I got Afrika Korps yesterday..........

Originally posted by Wires:

... as the panzer breached the front line all of a sudden "the battle has reached its conclusion" "it was a draw" I was left bewildered as to why the battle reached a conclusion... I had set it so that the amount of turns was 30+... would the enemy securing all the flags have been enough to finish it?

You get auto-ceasfire coming into effect when ammunition levels fall to a certain level.

Welcome friend!

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

Wine donations send to the following for their contributions to CM:

</font>

• Staff @ Battlefront.com</font>
  • John Kettler for his entertaining tourney AAR’s</font>
  • Fuerte for his PBEM HELPER</font>
  • Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Boots & Tracks (RoW tournament scenarios)</font>
  • Andrew Fox (modding art)</font>
  • Keith Miller @ Scenario Depot</font>
  • Gordon Molek for his CMMOS utility</font>

Co-creator & Sponsor of the following Combat Mission tournaments:

</font>

• 4 months later...
Originally posted by Hans:

Hey CMAK Borg, do you know where the CMBO Borg is? When I got assimilated, that Borg also helped himself to my wallet and watch....

Do not address us in the second person, puny earthling! :mad: :mad: You were "aCMilated" not "ass"imilated. That ten pound ham you used to call your backside is of no more use to the Collective than a copy of Eric Young's Squad Assault.

Originally posted by Paul Atreides:

Just wondering, but what is the main gripe with Squad Assault? Never heard of it before, but the reviews were like 6 or 7 out of ten.

If you played CM for years it is very hard to adapt to the EYSA style of camera movement and gameplay.

On the other hand, if you played EYSA for some weeks it is as difficult to go back to CM.

EYSA saw, like, 8 patches already and is not quite the game that it started out as.

My personal opinion is that EYSA has great *atmosphere* and conveys the destiny of *individuals* very well, since every soldier is modelled. I think it is superior to Close Combat, and this means something.

Some things, like tank movement, are still not perfect, and a turn-off for CM fans.

Nevertheless, EYSA is a "quick and dirty", if you wish, alternative for wargamers, who are turned off by games like Codeword:Panzers, which got stellar reviews and is sooo unrealistic.

I hope that the next SA game will be released with a map editor, because the artists around here will dig the creative possibilities of a non-tile-based wargame.

Regards,

Thomm

Originally posted by Rollstoy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Paul Atreides:

Just wondering, but what is the main gripe with Squad Assault? Never heard of it before, but the reviews were like 6 or 7 out of ten.

If you played CM for years it is very hard to adapt to the EYSA style of camera movement and gameplay.</font>