Peng in the New Year With A Resolution to Challenge Peng!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

I'm sick as a ... well, I don't know *how* sick I am, but I feel like I've been run over by a Mack truck.

I blame Emrys.

Me???!!! What'd I do?

tcwozeretc5.gif

I've been made fun of far too frequently the last couple of days.
That Hiram is a beast! He should be ashamed of the way he treats you. He's just using you, you know.

tcwozeretc16.gif

It's high time you showed him a thing or two.

tcwozeretc19.gif

:D

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

I've just realized what that picture reminds me of: one of those inane characters that used to populate afternoon kids shows on tv in the 1950s. What a nightmare come to life.

Michael

Hmmm...Soupy Sales... I can think of worse people to be compared to. YOU for example.

Originally posted by rleete:

More like Captain Kangaroo on acid.

While you are on acid or while he is on acid? The ol CK was a bit of a tripper for a spell in the early 70s. And you can't tell me that the Dancing Bear wasn't a total stoner.

Actually, I always identified more closely with Mr. Green Jeans (No doubt due to my Ohio beginnings, as Joe will point out again and again... and again.). The actor who portrayed him (Mr. Green Jeans, not Joe.) originally had a very popular children's program in Mexico, where his character's name was Senior Pantalones Vaqueros Verdes, so you can see that the leap to his character on the Captain's show was not a great one.

Before Mexico he was in Norway for a time. His character was known as Herr Grønn Jeans. But it was a radio show so we can't be sure if he was performing in his tightywhities or in actual jeans.

edited for sentence structure...

[ January 02, 2005, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: MrPeng ]

Howaboot Peyote, then? Mescaline? Mushrooms? Different buzzes from plastic - not so harsh in my experience.

I had a perfectly fair and balanced cuppa and chat with my dear old mum in my very own kitchen one fine Autumn Sunday afternoon directly after consuming some 'shrooms. She arrived at my door and I made us both some Earl Grey. She was none the wiser as we yapped about this and that for an hour. Never woulda been able to pull that off with LSD. Of course I turned into a puddle of gibbering laffs for about 20 minutes after she left.

I've never been one to dabble in psychedelics, much. I'm far too warped to begin with; using them might change me from "slightly strange, but affable character sitting quietly" to "crazed gunman attacks crowd". You wouldn't want that on your conscience (I'd blame the MBT for all of it), would you?

I'm off to glamorous downtown Logan Utah. I've got to return my daughter to college so she can get smart, make lots of money and support me in my old age.

In the meantime YOUR assignment is to help me remember eveyone who's been sent to Coventry so I can add them to the list ... very important assigment ... don't screw it up.

Joe

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

I've just realized what that picture reminds me of: one of those inane characters that used to populate afternoon kids shows on tv in the 1950s. What a nightmare come to life.

Michael

Hmmm...Soupy Sales... I can think of worse people to be compared to. YOU for example. </font>

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Michael

Hmmm...Soupy Sales... I can think of worse people to be compared to. YOU for example. </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

graphic_pub.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Michael

Everytime I see that pic it conjures up images of Danny Baker.... quite uncanny

DannyBaker.jpg

Even the info could be about our Boo

He could talk off the whole donkey never mind the back legs

They say we all have a twin out there somewhere.

It is fitting however that Boo bears a striking resemblance to some English buffoon. I'll bet he even has one of those old Soviet floppy eared hats, which he only wears for special formal occasions.

middle_01.gif

It's the Boo Radley Show !!!!