*Winterised Sherman Mod Packs*

Wicky

%20WinterSherms.jpg

All the allied shermans with a dusting of snow ready for Italian winter battles.

Two separate packs - UK and Allies at 17.5mb each

Edit: Available now at CMMODS Edit to the Edit: I will post later the IIC Firefly I missed...

Enjoy and many thanks to Columbus for hosting

Edit: Missing Firefly llC now at CMMODS

fireflyIIc.jpg

[ February 06, 2004, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Wicky ]

Originally posted by Wicky:

Unfortunately after filling in the details it stalls at the stage where the browser displays:

"Sending request for /web/CMAKModshsf/Mod!OpenForm&Seq=3"

I presumed it was uploading but nothing more happened for an hour....any ideas?

Ummm.... I'm guessing that you may have fat fingered the keyboard as it should have said:

/web/CMAKMods.nsf/Mod!OpenForm&Seq=3 NOT:

/web/CMAKModshsf/Mod!OpenForm&Seq=3

Try it again...

I'm all downloaded and installed no problem. That's the fluffiest snow art I've ever seen! I don't know how you did it. Great work and they look perfect.

In case anyone's counting that's TWENTY FIVE separate Sherman mods. A Herculean feat. Between Wicky's snowy Shermans, AndrewTF's uniforms, and the much anticipated return of Juju maybe more people will finally begin considering downloading mods for CMAK like they had done with CMBB.

Originally posted by junk2drive:

my first attempt stuck at 17.2mb of 17.4 then second attempt it worked ok. info doc wont open, icon looks like a file or app, not txt. bmp numbers are not in original bmp file so i assume i dont have to use a mod mgr? just install? if true i can install some old cmbo winter mods. smile.gif

The 'read me / info' file is a text file - just add .txt and should be OK. The bmp numbers shouldn't replace any existing files in your data/bmp folder as they use new numbers (old bmp no + 50,000) which activate in snowy conditions.

Don't bank on CMBO mod files working for vehicles as a lot of polygon models changed for CMBB and CMAK

Thanks for the info on the info. i like to try cmbo stuff, you never know what might work. sometimes just a stretch and a pink paintbrush will fix the prob. or sometimes the pinkies are not bad enough to bother me. sometime bo has 5 bmps and bb or ak has 10 for an item. i have made some things work just by duplicating a bmp and resizing it to what im missing.

Finally loaded, got a peek. omg looks like you built models, sprinkled with powder and took a picture. fantastic.

great news, gordon molek's usff winter trucks for cmbo looks great too. unzip your choice, us or ff, with or without star and rename as follows:

63040,63041,63042,63043,63044,63045,63046. make a second copy of 13286 wheel, rename 63051.

side note, you cannot add a 5 to the bmp like i thought. you must add 13040 + 50000 = 63040.

i also added from cmbo bergmans allied tracks with rubber blocks 4023us bloc to 4038, 4024us bloc to 4039 and 4025us bloc to 4040. they work fine and look good on your mod.

thanks to all and cmhq for holding these oldies.

until Andrew make some uni mods for us, bmp 848 shrunk to 128x128 renumbered 9608 makes a white helmet cover.

[ February 06, 2004, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: junk2drive ]

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING MODS!!! I am now enjoying them while playing the CMBO remake "...Going to Town". The best thing about mods is to see them inaction right away. :D

Now, let's be a greedy modWHORE and ask the next favor: who is going to mod the Germans and Allies in their winter whites(NO need for Italians in white, I believe)? Rather than transferring BO mods to CMAK I'll just wait. Anyone?

Oh yes, in response to the frequent "why don't YOU mod them?" question, allow me this simple reply--because I am a frigging computer moron who won't waste your time or mine with my pathetic endeaver! :rolleyes: Really, I AM that stupid.

However, the one thing a modslut should do is at least playtest or collaborate on battles/ops in order to give something BACK to the CM community.

This also gives the chance to congratulate Gary Krockover for the BEST NEW CM (IMO)site--the Proving Grounds. I find myself spending more and more time there. Check it out--the scenario designers can use the help and we all benefit from this labor of love. :D

Thanks again Wicky. Installed them all yesterday. Great looking winter mods! Your shermans with a dusting of snow are ready for Italian winter battle... and today's local weather. No snow but cold enough for it.

Extra Espresso Dolce' ... Log on fire... Dawgs by feet... CM on the computer.

Life is good.

Ciao,

Roberto