What the Peng is wrong with my Challenge Thread? (USA)

Originally posted by Nidan1:

We might be garden variety round worms to YOU Radley , but to our employers we are valuable human assests to be cherished and nurtured.

OMG! Coffee went spewing all over my monitor when I read that! Talk about one of your HUGE feckin' guffaws. Cherished and nurtured? Either you have a richer fantasy life than I or anyone could ever imagine or the drugs they're putting in your water at work are working better than expected.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by YK2:

V42 it's almost time........

Get your arse out of the wine cellar and report for duty ASAP..

That goes for you too Sticky fingers

Have you polished your armour yet?

*Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock*

Perfectly calm and collected here...

*Twitch*

You called my Queen?

Gamey Updates & Other Assorted Nonsense

Turns out tonight gentlem... (yeah right)... guys.

Joe Shaw Is this some new tactic you're working on? Attack with your FO? "Hey FO guy, charge!" Oooooooops! Good one Joe! By the way, it would appear you have finally found a serf (after grabarsing after every new one that has posted lately). By the way, where did he go?

dalem You continue to be a large spank-monkey. I have decided to give you a much needed break and attack you with my assault trucks.

Papa Khan When you finish hacking the code and have gathered the entire regiment to attack my brave platoon, you will still have to overcome that severe leadership problem that has thwarted your previous efforts at cracking my position.

Lars So, my innocent Italians are facing elite French Foreign Leagon troops. It may take a bit longer, but your doom is inevitable. Oh, and a pool update (after five days of being away), do you recall the old Donovan classic "Mellow Yellow"? I knew you would understand. Can I call you Algie?

Boo Your scenario design ability is exceeded only by your ability to find gainful employment outside the state of Arkansas. (Is there a hyphen in non-existant?)

rleete Nice sig line, I approve.

nidan1 Stay away from Joe Shaw on the GF, I say again, stay away from Joe Shaw on the GF. He's becoming a feckin poster boy for certain idealogues.

YK2 Well, how nice of you to post. Not even a "Hi Guys or anything. Sheesh! My loyalty, much like my attention span, is wavering.

From a 70's classic: How do you mend a broken heart?

Ah there you are Sticky.. Are you playing fiefdom?

If so... where are you?

I see Konrad the brave is already there... And Lars, Berli, Leoo, RLeete amongst others...cool.

Plenty are still MIA though, and the clock is twitching.. I mean ticking..

*TWITCH*

And BTW MrBoggs funny you should pop by.. I was just asking less than an hour ago where you had disappeared to..Talk about pot calling the kettle?

You see!! although an institution The Peng Thread isn't the only means of communication on this Forum.. There are many ways of saying "Hi" and asking about people..

Sheesh indeed!

Where do you go to my lovely..

When you're alone in your bed..

Tell me the thoughts that surround you..

I want to look inside your head, yes I do. ..

Joe Shaw Is this some new tactic you're working on? Attack with your FO? "Hey FO guy, charge!" Oooooooops! Good one Joe! By the way, it would appear you have finally found a serf (after grabarsing after every new one that has posted lately). By the way, where did he go?
Yes, well, one isn't EXACTLY certain as to the location of the Serf in question is one ... perhaps I've misjudged the lad, if so ... NO HARM DONE and THAT'S the reason we make them Serfs donchasee!

By all INITIAL signs the lad was a good 'un and no error, but had I just jumped in and taken him to Squire, well, where would we be then eh? The rules are there for a REASON you see.

As to our game ... I can't help it if my FO was ... eager. He knew, as did I, that the opportunity existed to drop a few rounds atop your infantry as they entered the town and, well, he got a little close.

Joe

And BTW MrBoggs funny you should pop by.. I was just asking less than an hour ago where you had disappeared to..Talk about pot calling the kettle?

You see!! although an institution The Peng Thread isn't the only means of communication on this Forum.. There are many ways of saying "Hi" and asking about people..

Sheesh indeed!

Where do you go to my lovely..

When you're alone in your bed..

Tell me the thoughts that surround you..

I want to look inside your head, yes I do. ..

Ouch!!!!

I haven't been spanked that bad since... never mind!

Anywhooo, feel free to look inside my head, just be very quiet. I've been told that the echo can be deafening.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

It's always so sad when a simple spelling error ruins a perfectly mediocre punchline.

So you think it is a simple spelling error. Try releasing some of the water pressure, then you might get it.

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together MrBoggs?

Speaking of things coming together... not..

Ah canna wait another 24hoors afore ah hae ma next dose ah the wee fief...

Somebody fix it or peel me a grape, it could be a long night!

Anyone lost a couple of GIANTS?

Nope, nope, nope, not buying it Boggs. "Cinema-cenema-enema", is too far of a reach for a snappy one-liner.

If you have to explain the joke, then it's no longer a joke, it'a learning experience. and whilst I'm at it, you don't like "Grapes of Wrath"? Well, the tactical ability to understand all the subtle nuances of the scenario might be a bit beyond you. Just as playing the "Mr. Potato Head" game without injuring yourself and eating applesauce without an unfortunate clothing malfunction is beyond you.

Why I don't play fiefdom:

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together MrBoggs?

Here she starts sounding like Berli

Speaking of things coming together... not..

Here you would think it was Joe Shaw

Ah canna wait another 24hoors afore ah hae ma next dose ah the wee fief...

And now a dash of OGSF

Somebody fix it or peel me a grape, it could be a long night!

Anyone lost a couple of GIANTS?

And this last incoherent part clearly reminds me of dalem's brilliant insights.

Multiple Personality Disorder. Sad, so sad.

*Twitch*

What was that???

Nope, nope, nope, not buying it Boggs. "Cinema-cenema-enema", is too far of a reach for a snappy one-liner.

