I have seen a lot of archers in game. Because I buy in QB's, makes it heck of a lot easier to move a 17 pounder around even if it is assbackwards, now about then showingup in scenarios or operations...... I have no idea.

Just the second I was modding the German artillery for CMBB. Tons of holes. You would expect at least every unit would have a winter mod, nope.

Take for instance the archer, it is listed n wicky's mod pack, but it isn't in there. No winter mod for the archer, I DLed it for a second time to make sure I didn't misplace it. Nope not in the pack, might be now. But I have not checked.

And yes the churchills, as per a request a couple of months ago need an overhaul. They are my favorite Allied tanks because they actually kill big cats and piss off your opponent who is an Axis hog. They come charging out right into what they think are crappy tanks because they don't do the research and find themselves down 4-5 tanks before the other scramble away with holes all in em.

I love the valentines too, but I think Mikey D did my favorite the IX and X

But since the crash.... and I didn't play CM until after the crash so I don't know for sure there are lot's of un-modded units. Or a sorry selection in some cases.

I am pretty sure that the games had full mods because you can tell when a designer has done every arty piece but one... you know it is a "lost" mod. No reason for them to skip it when they have done summer/winter/gelb/grau for all the other guns.

When I come across mods on the CMMOS disk that came with the special edition I re-number it and upload it, I just wish some of the mods out there on player's hard drives could get uploaded if people had the time.

Where is it listed in my Brit winter mod pack?

75mm SP Autocar

Churchill AVRE

Churchill Crocodile

Churchill I

Churchill IV

Churchill IV (NA 75)

Churchill IX

Churchill IX LT

Churchill V

Churchill VI

Churchill VII

Churchill VIII

Churchill X

Churchill X LT

Churchill XI

Churchill XI LT

Stuart III

Stuart IV

Stuart V

Stuart VI

Valentine X

Valentine XI

Achilles

M7 Priest

Sexton

Wolverine

OK I'll take a look next week to see what I can come up with.

Something like this do? weathered and snowy?

Meanwhile try to relax and take deep breaths in a paper bag ;)

[ June 01, 2007, 03:56 AM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

I have a Humber SC that I suspect was never actually released. Don't think I ever finished putting markings on the CMBO version, either.

Don't have any spare time, but I suppose I could uplaod them as is. Can't remember if I released the ETO Daimler or not, either. (Been a while...)

Where do people put these things nowadays? Cmmods doesn't seem to be working for me.

Originally posted by Der Alte Fritz:

I was playing a desert early war game yesterday and realised that I would like a mod for the dust clouds! There are two kinds, the basic compatible one that is ok but very very dense and the other which I would like modded which is the high quality one which is almost invisible. Could it be made thicker and at least visible. Or is this something to do with my ATI card which does not show fog?

cheers

Its not a fog problem, but it is a ATI problem. In my experience every card after the Radeon 7500 have had problems displaying dust properly (it looks great in the 7000 series, but in the 8500 and later it looks crappy).

Either a Nvidia in your PC or buy a 5 year old mac with a 7500 for $200

Originally posted by Der Alte Fritz:

Hi

Yes the culprit is the ATI Radeon 9700 Pro sitting in the heart of my machine. Is there anything that I can do to tweek the settings to improve my very transparent dust clouds?

cheers