**CAMOUFLAGE Russian T34-76 Model 1943 (early) with histocal turret art**

For you Russian camou lovers:

**CAMOUFLAGE Russian T34-76 Model 1943 (early) with histocal turret art**

Get it at our favorite site:

http://www.cmmods.com/

Based on my early T34-76 M43 mod posted last week, this new mod recreates an often-printed photo of a T34-76 of the 30th Guards tank brigade which was decorated in late 1942 for eight tank kills in the Leningrad area. The slogan reads "Stalinets". It also sports the "Order of the Red Banner "badge decal.

Once again, all praise to the BFC polygon designer! Absolutely fantastic to work on!

Next to come: T34-76 M43 (late)

If you're not counting winter white camou, not much and not often.

The original b&w photo I had based my camou mod on looks like nothing more than hard-edged standard Russian khaki over standard Russian green. Perhaps it's a distorted impression based on available photos, but it seems to me mid-war Guards units were more likely to try their hand at camou than others.

Mikey

You mention above 'standard Russian khaki' and 'standard Russian green'. I wanted to post this question on your non-camo thread but dare not in case anyone - especially you - saw it as criticism. Anyway - here goes. The green you are using is very different from the BFC base textures or any other mods I have seen, but Panzermartin reckons it is accurate. And because it is your mod I trust you to have achieved an accurate colour. Which means unfortunately that all the other Soviet armour in the game is the wrong colour??? Or is it just that The Russians used a variety of different shades of green and this is just one of them?

I would appreciate your comments and possibly the names of any sites that show colour photos of WWII Russian armour.

The mods are really great - I'm just confused about colour now!

If you check out this site...

http://www.battlefield.ru/camo/camouflage.html

... you see that some vehicles are illustrated more green, some more khaki (or olive drab). Don't know if the colors are based on research or imagination.

Zaloga says in several of his books that the standard color was green. But color photos of old Soviet artillery pieces are khaki/olive. I figure so many manufacturing plants, so many regions, over so long a time it's pretty likely every imaginable shade of green would've been seen at one time or another.

Reminds me of the ongoing stink over U.S. olive drab and Israeli sand colors! :D

I don't want to seem ungrateful, Mikey, but though it's an awesome piece of work I'm no fan of slogans (at least not until we get separate textures for both sides of a turret). Could you please post a plain BMP option for this one? Or send me one? I really want to use this mod.

Thanks in advance, I hope. ;)

Juju, the camou mod's of a specific historical vehicle. Otherwise I would've happily stuck with my nice generic green mod from last week. I still haven't decided which of my T34 M43 mods I'm going to keep in my OWN game!

I've been reminded of the existance of the hex-turret 57mm gun T34 in the game too. Maybe I'll renumber and repost a camou 57mm gun T34 without slogans. Kill two birds with one stone that way.

Mikey D... your camoes are crap! they may look good but they dont serve their purpose :mad:

i have clear and undeniable evidence that this is the case!

out of all the t-34 mods you have made it is only the camoed ones that have been hit! on your camoed versions there are several hit marks on the front hull plating... but on the non camoed versions there are no visible hits.

this must mean that your camo is faulty and actually attracts more attention than the non-camoed ones (not surprising, since they are indeed splendid :D )

Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

Mikey D... your camoes are crap! they may look good but they dont serve their purpose :mad:

i have clear and undeniable evidence that this is the case!

out of all the t-34 mods you have made it is only the camoed ones that have been hit! on your camoed versions there are several hit marks on the front hull plating... but on the non camoed versions there are no visible hits.

this must mean that your camo is faulty and actually attracts more attention than the non-camoed ones (not surprising, since they are indeed splendid :D )

No, you've got it backwards - first the tanks were hit by the shells, and *then* they put on the camoflage, so it wouldn't happen again. Tanks without shell marks are green or conscript tanks that haven't yet learned the need for camoflage.

Although, on a historical note, you have to wonder who, after the tank was camoflaged, came up and said, "Great job comrades! Now I need you to paint a large white slogan on either side of the turret, on top of the camoflage, and then, oh, paint the red banner on the turret as well."

Thanks for another outstanding looking tank MikeyD but now I have a problem. Which of these do I use, this spendid one or the spendid one you did last week ? :(;) Couldn't I change one of these BMP numbers for another tank? I just hate not being able to use both of these mods of yours. What a waste it seems to me. Truely nice, both of them.