CMBB and CMAK in Australia

Originally posted by Blue Streak:

What is the diff between europe and american versions??

Censorship of various terms to comply with European regulations re Nazi terminology, mainly (eg Waffen Grenadiers rather than Waffen SS).

And IIRC, a bit more copy protection on the CDs.

Mace

Mace!

"Censorship of various terms to comply with European regulations re Nazi terminology, mainly (eg Waffen Grenadiers rather than Waffen SS)."

Hey its a German thing - nothing to do with Europe.

"And IIRC, a bit more copy protection on the CDs."

A BIT MORE ..... spit growl stomps feet! Very laborious about if it likes your set-up when loading. Of course no-cd patches make it bearable. Patches tend to be bigger than the US version [which fortunately is available in Europe being mailed from Ireland [Eire]] One of the CDV CMBB patches came in at 70MB. IIRC hte US version was 25MB.

Hi,

I am also from Australia. I would advise getting your games from BFC. They have better after sales service and you will able to replace possible faulty disks even after a long period. And you can back up your disks easier, an important thing in my opinion.

There have been quiet a few posts about the European disks cracking after awhile, and replacement of them could be hard if not impossible from Australia.

The delivery is quick and the service great. I would wait and buy from BFC, I believe in supporting good support which is rare in the PC industry these days.

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...