Selling Art For Battlefront?

Hi all, I've been hanging around here for a while and finally registered to this site. I am an digital and traditional artist. One thing I love is making composite screenshots of this game (integrating game elements and real world pics together to achieve a realistic shot) I love the variety of the tanks and vehicles to choose from in my shots. So I was wondering, do you guys think I can make these shots for the battlefront company and in return, sell these shots with the company logos and such? I'm asking because of all the complicated copyright issues and I don't want to get into legal trouble.

Here's one of my work, called "Calm Before the Storm" showing an soldier scanning the countryside right before an attack, while storm clouds brew overhead. The tank used is the default king tiger tank from CMBB, added to an photo background. The soldier was digitally painted.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a178/Riceball88/sample.jpg

If the head of battlefront sees this, could you PM me or e-mail me to discuss this matter please.

thanks all ;)

thanks all,

76mm, I was wanting to sell hard copies, like posters smile.gif

Juan, Right now before I do anything, I would like to have CM's permission to let me sell the prints with their tanks. Correct me if I'm wrong,but even if I use someone elses mods, I'm still using it on their models in the game right? That's why I'm scared to sell right now so I don't get into trouble with the company because I want to work with them. ;)

that's why I posted the shot here so the CM makers can see it and give me the go so I can sell it. If i'm correct, I think I need to get CM's approval before I sell the shot because it has a part of the game in it (the tank) so I don't infringe on copyright. Guys, am I right on this?

anyone know how to contact the CM Boss's on this matter?

any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks smile.gif

also, for all of U and for the CM creators, here's some of my other work if U want to evaluate me smile.gif

The first one is another shot I made from CM, using the t-34(correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a tank noob! lol) and the panther.

The second one is one of many drawing prints I'm selling currently. It is hand drawn by me and touched up digitally. I have sold numerous copies of this one and It depics B-24 Liberators on a bombing run.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a178/Riceball88/Ambush2.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a178/Riceball88/WIPWIP.jpg

Thanks for lookin!

Riceball 88

Oh Yeah, I was unsure at first, but after I made my first Million dollars on art for Combat Mission I became a True Believer! Dey litterally rolls in Canadian Dollars, typically using them to light his $50 cigars. MikeyD actually heads the Illuminatie. So I think, although you are coming in late, you have your fortune awaiting you.

David

Originally posted by undead reindeer cavalry:

you can use them freely. no different to selling an artwork that shows a Toyota pickup.

You might be correct on verdict (I have no idea), but your example does not compare. Instead, it'd be like selling an artwork that shows a Toyota pickup model from a driving game. Would it be very different from building a composite picture from other people's drawings and photographs?

I'm reminded of those 3-D anatomy programs for artists. Gives you a way to pose and angle a figure then use it as a rough base for your own art. I've been waiting to spot a bookjacket drawing that a seasoned CM player could recognize as a redrawn CM screenshot! :D

I'd guess (and its only a guess) that it would be legally okay to use the game to pose the vehicles in interesting 3-D groupings for your own art. Letting any of the actual default art peek through might be problematic, though. And some modders are pretty jealous of their workproduct. Me, I'm not at all. If you want to you can pose my Jagdtiger mod or any of the PzIVs and output the art to wall size for the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art!

Why do U guys think I'm doing this for the money? I know that I can't even make a living in selling art because I sell my drawings already and I only do it for a hobby. That's why I will be going to Dental school in the fall. Sure, I wish that I can make good money in doing art, but we all know it wount happen. At least no to me anyways...so what's wrong with making art with the game I enjoy?

Originally posted by Riceball88:

Why do U guys think I'm doing this for the money? I know that I can't even make a living in selling art because I sell my drawings already and I only do it for a hobby. That's why I will be going to Dental school in the fall. Sure, I wish that I can make good money in doing art, but we all know it wount happen. At least no to me anyways...so what's wrong with making art with the game I enjoy?

That's dentists for you, always down in the mouth.

Riceball:

First of all nice work! love it. Copyrights-ANY and ALL assets included in any of the Battlefront games are protected included but not limited to art, sounds, code etc. You need express written permission from Battlefront to use them. Read the user agreement included in all the games.