If you have to explain the joke, then it's no longer a joke, it'a learning experience. and whilst I'm at it, you don't like "Grapes of Wrath"? Well, the tactical ability to understand all the subtle nuances of the scenario might be a bit beyond you. Just as playing the "Mr. Potato Head" game without injuring yourself and eating applesauce without an unfortunate clothing malfunction is beyond you.

I love Grapes of Wrath. Just because the Allies set-up on top of the Victory Flag, whilst my valiant Krautheads have to storm the hill in their intimidating (not) fully-wheeled trucks should not concern a scenario designer who has the slightest sense of play balance.

Did you learn from rune by any chance?

Oh, and if you still need someone to administer that severe arsebeating you so richly deserve, in that new Joe Shaw scenario, feel free to drop it into my in-box.

It's Tuesday and I haven't kicked my Boo today.

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

I love Grapes of Wrath. Just because the Allies set-up on top of the Victory Flag, whilst my valiant Krautheads have to storm the hill in their intimidating (not) fully-wheeled trucks should not concern a scenario designer who has the slightest sense of play balance.

So which part of the briefing that mentioned Allied troops in the area and that the objective was EXTREMELY IMPORTANT convinced you that taking your time making your way towards it was the best idea? When you looked at the map and realized that the objective was the highest point there and there was no way the enemy forces could see you and that the first one to the top of the hill would have a distinct tactical advantage? Was that the part that convinced you to just sashay yourself up there, whenever???

Oh, and if you still need someone to administer that severe arsebeating you so richly deserve, in that new Joe Shaw scenario, feel free to drop it into my in-box.

I don't happen to have it. Why don't you send it to me, Buttery Goodness?

It's Tuesday and I haven't kicked my Boo today.

That's because you'd need to stand on a ladder to reach it.

So which part of the briefing that mentioned Allied troops in the area and that the objective was EXTREMELY IMPORTANT convinced you that taking your time making your way towards it was the best idea? When you looked at the map and realized that the objective was the highest point there and there was no way the enemy forces could see you and that the first one to the top of the hill would have a distinct tactical advantage? Was that the part that convinced you to just sashay yourself up there, whenever???

Boo, I have always found it hard to believe that anyone could be as big an idiot as people say you are. Until now. Let me see if I can put this in simple terms that you are familiar with:

You have a big booger dangling from your nose. Would you be able to reach it quicker with your finger (Allies) or your foot (German)? Can you now understand the concept of closer/farther away?

Boggs,

You ignorant slut. I am one of the Senior Knights [not quite as old as Joebob] , but even I know to BOLD the names of the knights.

For you disrespect, I am forced to send a scenario made by Jr. Evil your way. Expect it tonight, may it melt your processor in a mad fit of panic.

Rune

Originally posted by rune:

Boggs,

You ignorant slut. I am one of the Senior Knights [not quite as old as Joebob] , but even I know to BOLD the names of the knights.

For you disrespect, I am forced to send a scenario made by Jr. Evil your way. Expect it tonight, may it melt your processor in a mad fit of panic.

Rune

RUNE!!!!!!!!

Is it suitable for use with certain Ohidiots?

Pardon the indesecretion, dealing with Radley seems to trigger less than intellectual thoughts.

You have a big booger dangling from your nose.

Do not.
Would you be able to reach it quicker with your finger (Allies) or your foot (German)?
or tail (Jim Boggs)

Can you now understand the concept of closer/farther away?
As in "The closer I get to understanding you, the further I want to run away? Yeah, I think I can latch onto that concept fairly well.

In other words, Joe moved faster than you did, right?

Says a lot for you, doesn't it?

Why I don't play fiefdom:

Multiple Personality Disorder. Sad, so sad.

*Twitch*

I'm so sorry to hear that MrBoggs..

I always said you sounded just like the Gnome on a bad day, and a bit like Meeks on a good one.

If there's anything I can do?

You know, like, I could keep one chatting, while you knock the other over the head with a brick.. Then while they're all dazed and confused you could nip over to my Fief and let me kick your arse just for old times sake...

*Hic*

In other words, Joe moved faster than you did, right?

Says a lot for you, doesn't it?

*Shakes Head*

Is it the water in Ohio? The air?

I suppose I could have kicked in the hemi/supercharger on those Deutsches jalopies, but what with the price of fuel.

You flaming doofuss!!!

Regardless of your pathetic excuses to explain away the severe handicap under which the Germans operate, as you have probably read, it will avail Mr Shaw to little effect, as he has clearly overrun the objective. Heh heh heh!

@Joe Shaw : I'm preparing stupid exams right now, something I've postponed for 9 months. Major "Sh*t sh*t sh*t so much to do, so little time !" episode.

The forces at my disposal are...let's say it's a major *WOW* factor. Like I told my opponent, that kind of firepower will have craters reaching the Earth core in no time.

Of course, I'm expecting a crapload of those nasty nasty unspottable/undestroyable AT guns on the other side, just to spite my precious tanks. That, and I suck at armor battles. I hate you. I hate you with all the fires of Gehenna.

Oh, and I had never seen or used rocket FOs before, so I figured they were just like regular arty, only less precise maybe.

After sending the first turn I got some doubts, and tried them out in a quickbattle. Needless to say I felt quite stupid. Not only do they take literally forever to arrive, THEY ONLY SHOOT A SALVO EVERY 2 MINUTES.

Needless to say, I cussed the sky blue after realizing that, for not having set preliminary barrages. I'll have to think of something else, and something goddamned clever to boot. In other words, I'm toast.

That reminds me : Lars, you degenerate lummox, what are you doing with my turn ? Making cryogenic experiments with it, so it will be found in pristine state by archeologists in 3452 ?

[ June 01, 2004, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Kobal2 ]