When oh when

Hi gang

This has been brought up so many times before it's getting tired but since it's Christmas, I'll bring it up.

To the good folks at BFC, when are we going to get some news on CMx2 that would run native on the Mac OS X? How close are you to completion? Any update would be the best Christmas present I could have.

When my old iMac DV wheezed and keeled over, I had to buy a new G5 iMac and it just isn't the same, not being able to play CM. I'm sick of playing Call of Duty.

I have small request too. Can we have a command that says to a tank, say, drive from point A to point B using the fastest available route using just the available roads, point A and point B of course being two points on the road system. I find myself micromanaging so much when I have a battle group on a road.

Thanks

Danny

Let me say it for them. (I'm serious here.) Questions like these just end up being ignored -or worse. They do not seem to be liked very much around here.

The best answers to your questions are :

CMx2 will be out when it is ready and not a minute sooner. If they weren't tired of saying that, you'd have already gotten that "put down" by now.

It will run on a Mac. On that you can be sure. Actually, its the only thing you can be sure of.

As for your nice idea, we don't even know what time frame or what war that the game will be about. Sadly, no one will say for certain. It seems that they are just working on a basic gaming engine for now.

Some kind of a press release would be nice. There are "CMx2 idea threads" aplenty in this forum and I'm betting that they are getting read by the powers that be. Maybe you can repost your idea in one?

Your curiosity and enthusiasm is a excellent thing, in my opinion. It should be encouraged.

My Holiday wish for you Danny is that you get some real good anwers, --real quickly.

Minimum specs in OSX are for dual 4GHz processors but it will run in OS9 G3s but not on any mac in between :(;)

I've gambled in upgrading my DP 450 to DP 1.2 so I can heartily enjoy 'classic' CM but will have the oomph (with a graphics card upgrade later) to handle CMX - fingers crossed

I could be wrong on this......

BUT

I think Moon said we could quote him when he said it would be ready by the END Of 2005!

I suspect we are looking for a release date around sometime in Dec 2005.

NOW I could be wrong on this, and I know they always say they will only release it when its finished....

BUT....

There has been a public commitment (I think, someone please correct me if I am wrong) to get it DONE by Dec 31 2005.

I suspect that you could realistically look forward to actually playing the game sometime in Jan - Feb 2006

NOW.... I have NO insider information of ANY kind.

ONLY what I think I believe I have read some where here that Moon (Martin: Head Honcho Bean Counter Admin Type Guy) said you can count on one thing:

"IT WILL be done by the END of 2005"

Did he not say that on the forum here sometime ago?

(or I am just as dilussional as the next guy around here??)

-tom w

Originally posted by Danny Chung:

Hi gang

This has been brought up so many times before it's getting tired but since it's Christmas, I'll bring it up.

To the good folks at BFC, when are we going to get some news on CMx2 that would run native on the Mac OS X? How close are you to completion? Any update would be the best Christmas present I could have.

When my old iMac DV wheezed and keeled over, I had to buy a new G5 iMac and it just isn't the same, not being able to play CM. I'm sick of playing Call of Duty.

I have small request too. Can we have a command that says to a tank, say, drive from point A to point B using the fastest available route using just the available roads, point A and point B of course being two points on the road system. I find myself micromanaging so much when I have a battle group on a road.

Thanks

Danny

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

I could be wrong on this......

BUT

I think Moon said we could quote him when he said it would be ready by the END Of 2005!

I suspect we are looking for a release date around sometime in Dec 2005.

As long as we're just speculating (AGAIN!), I'd say that's not an unreasonable guess. In fact, it would not be a gigantic surprise to me to see it next summer, although unforeseen problems (and there always are some) make that unlikely.

Michael

From what I've gathered over the various conversations is that CMX2 has been in developement since CMAK was started so there is atleast some headway being made. Happily enough for me CMAK is done as far as I know. So that means all attention is now focused on the new engine. I didn't care all that much about anymore patches I was excited about BFC moving away from the old engine and getting on with the new.

I expect that we'll be getting something to drool over at anytime, which could be next week or two months from now. Matt usually likes to suprise us out of the blue and without warning.

So Danny, I am with you hoping we get a Christmas present update. But if not, there'll be SOMETHING sometime, hopefully not to far off.

Mord.

Originally posted by Probert:

I figured that we would see a CMAK special edition first.

I was talking as far as coding and programing were concerned. I imagine there might be something to that effect but I hope the grunt work is done and that aspect is being poured into the new engine.

Mord.