It Don't Mean a Thing if it Ain't Got That Peng -- Challenge, that is . . .

MrSpkr

Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

I'm currently working on an M4 Sherman 105MM, 1/32nd scale, Tamiya, Ardennes tank thingy

It's 1/35 scale.

btw Dalem nice bit of scratchbuilding there! I takes me hat off tew ya! *well I would if I wore one*

PS does free beer come with this new title of mine?

Mace

[ November 18, 2004, 12:39 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

I'm currently working on an M4 Sherman 105MM, 1/32nd scale, Tamiya, Ardennes tank thingy

It's 1/35 scale.

btw Dalem nice bit of scratchbuilding there! I takes me hat off tew ya! *well I would if I wore one*

PS does free beer come with this new title of mine?

Mace </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

Boy, am I glad I loaded the patch....

If it puts a halt to your PBEM games, we're all glad too.*

*All except me, who has the misfortune of playing a CMBB scenario with you. </font>

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Boy, am I glad I loaded the patch....

I’m glad too.

You see I treated the patch a little like how I treat my men (calm down Emrys).

With boyish enthusiasm, strapping things (calm down Emrys), clean uniforms and brand new weapons they listen to my advice, my orders, and my morale boosting speeches.

Then off they go into the heart of the enemies defences, lives are ruined, guts are spilt, smiles wiped off faces (or more accurately smiley faces wiped off necks) whilst I’m kept safely away & allowed to use my expertise to ‘ guide’ the resulting clash.

The enemy are probably vanquished but it’s not overly important. No the point is that those that live are stronger, wiser, better… they also know now not what to do & who not to listen too.

Likewise with this patch I needed bright, enthusiastic boys ready to grasp (calm down Emrys) any opportunity; Men who needed to show the world they could be their first. They could be better, that they could count.

You Nidan and others like you have done this task & just like with those brave lions I extend to you a sympathetic ear, a towel, a nip of rum, a manly slap on the back (calm down Emrys) and kind words like...

“there now see, wasn’t so bad was it? Better luck next time ‘ey?"

I suppose it also helped that I forgot to bring my USB pen…

[ November 18, 2004, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: 37mm ]

37mm...it's your type that ruins it for the rest of us...let's say, more pragmatic types.

While you seem to go through life with the outlook of a six year old...we who are more mature recognize the danger in seeing everything at face value.

There are always underlying, hidden, or otherwise obfuscated reasons why things happen the way they do. Its not fate, its not karma, and no 37mm, there are no Guardian Angels watching over us.

In this world, no good deed goes unpunished, and no amount of excitement expressed over an upgrade for your favorite past time is ever fulfilled.

Yes, young Small Caliber, the truth is, you were cursed from birth, if not before, and justly so. For you are the lamest, least competent, most inept soldier who ever tripped over his own boot laces. No doubt your men all die cursing your inability to fathom even the least obscure aspect of tactics or military science and wishing on your head yet more dismal personal misfortunes and humilations.

You probably miscounted all those fruit fly legs as well.

Michael

You're right, Joe, although putting it in words will doubtlessly cost me time in the hospital. Discipline (to the extent that any ever existed) has become dangerously thin, especially among the lower ranks. I think it's time you strung some up as an example.

Speaking unofficially as a regal guest, of course.

Michael