Prisoners... what to do, what to do....

I just completed the scenario "The Defense of Snipe" as Axis... around turn 25 (of 48) i had overrun the outpost and collected a total of 83 prisoners... some surrendered without losing a man out of their squad (e.g. a full 10 man rifle squad and 6 man company command unit)... i resented these cowards lowering my final score (prisoners award less points than inflicted casualties)... so i had to do something...

What to do... What to do...

Then it hit me...

EXECUTE THEM!!!

That's right... group them all up in the center and have all of my useless infantry fire mercilessly into the crowd until they all lay dead... well, i had a few problems with the bastards trying to run while i was shooting them, but once i brought in 2 platoons of crappy italian tanks (M14/40's) all 83 of them had the beautiful word "eliminated" suspended above them..

Am i mean?

Maybe... but i just wanted a good score... final score... 82-18... Oh Yeah!

Am i alone? Has anyone else ever done such a thing?

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

What about the first Meeting Engagement where I just spanked you all around the VLs?

You didn't have to actually take the VLs. The bloody engine set you up 15 meters from them, and I spent the rest of the game trying to fathom how even an idiot savant game engine could have a preference for large, boorishly foolish Ohioans...

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

What about the first Meeting Engagement where I just spanked you all around the VLs?

You didn't have to actually take the VLs. The bloody engine set you up 15 meters from them, and I spent the rest of the game trying to fathom how even an idiot savant game engine could have a preference for large, boorishly foolish Ohioans... </font>

I don't shoot prisoners. Mainly because I feel a certain degree of accomplishment whenever an enemy unit surrenders to me. It brings a smile to my face watching them walking down a street towards my rear as my main force advances past them.

In CMBB though I did shoot at my own routed units when I played the Russian side. At least when I could spare the ammo. Comrade Stalin would've been proud.

Originally posted by Lawngnome:

I just completed the scenario "The Defense of Snipe" as Axis... around turn 25 (of 48) i had overrun the outpost and collected a total of 83 prisoners... some surrendered without losing a man out of their squad (e.g. a full 10 man rifle squad and 6 man company command unit)... i resented these cowards lowering my final score (prisoners award less points than inflicted casualties)... so i had to do something...

Then it hit me...

EXECUTE THEM!!!

That's right... group them all up in the center and have all of my useless infantry fire mercilessly into the crowd until they all lay dead... well, i had a few problems with the bastards trying to run while i was shooting them, but once i brought in 2 platoons of crappy italian tanks (M14/40's) all 83 of them had the beautiful word "eliminated" suspended above them..

Am i mean?

Maybe... but i just wanted a good score... final score... 82-18... Oh Yeah!

Am i alone? Has anyone else ever done such a thing?

Who has the Nuremburg war crimes tribunal mod?

Originally posted by Lawngnome:

Then it hit me...

EXECUTE THEM!!!

Well, "Kill them dead before they spread." as the old Raid Ad used to say. tongue.gif

A note on crews from Redwolfs observations....

- Crews from knocked out vehicles, mortars etc. are costly when

killed, about 6 points for a regular crewmember, about 8 for veteran

(that is about what HQ men are worth). Since crews cannot defend

themself, withdraw them or hide them well. It may even pay to invest

other resources to rescue them. When you loose an onboard 81mm mortar,

you more than double the damage if you loose the 6 man-crew as well.

Not to speak of a captured crew, as always it counts twice.

Originally posted by Spears:

I area fired a crew unit which surrendered to me out of a tiger. No hans you killed my tanks now you want food and water...no no no. Die you nazi scumbags .. arr the points the points .. a tank crew dont add up to alot smile.gif

Actually, as Redwolf's note, cited by Ted, indicates, tank crews are pretty valuable. A five man crew would be worth 30 points, or 60 points if they surrendered. Seems to me it's worth keeping those captured guys alive. In fact, it might pay to relentlessly kill off, or seek to capture, enemy crews. Two captured tank crews would about equal a small flag...