indian forces

Enigma,

There was a previous thread that addressed this. At that time I expressed my dismay that there weren't Indian units represented in the game. Their contributions were as great or greater than the French, Poles, South Africans, New Zealanders, etc. I got answers, but wasn't very satisfied. If they ever revisit this neck of the woods in CMX2 I hope they correct. Until then I use the Limeys, ah.... Brits.

DavidI

Yeah, I was a bit dissapointed too. I think there was a BBC docu over the Indian Army. I think it was called 'The forgotten army'. Not quite what they deserved. Hate to imagine an Indian veteran loading up CMAK. I'm glad the Anto-Podeans made it in and all but if you leave out the Indians you do them a grave injustice and perhaps from a moral standpoint it would have been better to have a generic Commonwealth army.

Just doesn't feel right without Indian Army.

I think there were some other issues - skins for faces are the same for both sides at the moment. And they have the ranks wrong for "normal" CW armies, let alone Havildars etc. for the Indian army.

Given that, would rather were left out than done half heartedly.

My father used to pay the war pensions as honorary UK consul in Hyderabad. The veterans would wear their medals & ribbons on collection day - and when I was very young, the ghurkha vets let me play with their kukris...

Not to get into even more useless speculation about CMx2, but I sincerely hope BFC can get past this graphics bottleneck concerning faces. I understand that all three games so far have used the same face textures for both sides. In the future I hope that's no longer the case, so all Allied and Axis troops don't have to look like Germans. I suspect that CMx2 with soldiers who do not look like Germans may help BFC penetrate markets which have been completely unrepresented in the games so far. How many billions of people live in those parts of the world, like India and China and Japan? News flash - somebody is buying a whole lot of computers in these countries. I'm sure they're all just as proud of their fathers and grandfathers who fought in WW2 as any European, Commonwealth or American gamers. :D:D