Smoke Tanks useless due to how smoke command works!

The british CS tanks that offer only smoke shells are almost useless in CMAK thanks to how the smoke command works. It is basically not possible to lay a smoke screen with one tank.

Would it be possible to give us something like a smoke arc? It just makes no sense to have a tank fire all its stuff basically on one spot, even worst, smoke doesn't last long enough to create an arc of cover yourself.

Originally posted by SteppenWolf:

Would it be possible to give us something like a smoke arc? It just makes no sense to have a tank fire all its stuff basically on one spot, even worst, smoke doesn't last long enough to create an arc of cover yourself.

Second the motion...

I didn't found it that serious for MG's but yes it would be nice. The thing with MG fire is they supress stuff close to impact anyhow and normaly I've enough of available mg power to cover an area... With smoke tanks this is a bit different.

Of cause a cool idea would be something along the line: If you hold the shift key while having a target line it changes to an target arc regardless of what you fire...

But I doubt I will see this in patch *LOL*

Originally posted by Mr. Tittles:

It would be nice if there could multiple targets for area fire. This has been suggested before. For MG fire, a 10 second burst in each designated spot. For smoke, fire smoke for 10 seconds into each spot.

The whole Area Fire modeling needs to be redone from the ground up, much like other aspects. It'll come with CM2. Until then attackers will remain handicapped, but it's workable.

-dale

Remember those small drums on the rear of the late T34/85 in CMBB? And notice those two small squares on the Churchill's lower-rear hull? Both are generating equipment for laying smoke. CM doesn't model smoke generators. Funny thing is, with the 'dust clouds' feature under their belt they'd probably be able to produce this feature nicely on the 4th go-around of the game engine... but they're discarding this game engine.