BFC: Forum still buggy late at night USA time: errors, white screens, other glitches

Even after yesterday's diagnostics, the forum is behaving strangely. It seems to start at about 3:30 AM East Coast USA time and lasts a few hours. Perhaps BFCs internet host runs some kind of automaintenance at their main site which is interfering?

Have disabled cache, eliminated cookies, rebooted, all to no avail.

[ January 23, 2004, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: CMplayer ]

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're on WinXP using IE, it has some strange caching and cookies issues that we've been discussing on a developers list that I'm subscribed to. Have you tried another browser? If you're not on XP or not using IE, then, nevermind. :D

Originally posted by Frenchy:

Win XP with IE 6 at home and work...no problems here.

Have you tried it at the times indicated?

Edit: the same goes for everyone: if you're going to post 'no problems' please indicate the time (forum time, i.e. EST), that you were using the forum. If it's not between 3:30 AM and approx 5:00 AM EST then it might not be especially relevant.

Originally posted by CMplayer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Frenchy:

Win XP with IE 6 at home and work...no problems here.

Have you tried it at the times indicated?

Edit: the same goes for everyone: if you're going to post 'no problems' please indicate the time (forum time, i.e. EST), that you were using the forum. If it's not between 3:30 AM and approx 5:00 AM EST then it might not be especially relevant. </font>

Originally posted by Soddball:

I hit the problems at bang on 08:30 GMT and they carried on (on and off) until I got to work at 11:00GMT.

Win2K, IE6.

Yes I was having problems at the same time, it took me three attempts to get into the Cheery Waffle (I was bored).

Win XP IE 6

Originally posted by Soddball:

I hit the problems at bang on 08:30 GMT and they carried on (on and off) until I got to work at 11:00GMT.

That's exactly the right timing I believe. EST is GMT -5 right?

[ January 22, 2004, 03:42 AM: Message edited by: CMplayer ]

Yes, I woke up early this morning and had no problems until 08:30 GMT (03:30 EST), when they started again - I even had a white screen the first time I tried opening this thread. I'm wondering if there's some sort of scheduled maintenace that kicks in the early hours, US time.

Originally posted by YK2:

It'll pass soon.. In the meantime if you are posting... try clicking the back button (before it takes you back to the page) then just refresh... Works everytime for me.

I find that it's possible to use tricks like you describe, but that on the whole the problems can happen so often as to effectively block the forum.